• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 - 1.07 Patch now live

etta

my hard graphic balls
Seems to be here already.

-----------------------------------------------
PC patch has gone live, there might be issues with downloading it through GOG client as of 12:04 PM EST. ~2.1GB GOG, ~5.1GB Steam
*Download the patch from GOG website instead.
*GOG patch needs 7GB space on HDD for allocation.
its-happening-1.gif

tumblr_n4iierxtrb1rj1j9ro3_250.gif

Many having issues finding the patch in the UK region as of 09:50 AM EST 18/7/15

Patch 1.07 decreases performance for both consoles, double-bufferring on Xbox One now: Thanks, chadskin

Eurogamer analysis of patch
Patch 1.07 changelog (~7.5 GB) (Thank you, bombshell)

Thank you, xxracerxx:
nTurQ75.gif

YouTube video, thanks to v0mitg0d (headphone warning)

SADLY THE CLAYWITCH MERCHANT GLITCH IS STILL BROKEN IN 1.07(no key drops for cage). GWENT CARD COLLECTORS, OUR LONG WAIT FOR A FIX CONTINUES...

Fuck.

The new movement is a massive improvement. Essentially it removes the irritating momentum that Geralt had with each minor shift or direction change causing him to slide about on his shoelaces. Much more direct and responsive, though the weird analog stick quirk still exists which occasionally has him moving in random directions even at neutral stick position.

It finally finished downloading.

Some quick impressions so far on Ps4:

- Music in the Main Menu is fixed. Sounds fine now!!
- New movement system is great. It definitely feels more responsive
- Might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure changing tabs in the inventory is bit faster now
- Stash is great. Between that and the fact that alechemy and crafting component no longer have weight I went from carrying 140 to 68.
- Spent some time with Roach. Encountered none of his annoying random stops, though it might just have been luck (I just rode around for a few minutes)
- Framerate in Novigrad is still not perfect but there is a notorious improvement specially during the night. That's also true for other towns at night (seems like torches and fire in general no longer have such a big impact on framerate)
- Framerate in the bog is a bit better but still crappy. Walking around feels decent now but there are still notorious framerate issues during combat (and it wasn't even stormy)

On the negative side:
- There is now a slight delay after selecting a dialog choice

PSA: Patch changes witcher level requirements
Just had gear level requirement jump from 19/20 --> 23 on me. I'm locked out of using armor I'd been wearing since I finished a quest that required different clothes...

I could go back to a save from an hour earlier but I want to continue with the main story. Looks like there's about 3 levels of work in my future before I can wear that stuff again.

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3dnvb3/psa_107_patch_changes_witcher_gear_level/
ummm i know it's been posted about but the gear requirement changing is rough... all my gear went up to Level 34 requirement even though i'm only level 31 and due to all the weight restrictions in the previous versions of the game, I don't have extra gear in my inventory to change to if the game somehow forces the equipment off of my character (this does happen a lot in this game, especially in story sequences.)

I'm in a tough spot :| hope I can hurry up and level

PS -- i'm on PS4 and the patch took a little over an hour to download and install. If it's taking way longer than that it could be something else impacting it.

Is there no way to split items into "stacks" -- now that we have a chest/storage it would be nice if I can take some items out of a stack with me and leave the rest in storage. this is particularly useful for weapon/armor repair kits. Can't find a way to do it.
Patch 1.97 changelog (~75 GB):
- Fancy Roach hat
- Roach gets replaced with a Ferrari
Coming in 2017 to all platforms at once, probably at the end of a week, which is a Sunday.

Jellzy

Neo Member
Time to jump in me thinks... Been holding off after my Brother gave me his copy cause he wasn't enjoying it.

Kuldar

Up on PS4 and Xbox One but not yet on PC? Seems like there wasn't any forced parity for the patch release after all. :D

Hopefully it's up on PC by the time I get home. Been holding off on my playthrough until this patch dropped. Should be able to download this patch in a few minutes if all goes well.

Moff

is this an example where the PC patch has been ready for a long time but they had to wait for the console patches to be checked? and now they are earlier here than the pc patch?

Tsosie

Downloading as soon as I get home. Ready for some new Geralt movement mechanics and a stash box. Also, I should prolly think about returning to the main quest line at some point. Too many POI

massoluk

Banned
1.07 is the one hitting.
1.97 will be the one in which Roach will be replaced by a shiny red Ferrari, scheduled for 2017.

Virdix

Any impressions on the bew movement? I didn't have a problem with it in the first place, but im interested with the direction they go. I would assume if people like it they will incorporate it into future titles.

Top Bottom