• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 - 1.07 Patch now live

Lemondish

This is some dumb bullshit that the patch hit consoles prior to PC.
So out on xbox and ps4 but not pc, what the hell, mane.

your_tears_are_delicious_by_bizrat-d5svk51.png

th4tguy

So out on xbox and ps4 but not pc, what the hell, mane.

Doesn't mean they are prioritizing consoles. They could have hit a bug in PC build that wasn't seen on consoles. No reason to hold one version back over another. When patch is done and ready on PC, it will come out (faster then it would have on consoles if they were ready at the same time).

Lemondish

Doesn't mean they are prioritizing consoles. They could have hit a bug in PC build that wasn't seen on consoles. No reason to hold one version back over another. When patch is done and ready on PC, it will come out (faster then it would have on consoles if they were ready at the same time).

Faster wouldn't exactly matter if it launched buggy, which you suggested was the reason for the delay.

Why would they say it's coming in the next 24 hours on all platforms if they were still fixing bugs.

Griss

Haven't read the whole thread, but I'm feeling like it might be a very good thing that I've been without my PS4 for 7 months and am just going to get it back from my brother this week.

Missing out on launch was painful, but it sounds like I'll be getting a polished experience.

Staf

The new movement is great, will take some time getting used to non-sluggish Geralt though. But... am i the only one not getting any music? Gonna try and restart and/or fast travel.

First thing I noticed on Xbone: loading times are a lot more prevalent. During a conversation I had the screen go fuzzy and load a lot.

Also, all user presets get reset after the patch, so if you have a preferred control sensitivity or HUD setup, you'll need to reset it.

Gonna play around with the alternative movement now, and make a video.

I'm in the UK (bought from PSN if that makes a difference) and i'm downloading 1.07 (7.5GB) yet everyone else is saying it's not out yet.

Anyone else downloading it from UK?

Sai

:| Can't even connect to PSN. Restarting my PS4 to see if that helps, but I'll probably have to wait a while before I'm even able to start downloading the patch.

I hope digital foundry or gamersyde test the ps4 framerate asap. Honestly i don't really believe that CDPR fixed it but i hope that i am wrong!

Fbh

Damn. The first 2 gb downloaded pretty fast.
And then it became super slow. Went from 90 minutes to download the full patch to 3 hours after it had already downloaded 2 gb. I paused and resumed to see if it helped and now it went up to 8 hours.

Thx Sony, I can really tell this is a paid service

alternative movement system is god tier. i love it.

I can't wait to try it after work! I am pretty good at getting accustomed to wonky movement, so I no longer really have an issue with it but...... it's still my most anticipated change next to player stash!

Servbot24

Banned
Combat is the reason I've never played Witcher. If it got upgraded with good gameplay I'd go out and buy it now. Will wait for video.

I noticed some stuttering in the world map menu, but the fast travel loads faster. Novigrad was also improved.

alternative movement system is god tier. i love it.

It's more responsive than the standard movement response, but I'm not that sure that's god tier.

tmespe

Movement seems better. Feels more fluid and responsive. Pretty much like your typical third person game. Performance seems to have improved on ps4, at least in the bog. It's still not solid 30, especially when fighting, but the drops are less noticeable. Inventory is a lot faster to load between tabs. Overall seems like a great patch. Only played around for a few minutes, so take that in mind.

Top Bottom