• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 gameplay from YouTubers from CDPR event

Kvik

totally agree. that was so unnecessarily hard :/ not fun at all.

It's the Operator, i believe.

I like that fight. Very, very hard to do in Dark mode, though. His opening attack will deplete 3/4 of Geralt's health before he can get Quen up.

I think he dropped the material for the best armor in the game.

CDPR hasn't gone into what the day 1 patch does have they? I know it'll make the game run better but I'm curious if they attempted to target say certain things that cause framerate dips on consoles.

Did Jesse Cox specify what difficulty he played on?

I'd like to start on Hard, but these past few pages have suddenly reminded me of some of the less compelling balance choices in the previous games.

Did Jesse Cox specify what difficulty he played on?

I'd like to start on Hard, but these past few pages have suddenly reminded me of some of the less compelling balance choices in the previous games.

No indication but I believe you can change the difficulty at any time so starting on Hard shouldn't be a problem.

It's the Operator, i believe.

Oh, lol. I think I skipped that one on Dark, because it was so tough on my first playthrough (normal, pre-EE).

Making sure the review is up to snuff.

And man, I've been listening to some of the sound tracks and this game's OST is absolutely fantastic.

Steel for Humans and Widow-Maker, just absolutely phenomenal tracks.

Agreed. I particularly like the callbacks it makes to the Witcher 1's soundtrack; so fitting.

I think the intro will be something special.

dreamfall

I like that fight. Very, very hard to do in Dark mode, though. His opening attack will deplete 3/4 of Geralt's health before he can get Quen up.

I think he dropped the material for the best armor in the game.

Good lord, the fight even on Normal for me was tough as nails. Those wicked gargoyle drops, in threes- eeeeeesh.

He sure took his sweet time but this was likely best preview yet, plenty of new shots.
Game looks stunning as always of course.

Absolutely the best video yet and it has just made me want the game SO MUCH more... good god it's a week now... just a week, but I'm certain that week will be the most agonising of my entire life.

At least every day that goes by makes the game one day closer and the closer it gets the hype goes up and my palms sweat just thinking about it.

Ooooh baby I can't wait to show of my OT.

Pachinko

I'll just ask this here since you all seem to be big witcher fans - I'm still rocking a Intel I7 860 2.8 GHZ CPU which it appears is lower than the minimum requirements for Witcher 3 - will the game not even boot up with this CPU or will it run kind of like ass ? I've got a 4GB Radeon 290 graphics card that seems to fit the bill nicely but that CPU is getting up there in years now.

If I didn't upgrade anytime soon would Witcher 3 still be playable ? I'm not in a huge rush to buy it because I haven't finished 1 or 2 yet but I'm just curious.

Denton

Absolutely the best video yet and it has just made me want the game SO MUCH more... good god it's a week now... just a week, but I'm certain that week will be the most agonising of my entire life.

At least every day that goes by makes the game one day closer and the closer it gets the hype goes up and my palms sweat just thinking about it.

Ooooh baby I can't wait to show of my OT.

Please make sure the OT is beautiful and detailed. I have been disappointed few times with OTs for my most anticipated games here :)

I'll just ask this here since you all seem to be big witcher fans - I'm still rocking a Intel I7 860 2.8 GHZ CPU which it appears is lower than the minimum requirements for Witcher 3 - will the game not even boot up with this CPU or will it run kind of like ass ? I've got a 4GB Radeon 290 graphics card that seems to fit the bill nicely but that CPU is getting up there in years now.

If I didn't upgrade anytime soon would Witcher 3 still be playable ? I'm not in a huge rush to buy it because I haven't finished 1 or 2 yet but I'm just curious.

It will boot up and probably run perfectly fine. i7 is i7, even if it's an older one.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Same as Dragon Age Inquisition, all pointing to good.

And it was critically well revived, and sold well...

Really only gets a lot of hate here. And this is coming from someone who was super hyped for it, but stalled out somewhere in the middle and has not completed it yet.

Point here being. There is no point in comparing one situation to another.

Denton

It's a shame, the political story was the best thing about witcher 1&2.
It's the first discouraging thing I heard about the game,though,so i guess I can live with it.
There will be plenty of politics, it's just that the initial story setup is based around Geralt's personal business. But you can bet Skellige and Novigrad will have politicking.

BigTnaples

I think you got him confused with someone else, he doesn't do reviews. He does let's plays.

Oh okay, yes I must have. Thought I saw somewhere that his review was the first review going up, must have misread.

Thanks.

Tovarisc

Nice preview.

Kind of odd he posted this awesome preview less than a day before his full review though...

Jesse is LetsPlayer, he doesn't do reviews of the games. Getting coverage like this is only because events like one CDPR held for youtubers. Next time we see TW3 on his channel is Episode 01 of his LetsPlay.

Just to say; Jesse puts insane amount of work and has high standards for his videos, he is very rare LetsPlayer :D

Edit: beaten, but yeah

stabiliser

Neo Member
So... where are we now? Cox was the last one, and the question is, was this youtuber thing god or bad overall. Cox and Gopher were nice but the lazy viedeos of the rest of them just made me angry more than anything else. Also i was not able to understand many of them. Next time invite more of the games magazines instaed of youtubers, the Gamespot priview was really good and the Gamestar priview too.

It's a shame, the political story was the best thing about witcher 1&2.
It's the first discouraging thing I heard about the game,though,so i guess I can live with it.

There will still be a lot of politics in The Witcher 3. The devs described Novigrad as the centre of intrigue and there is also some shit going on in Skellige involving all the various clans.

Tovarisc

So... where are we now? Cox was the last one, and the question is, was this youtuber thing god or bad overall. Cox and Gopher were nice but the lazy viedeos of the rest of them just made me angry more than anything else. Also i was not able to understand many of them. Next time invite more of the games magazines instaed of youtubers, the Gamespot priview was really good and the Gamestar priview too.

I think for most part YouTuber coverage was what I expected. Different languages are present which is good for local community coverage and it's what CDPR was going for. Shamefully there is some sloppy shit like AngryJoe's video, they come across as high as fucking kites and editing of the video overall is super derpy.

Gopher and Jesse maybe put most effort into their material, this 2nd video from Jesse maybe is best one out there from this CDPR event. imo

I think content like this is more personalized and has very different tone to it than stuff produced by IGN or GameSpot. Those two put that certain... business feel and look to their material, they feel so professional promotion. If you know what I try to say :D

BigTnaples

I think for most part YouTuber coverage was what I expected. Different languages are present which is good for local community coverage and it's what CDPR was going for. Shamefully there is some sloppy shit like AngryJoe's video, they come across as high as fucking kites and editing of the video overall is super derpy.

Gopher and Jesse maybe put most effort into their material, this 2nd video from Jesse maybe is best one out there from this CDPR event. imo

I think content like this is more personalized and has very different tone to it than stuff produced by IGN or GameSpot. Those two put that certain... business feel and look to their material, they feel so professional promotion. If you know what I try to say :D

Indeed. I think it was a great move overall by CDPR.

Gopher and Jesse definitely did the best videos by far. I didn't know who they were before this, but really enjoyed the way they handled their videos.

Gurthang

Banned
Holy shit didn't know reviews were coming today. Not expecting extremely high scores because of the combat but whatever. If its like The Witcher 2 but in an open-world then its good enough for me.

Static Jak

Are all the review copies the PS4 version or have they shipped out some PC copies too?

I'm hoping we get some more details on performance before the game releases so I have a better idea on what the best settings for my rig will be.

BigTnaples

Holy shit didn't know reviews were coming today. Not expecting extremely high scores because of the combat but whatever. If its like The Witcher 2 but in an open-world then its good enough for me.

I dunno, I see it going either way.

If I HAD to bet though, I would say mostly very high scores, with a few outliers who score low for hits.

I don't see the combat being an issue. I see what makes or breaks the scores being the storyline, accessibility to both story/universe and mechanics, and technical polish (Open world quest glitches etc).

And any repetitiveness, but after DA:I I don't see how CDPR could mess this up, they seem to be really happy with creating meaningful sidequests and no more filler than necessary.

Slowdive

Banned
Are all the review copies the PS4 version or have they shipped out some PC copies too?

I'm hoping we get some more details on performance before the game releases so I have a better idea on what the best settings for my rig will be.

I think they're all PS4. I read PC copies get sent out either today or tomorrow.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
One hour until reviews, unless my embargo meter is broken.

If nobody else has dibs on the thread I'm happy to do it.

misho8723

Banned
Did you seen this?
2zYvMkp.png

Top Bottom