• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 gameplay from YouTubers from CDPR event

ironcreed

Banned
New image for the first DLCs
yrvb.jpg

And free, baby. Beautiful.

Free horse armour DLC... that's pretty good. For some reason it reminds me of the dead Assassins Creed assassin in the prologue of Witcher 2.
yep seems like that's some of the upcoming dlc, there will be dlc gwent cards since

an achievements us gained by having all the non dlc cards

Gwent better be good, then.

Kvik

Everytime Gwent got mentioned, I have immediate flashback to Pazaak in KOTOR. (And I love Pazaak)

Gwent look very interesting though, looking forward to playing it.

Spazznid

Everytime Gwent got mentioned, I have immediate flashback to Pazaak in KOTOR. (And I love Pazaak)

Gwent look very interesting though, looking forward to playing it.

For all my efforts, I never fully got into pazaak. I loved the concept, but my mind seems to doom me to inattention.

Mifec

4 minutes in and just have to mention; it shows in video quality [not editing, but quality itself] that Jesse really knows what he is doing when uploading to youtube.

He also confirms what the reddit poster said, no man's and skellige have different lighting compared to White Orchard.

Also the Igni effects in his video
x5RuXdc.png

He did a great job with that video, his comments on how the game looks better than what we are seeing were interesting too. I dont know much about compression or youtube.

Yeah he kind of confirmed what I've been suspecting, youtube compression (hell basically all video compression) really doesn't seem to like dense foliage. It was something I noticed with Far Cry 4 last year, youtube videos of it really don't look great because there are so many foliage elements on screen and compressors kind of freak out, whereas in person the game looks killer.

Deschain

Neo Member
World looks so alive in this game. Best wind simulation ever.

Yeah, I couldn't believe when I saw people kinda ragging on the trees blowing as much as they do, but I was just like, "at least they do actually move in the wind!" Most games hardly even have weather effects let along have trees blowing violently...

Tovarisc

He did a great job with that video, his comments on how the game looks better than what we are seeing were interesting too. I dont know much about compression or youtube.

For some reason I liked it when Jesse took shot at ShadowPlay and its bitrate not being up to his standards of recording footage. But he is right when he says that ShadowPlays recording quality combined with youtube compression will take sledgehammer to image quality. It doesn't look like dogshit, but a lot IQ is lost in "noise".

tuxfool

Banned
For some reason I liked it when Jesse took shot at ShadowPlay and its bitrate not being up to his standards of recording footage. But he is right when he says that ShadowPlays recording quality combined with youtube compression will take sledgehammer to image quality. It doesn't look like dogshit, but a lot IQ is lost in "noise".

It is cool when youtubers actually care about their craft.

Gotta say, the Jesse Cox video was great. Very well produced, well-rounded, and filled with lots of good information in it - particularly his personal anecdotes. I see why he's so popular.

Judging from the video, the difficulty vs. skill balance will be a really fun element for me... though I wonder how many reviewers will dock it for being "too hard."

Gotta say, the Jesse Cox video was great. Very well produced, well-rounded, and filled with lots of good information in it - particularly his personal anecdotes. I see why he's so popular.

Judging from the video, the difficulty vs. skill balance will be a really fun element for me... though I wonder how many reviewers will dock it for being "too hard."

as long as no battle is like that optional battle in Witcher 2 I'm fine.

No seriously fuck that optional boss.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Don't get too excited over config file tweaking. TW2 was similar, and only some variables worked, others hardlock capped by the engine and baked asset values.

zkorejo

At this point I just dont want any gifs, videos, impressions ... anything. I just want the game.

I will just check out some of the reviews and then thats it.

Top Bottom