• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 gameplay from YouTubers from CDPR event

parasemic

Banned
No, actual question. I wasn't sure if the cpu was powerful enough.

Your CPU equals an 4000-series i7 of 3,9GHz while recommended is i7 3,4GHz. The CPU they used in showing off Ultra was i7 3,6GHz. You'll be fine. Also that CPU can be EASILY overclocked to 4,4GHz or so with proper aftermarket cooler.

Yes. You can pretty much max everything but Nvidia Hairworks and get a consistent 1080p 60fps. Nvidia Hairworks being pretty incredible looking but ultimately(in my opinon) not worth the hit to fps. On your card, you would most likely get a 1080p30fps with everything maxed out(Hairworks included) completely and a probable slight hit to AA as well. Your call, but 1080/60fps and dat' playability coupled with CDPR storytelling is gonna be incredible day 1 if you ask me. I'm hoping my 780 is up to the task myself. Either way I'm excited for my Geralt adventures.

They said they were running the current build pretty solid with Hairworks on, didn't they? I understood that 980 and powerful i7 will run 60ish fps @ 1080p even with hairworks, while having occasional dips below.

Yes. You can pretty much max everything but Nvidia Hairworks and get a consistent 1080p 60fps. Nvidia Hairworks being pretty incredible looking but ultimately(in my opinon) not worth the hit to fps. On your card, you would most likely get a 1080p30fps with everything maxed out(Hairworks included) completely and a probable slight hit to AA as well. Your call, but 1080/60fps and dat' playability coupled with CDPR storytelling is gonna be incredible day 1 if you ask me. I'm hoping my 780 is up to the task myself. Either way I'm excited for my Geralt adventures.

Same here. Hoping my 780 could get me 1080/30 with everyone on. I'm itching to up grade but don't see the need.

Why shave my man, why shave?

Dude, my Geralt is gonna look like grizzliest piece of gruccle(don't think that's a word) that has ever graced the gods-be-damned place.

A walking beard if you will.
tumblr_m87jz4otMo1rwlvxto1_500.gif

They said they were running the current build pretty solid with Hairworks on, didn't they? I understood that 980 and powerful i7 will run 60ish fps @ 1080p even with hairworks, while having occasional dips below.
I'm hoping for the best. And it'll only get better as time goes on.

Same here. Hoping my 780 could get me 1080/30 with everyone on. I'm itching to up grade but don't see the need.

Me too my man. It feels like we are on the cliff of some big things coming and it'd be a waste to upgrade now.

The only people on my ignore list right now are the ones who tried to argue that Connor from Assassin's Creed III was a good character but I'm ready to ignore anyone who posts screenshots of their Geralt without a beard.

ksWG1oG.jpg

DOWN

Banned
The only people on my ignore list right now are the ones who tried to argue that Connor from Assassin's Creed III was a good character but I'm ready to ignore anyone who posts screenshots of their Geralt without a beard.

Dude, my Geralt is gonna look like grizzliest piece of gruccle(don't think that's a word) that has ever graced the gods-be-damned place.

A walking beard if you will.
tumblr_m87jz4otMo1rwlvxto1_500.gif

I'm hoping for the best. And it'll only get better as time goes on.

Me too my man. It feels like we are on the cliff of some big things coming and it'd be a waste to upgrade now.

That's more like it, beard, and original Witcher long hair. Look like a fucking death metal front man or a high wizard.

Tigress

Why are people so infatuated with game characters having beards?

You can ignore me, my Geralt is going to at most have stubble.

Kinthalis

Banned
anyone think I can run the game on ultra 1080/60fps?

AMD FX(tm)- 8350 Eight Core Processor
8GB RAM
GeForce GTX 980

No, unfortunately I'm swiping that GTX 980 off your machine as you're reading this. Don't mind that flicker on your screen. My precious!

Yeah, you're good for ultra 60 FPS with all the bells and whistles.

ebevan91

My Inquisitor was hot af though

16898376002_7956609c3d_b.jpg

My dude Inquisitor is a stud as well but my female elf turned out to be "only with a paperbag, maybe if I was drunk, etc." ugly. She looked so good in the character creator but after that, nah. I guess I could change her appearance in the Black Emporium but I'm so close to the end of the game I might as well just keep her as-is.

So with the last page info with CPU specs, I guess my new i7-4690 with my R9 290 and 16gb of ram shall be sufficient?

Sufficient but maybe not for hair works.

Waiting for release dates when you know the game is done and others are playing it around the world on countries that aren't strict on release dates is just about the worst thing in the world (first world problems) but seriously I can't function!!

Serrato

Sufficient but maybe not for hair works.

Waiting for release dates when you know the game is done and others are playing it around the world on countries that aren't strict on release dates is just about the worst thing in the world (first world problems) but seriously I can't function!!

I don't think I'll activate hairworks. That should give me a good High at 60FPS right?

dreamfall

BEARDS 4EVA.

I remember in The Time of Contempt, Geralt asks Dandelion for a razor because his beard is bothering the hell out of him. No shaving allowed!

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
After seeing what beardless Geralt looks like, bearded Geralt is the best option.

After seeing what beardless Geralt looks like, bearded Geralt is the best option.

After seeing that Geralt has no body hair, I feel like the beard seems weirdly out of place anatomically (despite looking way better than clean-shaven). How many bearded men are totally hairless everywhere else in real life?

Tovarisc

After seeing that Geralt has no body hair, I feel like the beard seems weirdly out of place anatomically (despite looking way better than clean-shaven). How many bearded men are totally hairless everywhere else in real life?

It only takes that one with very minimal body hair.

Geralt is very... babyface without beard.

Landford

Banned
Guys, Im Stuck with a FX 6300 for the time being, What settings can i expect to play while upgrading from a HD7850 to a R9280x?

DOWN

Banned
That flawed shave chest mentality for media in the early 2000s. Poland lagging behind. A bit of chest hair is best now.

Tovarisc

This content is currently unavailable
The page you requested cannot be displayed right now. It may be temporarily unavailable, the link you clicked on may have expired, or you may not have permission to view this page.
Return home

You need login to see it.

Gbraga

i5 3570K and GTX680 here, I'm expecting medium settings at a rock solid 30fps.

If I can get anything more than that, that's great, if not, whatever.

Anything less than that, I'm upgrading.

Vicarious

Finally someone who is pretty good playing the game, got tired during the twitch stream the player hit every mob once before moving on.

Top Bottom