• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 gameplay from YouTubers from CDPR event

Kvik

welp, that Dropbox account which hosted the manual is disabled now :-\

anyone got a mirror elsewhere?

Also, let's talk about the game proper (not downgrades) :p

Kvik

You're a legend! Thanks.

Looking at the manual, there's plenty of HUD elements:

17442029836_81ea4ecda9_o.png

Looks like we'll be managing companion's health as well. Cool.

Älg

i5 3570K and GTX680 here, I'm expecting medium settings at a rock solid 30fps.

If I can get anything more than that, that's great, if not, whatever.

Anything less than that, I'm upgrading.

It's been repeated several times here that you shouldn't expect to hit any setting without knowing what that setting means. What do you care if you can't hit 'medium' if that medium looks excellent?

Besides, based on what we know, you could probably aim higher than that. If everything is as it seems a 980 can run the game at its highest settings at 60 FPS, and a 980 is roughly 50-60% faster than a 680, not accounting for memory constraints.

Gbraga

Älg;163351750 said:
It's been repeated several times here that you shouldn't expect to hit any setting without knowing what that setting means. What do you care if you can't hit 'medium' if that medium looks excellent?

Besides, based on what we know, you could probably aim higher than that. If everything is as it seems a 980 can run the game at its highest settings at 60 FPS, and a 980 is roughly 50-60% faster than a 680, not accounting for memory constraints.

Oh, sure, I completely agree with you, I'm using the 980 running at 60fps thing to base my expectations around.

And I don't mean "less than medium is shit so I'm upgrading", just that I'd rather upgrade than play Witcher 3 of all games on the lowest settings :p

I'm sure I'm getting a game that looks and runs as well as it should for my hardware.

boskee

What's with the umbra3d logo listed next to CDPR and GOG on the last page, instead of being listed with all other middleware?

Also, first reviews going up at 7am PDT tomorrow.

Shiiiet witcher 3 preload is out on gog? I kinda wanna try out galaxy but since i'm just going to put this game in the non-steam game library on steam it would feel kinda weird to have two overlays at once. But having to download 7 separate parts? eeeehhh

I suppose i could just turn off galaxy overlay.

Shiiiet witcher 3 preload is out on gog? I kinda wanna try out galaxy but since i'm just going to put this game in the non-steam game library on steam it would feel kinda weird to have two overlays at once. But having to download 7 separate parts? eeeehhh

I suppose i could just turn off galaxy overlay.
Galaxy doesn't currently have an overlay. It's a future feature that hasn't been implemented yet. Plus it's supposed to be optional so I assume you can run the game without Galaxy completely for Steam library purposes.

cresto

Well Jesse Cox should be releasing some new video of TW3 from the trip he was in Poland, but it takes him an awful long time

I have zero clue what takes this guy so long. Never heard of him before, but likely will never watch any of his videos considering how long it takes him to render and upload a simple video preview.

You can preload Witcher 3 from the GOG website as well. Go to Witcher 3 in the library and download all 8 parts; it's split into several 4 GB blocks.

Edit: I should point out I'm getting maxed speeds from the direct download route.

artsi

Galaxy is a brand new service so I guess this is an excellent load test for them, I'm sure the DL speeds will get better later.

Been rumaging through Witcher 3's config files. Found a lot of parameters that we'll be able to tweak that should give a significant visual improvement. A few examples:

Code:
<Option id="3" displayName="uber">
		                                <Entry varId="GrassDensity" 	value="2400.0"/>
Code:
<Entry varId="AllowBloom" 		 value="true"/>
				<Entry varId="AllowShafts" 	 	 value="true"/>
				<Entry varId="AllowAntialias" 	 value="true"/>
				<Entry varId="AllowBlur" 		 value="true"/>
				<Entry varId="AllowDOF" 		 value="true"/>
				<Entry varId="AllowCutsceneDOF"  value="true"/>
				<Entry varId="AllowVignette" 	 value="true"/>
				<Entry varId="AllowSharpen" 	 value="true"/>
				<Entry varId="Virtual_SSAOSolution" value="1"/>
				<Entry varId="AllowMotionBlur"   value="true"/>
				<Entry varId="AllowFog" 		 value="true"/>
				<Entry varId="AllowChromaticAberration"  value="true"/>
Code:
						<Entry overrideGroup="Foliage" varId="MaxVisibilityDepth" value="24"/>
					</Option>
These are a fraction of the available options.

WaxPineapple

Neo Member
Been rumaging through Witcher 3's config files. Found a lot of parameters that we'll be able to tweak that should give a significant visual improvement. A few examples:

Code:
Code:
Code:
					</Option>

Very promising for near future graphical mods.

Tovarisc

I have zero clue what takes this guy so long. Never heard of him before, but likely will never watch any of his videos considering how long it takes him to render and upload a simple video preview.

His HDD was dying on him which caused a lot issues with video rendering so more work intensive videos got delayed. He usually is very on the ball with his releases and is fast about them, he does a lot quality Lets Play stuff and puts a lot effort into editing his videos.

viveks86

Code:
Code:
Code:
					</Option>

Yeah I've been posting a bunch of it in the preload thread as well. Looks very promising. LOD, map streaming, shadows and foliage density are all worth experimenting with

Mifec

His HDD was dying on him which caused a lot issues with video rendering so more work intensive videos got delayed. He usually is very on the ball with his releases and is fast about them, he does a lot quality Lets Play stuff and puts a lot effort into editing his videos.

and he had to get approval from cdpr to post the content he filmed it seems, judging by his last tweet.

Tovarisc

and he had to get approval from cdpr to post the content he filmed it seems, judging by his last tweet.

Understandable considering how much they got to play and record. CDPR will want to keep major story stuff underwraps.

Jesse Cox @JesseCox · 10 minutes ago
Wild Hunt video is processing.. when it's done it'll be live. It's seriously one of the most professional videos I've ever made. #impressed
Video is already visible in his channel, listed as Private. Waiting for it to hit that 1080p60, move faster youtube!

Edit:
I asked this in another thread but will ask here as well just in case. Does the ps4 or Xbox one digital versions / preorders of the game come with the digital soundtrack or any other extras?

As far I know only digital platforms to give OST are GOG and Steam. All physical copies come with it.

PSN pre-order gives you theme for PS4 "desktop".

I asked this in another thread but will ask here as well just in case. Does the ps4 or Xbox one digital versions / preorders of the game come with the digital soundtrack or any other extras?

antonz

Don't think so just the 16 free DLC.

Question to preorder folks. What Delivery date are you seeing from Amazon for the game. Mostly looking for people who ordered back in june last year like I did

Yeah I've been posting a bunch of it in the preload thread as well. Looks very promising. LOD, map streaming, shadows and foliage density are all worth experimenting with

I hope they haven't capped the parameters at the "Uber" values. Would love to set a 20mile radius for view distance XD

Top Bottom