• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 Gets New Game+ Mode as Final Free DLC

RDreamer

A lot of people have been asking for it, and now according to a Facebook post, it's coming!

KxkAd8K.png

Already finished The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt multiple times? We’ve got something coming up…
New Game+, the final DLC, is on the way and, of course, it’s completely FREE!
Stay tuned for more info regarding the release. It won’t happen this week though - we need a little bit more time to finish it.

I'm pretty interested to see how they do it. I hope they make all the content level 35+ or something for New Game +, otherwise it would be a little weird.

artsi

Very nice. Though I just started a new game 10 play hours ago, thinking NG+ is not coming.
I guess I'll wait for a bit more and start again.

Nice! Once you have the best gear there's nothing to do. I'm curious about how they'll handle the leveling curve because it's pretty lopsided in the main game. A difficulty bump to monster hunts would be nice too.

i still haven't beat it once :( ... only level 11 right now.
Felt like i put a lot of time in it too. Trying to visit all the undiscovered locations and get better armor. However i think the best thing i can do is craft some.

guess i gotta be lvl 24 in order to beat the gangs of new york so the smith can get a steady supply of materials. lol

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
TIME TO ADD ANOTHER 100+ HOURS

Just in time for me, finally rescued Ciri so I doubt there's that much left in the game. Though I don't know if I want to immediately start playing it again.

GavinUK86

I just started another playthrough... hmm... I guess I'll hold off on it and see what they're doing with the new game+

Qassim

This is what I've been waiting for, knew all the references to it as DLC in the games files were too strong of evidence for it not to be something. I'm so happy! :D

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
New Game + is welcome, but it's pretty damn underwhelming to see this being the final bit of free DLC. I feel like this is something that should have been added via a patch and not as part of the free DLC promotion. But hey, I'm just happy we're at least getting it. :D

KorrZ

I almost started a second playthrough yesterday...glad I didn't.

NEW GAME PLUS Y'ALL!

YES YES YES

wonder how it will work though

I imagine they'll scale everything up so that the game just starts at level 35. It would be cool if they updated Witcher gear and such too so that you have to go re-find it to get the higher level versions.

Traffcore

Time for a new game plus for the last collection of Gwent cards from the Claywich trader since it is so hard to fix! Hopefully you carry your cards from previously game with you.

Incredible and ... well, ok, everyone knew it was coming. They really saved the best one for last.

I'm also curious how they'll implement it.

This free DLC program has been a fun ride, both in the anticipation and the actual content released. Hopefully it's set a higher standard for DLC in all games; at the very least it will endure as something people can point to and say, "it should be like this."

CD Project RED continues to impress.

I wonder how it will work, I assume you get to keep all your gear, but what about formulas for oil/decoctions/potions/bombs, start over? And I assume you'll have Enhanced Mastercrafted/Superior Mastercrafted/Legendary Mastercrafted versions of Witcher gear, but what potions, do they get more powerful?

And abilities, can you get more than 12 slots, because with 12 slots you're kind of limited in how powerful your character can get even with more ability points.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Finished and traded the game in last week but I'll definitely be buying the game again next year once both expansions get released. Between that and all the additions that continue to get added, it will be like playing the game for the first time again. :)

Sou Da

Incredible and ... well, ok, everyone knew it was coming. They really saved the best one for last.

I'm also curious how they'll implement it.

This free DLC program has been a fun ride, both in the anticipation and the actual content released. Hopefully it's set a higher standard for DLC in all games; at the very least it will endure as something people can point to and say, "it should be like this."

CD Project RED continues to impress.

If anything this particular DLC just makes it look like stuff cut from the game released as free dlc to gain easy goodwill.

Beefy

How will this work with the paid dlc coming up? They will have to make different versions for that as well.

this company truly deserves the full $60 for this game.

People praising New Game Plus free DLC

What has this industry become

all this content could have been priced. in fact, it would have been if it was any other publisher/developer

it wasn't only this. it's the mindset of CDPR. 16 free DLCs, the pack-ins inside the physical edition, the refusal to sell out and offer exclusive content to one platform. it's everything we want out of the other publishers and studios.

I hope you can't adjust difficulty on new game+ would be rather lame to get all of the abilities on an easier difficulty then go through and beat the game on death march, making it easier .

Chris1

Just in time for me, finally rescued Ciri so I doubt there's that much left in the game.
LOL, these posts make me laugh every time. I think every one that gets to this point thinks the same.

You're only about half way to about 2/3rd of the way through.

Top Bottom