• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher 3 rumors: 900p PS4/720p Xbone, 30fps, equals minimal settings of PC

Radec

ITT: People find out 8GB of GDRR5 RAM isn't their lord and savior.

The Sony love on this forum is literal madness, accusing one of the best technical devs in the business of not optimizing their game because your PS4 is too weak to run it at max settings? Shameful.

Wat.

TheD

The Detective
if the game supposedly can't even run decent with a 780 then iono. your going to need a,good $1000 worth ofhardware to run,it at max

Holy shit guys,
Game with deferred renderer running at max settings on a 780Ti with 8x MSAA at 40 odd FPS != not running "decent"!

antitrop

Did I say the last of us looks next gen? No, so why make such a pointless statement? Well only you can answer that question.
I don't understand why you would say The Witcher 2 on PC looks like a last-gen game when there is a screenshot of the 360 version right next to the PC version, and they look completely different.

What the fuck am i reading?

iQX9f1kkjoFCc.gif

Please post me 5, no, 2 open world games looking better than this.

Agreed, for an Open World game, this is Best-in-Class graphics. I'm already saving for my PC Upgrade for this game.

charsace

You guys screaming unoptimized need to shut up. They got the Witcher 2 to run on the 360. The Witcher 3 looks even better than the Witcher 2 and is an open world game. People who didn't realize it would be demanding are fools.

lol this thread is pretty hilarious, Looks like I'll be right in my assumption that Witcher would be a great barometer for the new consoles. Can't wait to see what it looks like

Papacheeks

Banned
Agreed, for an Open World game, this is Best-in-Class graphics. I'm already saving for my PC Upgrade for this game.

Hope I didn't buy too soon on my pc upgrades?

Upgrading next year CPU,Motherboard, and ram.

Current set up: MSI GTX 770 OC edition, 8gb 1333 7,7,7-21 timings, i5 2500k OC'ed to 4.2ghz.

Hoping I can run the game at medium to high @ 1080p.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
You guys screaming unoptimized need to shut up. They got the Witcher 2 to run on the 360. The Witcher 3 looks even better than the Witcher 2 and is an open world game. People who didn't realize it would be demanding are fools.

They think their $400 machine should be able to run everything max. They act as if PC devs didnt go above the consoles last gen, just like they are doing this gen.

TheCloser

Banned
I don't understand why you would say The Witcher 2 on PC looks like a last-gen game when there is a screenshot of the 360 version of the game right next to the PC version, and they look completely different.
It looks last gen, just because it is running at a higher resolution and has better aa doesn't make it next gen. If TW2 was next gen, what is TW3? Sorry but I think it looks last gen so yea.

requireing a 7850~ for 900p/30fps = Unoptimized.

Where have you seen the game requires a 7850~ for 900p/300fps ? Maybe the game is also CPU demanding too.
Also the game is supposed to looks really great. You're calling it unoptimized because it might require, according to you, a 100€ gpu ?

What is going on in this thread?

All i get from this rumor if true is one year before it's out, it already runs decent maxed on a 780 ti and is running smooth 30 fps on consoles with minimum effects.

Seems like they are in a good spot for a good optimized PC version and a competent console version in a year no?

Am curious how witcher 2 maxed with über sampling would run on a ps4.

maneil99

Where have you seen the game requires a 7850~ for 900p/300fps ? Maybe the game is also CPU demanding too.
Also the game is supposed to looks really great. You're calling it unoptimized because it might require, according to you, a 100€ gpu ?

Yup, of course I would need to see the minimum requirement screenshots but if it looks like the witcher 2 but bigger like the op's article claims yea.

Some Nobody

ITT: People find out 8GB of GDRR5 RAM isn't their lord and savior.

The Sony love on this forum is literal madness, accusing one of the best technical devs in the business of not optimizing their game because your PS4 is too weak to run it at max settings? Shameful.

Yeah, nobody's doing that. People are accusing this game of being unoptimized because it supposedly can't hit 60fps on expensive-ass GPUs. What's really happening here is that what's expected of baseline specs (consoles, essentially) just took a massive fucking jump in the PS4 and XB1, so PC's doing the same. It costs to be the boss.

antitrop

It looks last gen, just because it is running at a higher resolution and has better aa doesn't make it next gen. If TW2 was next gen, what is TW3? Sorry but I think it looks last gen so yea.

Yes, the only difference between these screenshots is resolution and AA, lol.

360_shadowserua0.png

pc_shadows9durj.png

I tried to find that "Cyberland PC" user/site (quoted as the original source) on Facebook and I can't. Anyway, the language barrier between Polish and Russian is quite big because of the alphabet Russians use. I know it sounds cool to report a Russian website but it doesn't add to credibility of the news.

Ah, I was unsure of which country CDProjekt was located in, makes it less credible then.

if the game supposedly can't even run decent with a 780 then iono. your going to need a,good $1000 worth ofhardware to run,it at max

But it says it runs more than decent with a 780ti. And a good $1000 of hardware isn't too outrageous to max out a game that comes out in a year. You don't need to max out a game.

What the fuck am i reading?

http://i.minus.com/iQX9f1kkjoFCc.gif[IMG]

Please post me 5, no, 2 open world games looking better than this.[/QUOTE]

That is a tad unfair since there are little big budget open world games. But they do look worse.

maneil99

Yes, the only difference between these screenshots is resolution and AA, lol.

360_shadowserua0.png

pc_shadows9durj.png

I actually prefer the lack of bloom in that X360 shot. When I disable it on my PC it makes it flat. That looks like a good hybrid. Until I looked at the Tree I thought it was PC

GHG

Gold Member
mmm good job looking at the other pictures bud.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102287708&postcount=2907

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106469783&postcount=3735

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103317065&postcount=3124

See I can play this game where you cherry pick the best screenshots from a game and use them as an example.

Every game out there has best examples and worst examples. However, there is usually a consistent theme. The consistent theme in the Witcher 2 is that it happens to be a very good looking game overall. As I said its a game (while maxed out at 1080p) that consistently looks better than the majority of next gen games.

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
So I really am gonna have to stepup the 3GB 780ti I just bought to the 6GB version aren't I? Guess I'll get on that.

maneil99

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=102287708&postcount=2907

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=106469783&postcount=3735

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=103317065&postcount=3124

See I can play this game where you cherry pick the best screenshots from a game and use them as an example.

Every game out there has best examples and worst examples. However, there is usually a consistent theme. The consistent theme in the Witcher 2 is that it happens to be a very good looking game overall. As I said its a game (while maxed out at 1080p) that consistently looks better than the majority of next gen games.

That doesn't look better then any next gen game, every object in that forest is static lol, the foliage is awful, flat low res textures everywhere, and awful lighting.... That doesn't look like a next gen game at all and you picked the best pics you could....

UrbanRats

That is a tad unfair since there are little big budget open world games. But they do look worse.
I didn't start by saying no one can compare to CDPR.
I responded to a post calling The Witcher 3 not impressive and a little bit better than Witcher 2.

Now if you make one of those statements, it means you must have seen something significantly more impressive already, otherwise it doesn't make sense, what are you comparing it to, Avatar?

i remember that the witcher 2 ran terribly on my PC(core i7, HD 6950 which was considered high end in 2011) when it launched, the game engine was obviously very dated with a lot of loading screen between areas. the witcher 3 won't be any different, it's still based on that dated engine.

TheCloser

Banned
That doesn't look better then any next gen game, every object in that forest is static lol, the foliage is awful, flat low res textures everywhere, and awful lighting.... That doesn't look like a next gen game at all and you picked the best pics you could....

So, is Gametech a reputable website, unknown or even known for unfounded claims?

They are referenced a couple of times on gaf but I can't find any specific claims they've made that have proven to be true. Seems to be first interesting leak/rumor I can find for them

maneil99

So I really am gonna have to stepup the 3GB 780ti I just bought to the 6GB version aren't I? Guess I'll get on that.

You can't use step up unless you are upgrading to a new GPU.

Graphics Cards

EVGA will only release reference versions of its products, NVIDIA reference spec and clock, to the Step-Up program.
Step-Up is limited to pre-approved graphics cards only and can only be used for exchange to a different and higher performing GPU.
Products known to have a limited availability will not be made available to the Step-Up program. (Limited availability determined by EVGA.)
Customers who received their EVGA graphics card as part of a complete computer system are not eligible - except for those listed on our approved system vendor list.

Graphics Cards Examples:

GTX 460 → GTX 580: YES (Upgraded GPU)
GTX 460 768MB → GTX 460 1GB: NO (Same GPU)
GTX 570 → GTX 480: NO (Must be GPU upgrade)

#Iknowthatfeelbro:(

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Most AAA devs won't, they'll target midrange systems and ps4/xb1 because that's the largest growing segment of the market. Some people believe the rest of the world is like pc gaf buying $600 gpu's. Get real, even in pc gaf, most of the upgrades are moderate. You're looking at cards like 760 and 750ti's.

Well, there's discrepancies on what we mean by "targeting". Even games that were released a year or more ago require beefy modern GPUs (770/7970+) to "max-out" at 60fps @1080p. Is it that hard to believe that a game releasing in a year that aims to be a technical showpiece will require more than that? Will the games scale down to more modest settings? Sure, they have to run on the XBOne after all.

Zoned

Actively hates charity
i remember that the witcher 2 ran terribly on my PC(core i7, HD 6950 which was considered high end in 2011) when it launched, the game engine was obviously very dated with a lot of loading screen between areas. the witcher 3 won't be any different, it's still based on that dated engine.

FYI Witcher 3 won't have any loading screens, and is based on the new Red Engine 3 game engine designed specifically for open world games.

charsace

CPU-wise the consoles are rather lacking, but it's just flat-out wrong to say current PC GPUs are a full generational leap ahead of what's in the PS4. Better, certainly, but not THAT much better.

lol. There are 2 years old laptop GPU's that are faster than the PS4 GPU. Consoles are behind in raw horse power and PC GPU's match the features that the console GPU's have. In the era of 3D consoles this gen has the weakest GPU's at launch that we have seen so far. By the time these systems launched there was a 5 Tflops GPU. The 780 TI is a 5 Tflop card that won't be the top card when this game launches. You have to be crazy to think the PS4 with a GPU less than 2Tflops can compete with the top end of PC GPU's that will be running this game when it launches.

maneil99

lol. There are 2 years old laptop GPU's that are faster than the PS4 GPU. Consoles are behind in raw horse power and PC GPU's match the features that the console GPU's have. In the era of 3D consoles this gen has the weakest GPU's at launch that we have seen so far. By the time these systems launched there was a 5 Tflops GPU's. The 780 TI is a 5 Tflop card that won't be the top card when this game launches. You have to be crazy to think the PS4 with a GPU less than 2Tflops can compete with the top end of PC GPU's that will be running this game when it launches.

Nobody is saying the PS4 should run maxed, what people are saying is that for a 7850 to run the game at 900p/30fps on minimum settings that look like the witcher 2 is bad.

Top Bottom