• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witcher III: Blood and Wine - May 10 Preview Info

Alexm92

Wow. Now thats some DLC worth getting. I wish other companies would follow suit. I think HoS was the second DLC I ever bought and this is way bigger than that. Cant wait!

Any word on what the suggested level will be to start from the main game? I imagine it would be 10+ levels above the HoS level (30?).

I really hate how they called this DLC. This is a mother fucking Expansion. This isn't a little piece of shit DLC.

Seriously. They're way underselling themselves with this by the sound of it. I mean, this expansion is $18 on its own and looks to be 20-30 hours of gameplay in a whole new region. Then you've got BioWare/EA pushing something like Dragon Age's Trespasser DLC for $15. Not that Trespasser was bad by any means ( it was actually quite good) but the difference in value propositions is crazy.

Jeffrey

Wish they'd open up the amount of abilities you can equip, especially now the level cap is freaking 100.

Don't think i've changed my skill setup since late 20's. Just dump all into quick sword stuff and mind control and shield.

Mifec

Wish they'd open up the amount of abilities you can equip, especially now the level cap is freaking 100.

Don't think i've changed my skill setup since late 20's. Just dump all into quick sword stuff and mind control and shield.

Are you on console?

Deadstar

Wow......so one of the best games of all time gets even better. Incredible......I love everything especially turning off fish eye for witcher vision.

Ydelnae

How are they able to do this? UI improvement, 30 hours worth of story content, physical release with deck game, vineyard, 20€. This would be The Witcher 4 if we were talking about other companies. CDPR are a blessing.

Moltenix

That incredible feeling when I realize I already have this paid off from getting the season pass. What unbelievable value!

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
That incredible feeling when I realize I already have this paid off from getting the season pass. What unbelievable value!

Makes me want to give them more money even though I have the pass purchased already.

CHC

I bought this game on day 1 and put about 5 hours into it, but made myself stop playing until the much-needed patches came along. Then I moved on and decided to just wait until all the expansions were out to start over and get the full experience.

It's going to be a good summer.

DapperSloth

Do you get anything exlusive when you buy the season pass, for example a exclusive theme, wallpapers or anything like that? Cause then I can just as well download the expansion and save money.

Also I see alot of previews on youtube. Which one is spoilerfree the most? Eurogamer? Polygon?

Felt like daylight robbery when I purchased the game for sale off PSN after I had played the game and understood how incredible it was.

Was only to happy to stump up the cash for the season pass.

This has to be a mistake. I can't remember Hearts of Stone having much more then 20 quests.

Yeah HoS was way lower than the 90 new quests we are getting with blood and wine.

CHC

Do you get anything exlusive when you buy the season pass, for example a exclusive theme, wallpapers or anything like that? Cause then I can just as well download the expansion and save money.

You just save 5 bucks. Hearts of Stone is $10, Blood and Wine is $20, Season Pass is $25.

Vex_

Banned
THIS is how you do dlc people. I NEVER buy dlc (and I don't even like this game like that), but I would buy the fuck out of this.

This is old school style "dlc". Jesus Christ I need to restart this game because I forgot where I was at. Been awhile. I might finish it now that I'm done with souls.

SugarDave

This is game of the generation for me. Nothing comes close in the sheer amount of presentation, work and overall time you can put into it.

The best thing is. Not one hour of it is boring. This expansion puts some fully fledged 60 bucks games to shame.

Yeah, it's unreal. The main game kept me engaged for its entirety, 100+ hours spent in that world and within 10 minutes of completing the main story, I already missed it. I was genuinely amazed at the amount of content they were adding while reading through the OP. Looks like they're really going all out for Geralt's last adventure.

You know you're excited when three weeks seems too far away. Even though I already own the expansion pass, I've pre-ordered the physical edition with the Gwent decks. For UK folk, you can order it on PC and PS4 from GAME now.

Ushay

Thats DLC? Holy shit they literally rebuilt the original and then slapped on another game on top.
Fuck me.

Are you seeing this Bioware? This is how you do an RPG.

Much praise CDP. You guys are truly amazing at your craft.

Deadstar

THIS is how you do dlc people. I NEVER buy dlc (and I don't even like this game like that), but I would buy the fuck out of this.

This is old school style "dlc". Jesus Christ I need to restart this game because I forgot where I was at. Been awhile. I might finish it now that I'm done with souls.

Yes but this isn't DLC. It's an old school expansion pack. The kind that used to evolve a game. Now we get a few maps or guns if we're lucky. I miss the old days where expansion packs were common practice instead of milking people dry.

I really wish CDPR had the Mass Effect license. I'd love to see what they could do with it.

TheRed

I already had the fisheye and sword sheathing changes through modding .ini files but it's great that more people can have it now easily.

Deadstar

I already had the fisheye and sword sheathing changes through modding .ini files but it's great that more people can have it now easily.

What's the benefit of turning off auto-sheathing? I remember in past games it wasn't automatic, but I don't see a reason to turn it off.

Gojeran

Finished hearts of stone just before dark souls 3 came out. Super excited to play this, sounds amazing! Glad we don't have to wait much longer.

Thanks. I hope this gets altered for NG+. I have been saving HoS for a NG+ Deathmarch+platinum replay and I hope a playthrough of W3->HoS->B&W would be a challenge.

Obviously it refers to normal games, the game modifies the levels for everything in NG+.
For NG+ it would be level 70?

CHC

What's the benefit of turning off auto-sheathing? I remember in past games it wasn't automatic, but I don't see a reason to turn it off.

Roleplaying benefit - choosing what sword to use for which enemy (even though its very obvious). And also so that Geralt doesn't pull his sword out every two minutes when riding down the road and passing enemies you don't feel like dealing with,

CHC

What are the new armor I hear people getting hyped for?

They added another tier of upgrades for the Witcher gear and the bear armor now has fur on the shoulders like in the concept art.

Also, dyes for armors so you can be all colorful / black.

Mifec

What are the new armor I hear people getting hyped for?
this one
ctw0Xwg.jpg

Top Bottom