• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Without naming the game, write its plot in one sentence.

A genius scientist is awakened from stasis, to travel across large distance to battle trans-human invaders and to close an multidimensional rift he was responsible for opening in the first place.

Kill a bunch of dudes with your weapon you won in an internet auction to have a chance at banging a cocktease
you have 7 days
Seek the door bearing the #9
Kill Strelok
Attempt to get into orbit without blowing up
In 20xx, Save the internet from the Gospel's delicious fish that will destroy everything
Dont pick the fire one in the beginning or the first boss will fuck you repeatedly with no lube
Intervention stopping power sleight of hand steady aim rust miniscule health radar always on
Save the world from angels
Save the world from a giant worm in the sky or some shit
Save the world while not being as huge a whiny dick as you were in the beginning
Save the world while meeting the characters who saved the world from angels and discovering courage is the building blocks that transforms dreams into actuality or some shit
Follow.
Follow the British guy with the mustache
Be a new guy following the guy you were playing as before when you were following the British guy with the mustache
Your shit is fucked so you gots to shoot/slice homeless dudes in rundown slums and buildings while picking up dead birds
Your shit is fucked so you gots to shoot/slice homeless dudes in rundown slums and buildings while turning off radios 2: Now the city is all fucked and you went emo
Doubt people by screaming threats at them

A genius scientist is awakened from stasis, to travel across large distance to battle trans-human invaders and to close an multidimensional rift he was responsible for opening in the first place.
It's clearly the Half-Life series, but I'm not sure if it's Half-Life 2 or if it's Episode 1.

Although to my understanding (HL spoilers - better safe than sorry),
Freeman did close the portal at the end of the first game. The Combine opened up their own portal, after the fact, when the initial portal opening - or the Nihilanth dying, I forget which - tipped them off to Earth's existence

Kill a bunch of dudes with your weapon you won in an internet auction to have a chance at banging a cocktease
No More Heroes?
In 20xx, Save the internet from the Gospel's delicious fish that will destroy everything
BATTLE NETWORK
Dont pick the fire one in the beginning or the first boss will fuck you repeatedly with no lube
PKMN Red/Blue
Intervention stopping power sleight of hand steady aim rust miniscule health radar always on
MW2

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
I woke up in a tomb and was part of an exhibit.

We were a calm nation before these blockheads dropped these blocks containing weaponry on top of us, now we fight each other and for some reason swear a lot and are stereotypes.

Pretty sure all of these are "Tales of" games.

Save the world from angels

Symphonia.

Save the world from a giant worm in the sky or some shit

Vesperia, already done.

Save the world while not being as huge a whiny dick as you were in the beginning

Abyss.

Save the world while meeting the characters who saved the world from angels and discovering courage is the building blocks that transforms dreams into actuality or some shit

Dawn of the New World.

It's clearly the Half-Life series, but I'm not sure if it's Half-Life 2 or if it's Episode 1.

Although to my understanding (HL spoilers - better safe than sorry),
Freeman did close the portal at the end of the first game. The Combine opened up their own portal, after the fact, when the initial portal opening - or the Nihilanth dying, I forget which - tipped them off to Earth's existence

That is my fault, It is half life 2 "and" the episodes in one feel swoop.
He technically didn't create the portal but I still see him as responsible since the combine simply used the explosion he caused as a catalyst.

also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life_2

During Half-Life, the scientists at the game's Black Mesa Research Facility cause an interdimensional instability, known in the series as a resonance cascade, which Gordon tries to resolve. However, by killing the overlord of the attacking "border-world", Xen, Gordon unwittingly widens the dimensional rift, which leads to disasters on Earth.

Some time after the ending of Half-Life, this instability attracts the attention of the Combine, and they invade.

"A lion with snakes for arms threatens the world and you must defeat it and its horde of monsters with a strange disc-like weapon."

Also... guys, can any of you help me out and do one for the Final Fantasy games? Those plots can be pretty convoluted...

"A group of sexy heroes attempt to stop a villain's plan to use crystals in opening an interdimensional elevator that will allow an ancient, advanced entity to destroy the world."

FFIV

Way before Tony Hawk.

Eh, the game is stupidly obscure, so I'll just spill the beans
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDnTfd7zgmg

Haha, oh damn what is that game?

Do a barrel roll, now on DS.

You're trying to trick me aren't you, this is the Original Donkey Kong right?

Descend into the forest and get soulrended by butterflies and mushrooms.

Ascend up stylistic foreboding monolith, get raped by mobs.

Learn the value of not trying hard while punishing excellence and ambition in the guise of colorful motor competitions.

You must make sandwiches while avoiding spoiled ingredients.

Uncover pixel art using logic and find joy.

Ascend girders to rescue your runaway girlfriend like before but the bad guy has new tricks.

Oversee settlements in new colonies and grow hemp.

Joni

A girl hires me to save her country and I end up saving the world with my brothers and sisters that I had forgotten.

PaNaMa

Banned
I exist!! I am alive, and sprinting... Suddenly I am shot in the back. Dead, and apparently gay, I will not be missed... I exist again(!!). I am alive and sprinting...

Wichu

Self-absorbed kid teams up against his will with insecure girl, biblically-named gay dude who may or may not have shot him earlier, and 'hip' skater guy to complete sadistic missions over a timespan of three weeks.
Also, they're all dead.

Scirrocco

-A shitty one night stand ends with your partner beheaded, you as a vampire, and a whole world out to make you its bitch.

- Shaquille O'neal must rescue a boy from an evil mummy.

I'm not sure but I think it's Final Fantasy 8.

Oh man, that game has one of the most stupid, convoluted plots ever.

-A shitty one night stand ends with your partner beheaded, you as a vampire, and a whole world out to make you its bitch.

- Shaquille O'neal must rescue a boy from an evil mummy.

VtM:B

ShaqFu

So we can start guessing the game titles now? I was confused about what the rules were.

It has evolved beyond control.

After being trapped in a world inside a music box, it is up to you to assist the former god of the realm to regain his power so that you might escape.

Learn the value of not trying hard while punishing excellence and ambition in the guise of colorful motor competitions.
Mario Kart

You must make sandwiches while avoiding spoiled ingredients.
Burger Time

Uncover pixel art using logic and find joy.
Picross

Ascend girders to rescue your runaway girlfriend like before but the bad guy has new tricks.
Donkey Kong?

I wanna be a pirate.
Secret of Monkey Island

Shaffield

Self-absorbed kid teams up against his will with insecure girl, biblically-named gay dude who may or may not have shot him earlier, and 'hip' skater guy to complete sadistic missions over a timespan of three weeks.
Also, they're all dead.

TWEWY

Levyne

Banned
I bet this is already in the thread somewhere but

You are a dream reincarnation of a dead underwater soccer player who is friends with a ghost and must defeat your dad, who is now a magic flying whale, all while freeing the world from its Amish-esqe beliefs.

The Hermit

Kill zombies and punch boulders with a friend.

Follow.
Follow the British guy with the mustache
Be a new guy following the guy you were playing as before when you were following the British guy with the mustache

lbf.gif

Top Bottom