• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 05•19-21•17 - Express elevator hauls Alien to top, passing everything

Tyler Perry announced "Boo 2! A Madea Halloween" for this October.
The first one was way better than it had any right to be. Still wasn't shit, but it was funny

P'much. Recall seeing that with my parents last year. The production values were hilariously low, even by Perry standards, Perry has recently shifted to fulltime TV show work and it shows. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it, a lot of the jokes actually made me laugh. (Variety source for sequel confirmation for those curious.)

Bring on the sequel, I guess.
Just hope that they actually go full spookhouse this time (as opposed to it largely holding off on it until the end) which was honestly the best part of the film. :v

AndyVirus

Any news on directors for the next Mission: Impossible?

I love how they have a different director for each movie but I recently rewatched Rogue Nation with my wife and I'd be totally okay if Christopher McQuarrie just did all of them from now on.

McQuarrie is doing number 6. And due to how many Cruise films he's been involved with the last decade I imagine he'll have some role (writer or director) in a 7th should they get that far.

kswiston

Deadline is saying $23-25M on Friday for Pirates based on Matinees. $6.5-7M for Baywatch.

They are saying $19M FSS for GotG2 and $13-14M FSS for Alien Covenant, but take deadline multipliers with a grain of salt.

Schlorgan

McQuarrie is doing number 6. And due to how many Cruise films he's been involved with the last decade I imagine he'll have some role (writer or director) in a 7th should they get that far.
He's written some quality films and Rogue Nation was pretty excellent, so I'm okay with that.

Edit: looked it up; he's writing and directing 6, so I know to look forward to that movie now.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Deadline is saying $23-25M on Friday for Pirates based on Matinees. $6.5-7M for Baywatch.

They are saying $19M FSS for GotG2 and $13-14M FSS for Alien Covenant, but take deadline multipliers with a grain of salt.

POTC can enjoy one weekend, before WW kicks it into Hell where it belongs

BoxOffice.com updated their forecasts

- Wonder Woman boosted up to $111m opening weekend and $300m DOM total (+19% and +25% respectively)
- The Mummy adjusted down to $44m opening weekend and $114m DOM total (-2% and -6% respectively)
- Dunkirk's first long-range forecast is $60m opening weekend and $240m DOM total

http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-dunkirk-girls-trip-valerian/

I think WW is overestimated a bit but those are encouraging numbers.

I saw this, how reliable are they?

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

- Wonder Woman boosted up to $111m opening weekend and $300m DOM total (+19% and +25% respectively)
- The Mummy adjusted down to $44m opening weekend and $114m DOM total (-2% and -6% respectively)
- Dunkirk's first long-range forecast is $60m opening weekend and $240m DOM total

OMG it's happening! Wondy about to take over the world.

kswiston

You forgot their Valerian prediction at $24M OW and $70M total.

If Dunkirk can make $240M, it's going to be at least the fifth highest grossing film this summer.
You forgot their Valerian prediction at $24M OW and $70M total.
giphy.gif

FoneBone

What the hell is going on with him anyways? Nothing wrong with doing these types of movies, but why isn't he pursuing other types of roles as well? It's not like he's a bad actor.

I guess after Neighbors was his biggest hit (and We Are Your Friends his biggest bomb, not counting indie films), he or his agent thought focusing on these R-rated comedies was the safest career move.

His next movie is a musical with Hugh Jackman, so at least that's a departure.
Surely that €197m budget I'm seeing isn't accurate...

Have you seen the trailers? Say what you will, but it doesn't exactly look cheap.

3N16MA

Banned
Maybe my prediction from last year that WW could come close to MoS numbers might happen.

I might actually get one.

3N16MA

Banned
Those Dunkirk numbers would be excellent. Who said 200M was the floor and I brushed it off saying 200M was the ceiling?

We're totally good. Not even the Slayven Slide can cancel out the BGE & Bronson Bump

Tag team combination attack

Oh no, Bronson is coming for us, we're all shaking in fear. I hope the movie is good and does well though.

You gon' be shakin' when you get hit with mah shovel

Dont forget, we are dutch.

YOU'RE WHAT I SAY YOU ARE

Some people would pay good money for that

wat

It's an atomic blomb..... I'll show myself out.

*headbutt*

Releasing an Edgar Wright joint a week after TF5 and two days before 3 other wide releases, one of which is Despicable Me 3. Bold strategy, Sony.

It's a shame too. Baby Driver is fantastic and I think is easily Wright's most accessible film for audiences.

kswiston

Releasing an Edgar Wright joint a week after TF5 and two days before 3 other wide releases, one of which is Despicable Me 3. Bold strategy, Sony.

It's a shame too. Baby Driver is fantastic and I think is easily Wright's most accessible film for audiences.

Sony had to avoid that heated August 2017 competition.

Top Bottom