• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 06•23-25•17 - Transformers snore than meets the eye, Woman keeps up with Cars

BumRush

There sort of was, but it was just a PS3 vs 360 proxy war, and I saw more of it on gaming side.

The only furniture that I am keeping is some modular shelving that can collapse to basically no space if I take it apart. Almost all of our appliances are going too. Definitely the big ones.

Personal stuff is a different matter. I have modest collections of SNES and Saturn games (both libraries could fit into a single box), but with the way used game prices have gone since I bought those titles, that collection is worth close to $2k. It's one of those situations where the extra cash would be nice for the move, but I know that I would never be able to justify repurchasing any of that stuff again. I halved my recent gen collections, but I have already pruned the older stuff in previous moves.

We also don't want to get rid of too much of my daughter's stuff, since it will be hard enough to move to a new house at 3 years old. She was a baby when we moved to our current place, so this is all she remembers.

This biggest hit besides furniture in this move is books. My wife and I had 4 full six-foot bookshelves of books. 75% of those are gone. I have a collection of non-fiction hardcovers that are out of print and will never be re-printed in any format. Some of those are coming. Most of the rest are books for my daughter currently, or in the future.

We moved 8 miles and it was STILL HARD on our 3 year old. In a week she was over it and loving the new house

I gotta move crosstown in a couple months (for the third time in about 15 years) and I'm not at ALL looking forward to it.

It's not even the actual moving part that sucks. It's the upheaval on either side that makes everything feel extra stressful and displaced and out-of-sorts in ways you can't really fix until like, a month after you're in the new spot.

Ugh.

HD DVD had Batman Begins as an exclusive. I sure hope people broke out the chains and bats.
Wow.

Also, repost because it was at the bottom of last page:

Reeves was interviewed and talked about the future of the Ceasar Cycle and at the end a bit about The Batman.
I finished this movie about eight days ago, so literally we’re only now beginning.

On Affleck staying as his Batman:
Yeah, right now that’s exactly what’s going on, for sure.

I gotta move crosstown in a couple months (for the third time in about 15 years) and I'm not at ALL looking forward to it.

It's not even the actual moving part that sucks. It's the upheaval on either side that makes everything feel extra stressful and displaced and out-of-sorts in ways you can't really fix until like, a month after you're in the new spot.

Ugh.

You're not helping my thought process here!

kswiston

Ugh.

Setting up utilities is always the part that I hate.

When we moved to my current place, I had scheduled the internet hook up to happen the day after we moved in. My wife manages a research group, and was working exclusively from home, so the internet is obviously important.

However, I made the grave mistake of going through the same smaller ISP that we had when I was living near Toronto.

In Canada, Bell and Rogers have telephone and Cable monopolies over much of the country. My previous ISP resells bandwidth from the local cable provider at rates that are about $20/month lower than the monopoly, and they offered better bandwidth caps before those opened up in Canada fairly recently. In the Toronto area, they resell from Rogers Cable, and I had no issues. However, where I am currently, the local monopoly is Cogeco Cable, which I believe is only in Quebec and some random Ontario cities. Cogeco is also garbage.

Reseller ISPs still need to use monopoly ISP technicians for hook ups and maintenance, since the monopoly ISP owns the lines. Cogeco put my hookup on indefinite hold. I guess Canadian law allows them to service their own customers first, and they were just refusing to service us despite the fact that it was late September, and I made my appointment in July. After over 2 weeks of trying to survive on our mobile data plans post-move, I was forced to sign up with Cogeco and pay more for less.

Lima

Internet is the most important part when moving.
I once looked at a nice apartment but noped outta there when I asked about the available providers and speeds.

Like give me the choice between a beautiful house on Malibu beach with shit speeds and a shit hole apartment in Detroit with 1gbit internet and I know what I will take.

Setting up utilities is always the part that I hate.

Ugh, yeah, that ordeal you just posted is the shit I fuckin hate.

It's a little extra stressful this time out because I have to produce 80s All Over and trying to figure out WHICH HOUSE is going to have the internet on at WHICH TIME so that their schedule doesn't get interrupted (plus managing to carve out the edit/post-production time I need to do the show amid all the chaos - which is going to make me feel guilty as shit, honestly...)

Basically, at some point in the next couple months, I'm going to be in a trashed house while most of my furniture is in a different place, hunched over a monitor, cutting audio together while like, the act of creating a living space is happening somewhere else without me for a day. It sucks.

So I know some agents, actors, producers, directors etc here in Sweden and apparently
Eon Productions has been asking around for some swedish actors to check if they're available for filming between October to February. One agent even got a call about one of his clients from Barbara Broccoli where she dropped a working title/codename that he can't find anything about on the web. Probably the next Bond movie?

Don't spread this.

"Don't Spread this."

facebookDefault.png

but it's so spreadable

kswiston

So I know some agents, actors, producers, directors etc here in Sweden and apparently
Eon Productions has been asking around for some swedish actors to check if they're available for filming between October to February. One agent even got a call about one of his clients from Barbara Broccoli where she dropped a working title/codename that he can't find anything about on the web. Probably the next Bond movie?

Don't spread this.

Did we even get confirmation of Daniel Craig returning for 5th film yet?

Last I read, studios were still bidding for the distribution rights.

"Don't Spread this."

facebookDefault.png

but it's so spreadable

What's this about not spreading?
Look, this is not even enough for a clickbait article since we know nothing aside from Eon wanting actors free for a movie in October. We don't even know if this is for something that's not Bond(but the amount of time they want to film do point to a big budget movie).

I'm guessing this means either Sony are keeping the rights or Eon has a idea for a movie they want the winner to do.

Look, this is not even enough for a clickbait article since we know nothing aside from Eon wanting actors free for a movie in October. We don't even know if this is for something that's not Bond(but the amount of time they want to film do point to a big budget movie).

I'm guessing this means either Sony are keeping the rights or Eon has a idea for a movie they want the winner to do.

Has EON ever made a non-Bond movie? I thought that's all they did.

Pachimari

Internet is the most important part when moving.
I once looked at a nice apartment but noped outta there when I asked about the available providers and speeds.

Like give me the choice between a beautiful house on Malibu beach with shit speeds and a shit hole apartment in Detroit with 1gbit internet and I know what I will take.
I agree with this.

Don't spread this.
You should post this in the James Bond OT. I would love a Swedish Bond babe.

But I am secretly hoping for Pia Wurtzbach to get the role.

Has EON ever made a non-Bond movie? I thought that's all they did.
Going by wikipedia, not really:
Since its first film, Dr. No in 1962, Eon has only made two non-Bond films: Call Me Bwana (1963), starring Bob Hope, and Film Stars Don't Die in Liverpool (2017). Saltzman and Broccoli produced other films separately: Broccoli produced the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, based on a book by Ian Fleming; Saltzman produced several non-Bond films during this time including The Ipcress File and Battle of Britain.

Other non-Bond projects from either 1963 or 1964 – The Marriage Game written by Terry Southern and to have been directed by Peter Yates and The Pass Beyond Kashmir based on the novel by Berkely Mather – did not go into production.

In 2008, Eon signed a deal with Columbia Pictures to develop fifteen thrillers and family films outside the Bond franchise, with budgets of up to $80 million (£40 million). The company hopes the move will allow more British writers to establish themselves in the United States.

I agree with this.

You should post this in the James Bond OT. I would love a Swedish Bond babe.

But I am secretly hoping for Pia Wurtzbach to get the role.
Let's wait for more. Wasn't one of the final 5 before they decided who would have the role in Spectre swedish?

I must have missed a lot of this. I might not have been on the OT-side very much back then though. When did HD-DVD die? 2008?

Pretty much. Universal and Paramount were the last holdout, and Universal announced BluRay support in early 2008. It was already pretty dead by then, but that was when it was 100% certain. Universal was also a stakeholder in HD-DVD. If you start backing your own competition, you know it's over.

Whatever happened with the deal in that last sentence?

I know that Sony was trying to get The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo back off the ground. If it wasn't for EON, I would have guessed that.
No clue. Tried searching for news articles and only the initial announcement came up.

Speaking of Bond, aside from London are there any other cities or countries currently offering big benefits for making movies in them?

Slayven

The next Bond movie should drop Craig and be a 60's period piece.
I say go back to World War 2 to the origins of the 00s

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105660

Shit, I forgot that I started the thread on it.

Bonus: ManaByte posts!

I must have missed a lot of this. I might not have been on the OT-side very much back then though. When did HD-DVD die? 2008?

Xbox's release of the HD-dvd addon was interesting around these parts

Just scanning that thread, it's amazing people were just saying "I like Nintendo and hate Sony, therefore HD-DVD."

I was pretty much on a gaming decline by then and had a lot less investment in console wars.

kswiston

Baby Driver's budget was $40M (right in the middle of my estimate range) via a recent Deadline article

I think that this was reported already, but the Dark Tower's budget was $60M

Baby Driver's budget was $40M (right in the middle of my estimate range) via a recent Deadline article

That seems low. Good low, nice to see a blockbuster with a reigned in budget and helps prevent it from being the Summer's biggest bomb assuming it's bad (hopefully not).

How's the budget compared to The Emoji Movie?

I've already called in my ...agents.

We'll all be buying full price IMAX 3D tickets for Transformers but watching Baby Driver instead

Lima

Yeah that seems really low considering they delayed that movie to work on the CGI and said CGI doesn't look bad. Looks like whoever did the VFX work did it for a very low price.

That's much lower than I thought for Dark Tower. This thing might actually make money. What's the tracking for Baby Driver looking like?

Top Bottom