• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 06•23-25•17 - Transformers snore than meets the eye, Woman keeps up with Cars

DeathyBoy

Banned
How do we kill that which has no life?

Thanos2-GOTG-600x250.png

firelogic

I really liked Pine in WW this year. Sort of sad they probably won't have his brother's identical grandson in the present day stuff.

How would you feel about Steve
being teleported/rescued out of the plane by the Green Lantern Corps and put into stasis due to his injuries (to explain why he's still young in the present day) and he's trained to become a Lantern. AND THEN it's revealed that Steve Trevor was his code name and his actual name is HAL JORDAN! (too far?).

Schlorgan

How would you feel about Steve
being teleported/rescued out of the plane by the Green Lantern Corps and put into stasis due to his injuries (to explain why he's still young in the present day) and he's trained to become a Lantern. AND THEN it's revealed that Steve Trevor was his code name and his actual name is HAL JORDAN! (too far?).
I'd watch that movie. Why not?

Is Jake Gyllenhaal a big gamer in real life or something? I'm just surprised to see him attached to another video game film when he already was in Prince of Persia (which is underrated. I thought it was a fun flick)

$17M for Transformers 5 and $15.6M for Wonder Woman this weekend.

I think even if actuals fudging is found to have happened by Monday (which is, I think, for a lot of regions a holiday, so numbers should be up) I don't know that Diana can close that gap and pass Optimus on the left.

Baby Driver made $27 million this week, the best opening an Edgar Wright movie has ever had, and 4 million short of breaking his record of the highest total gross he's ever had ($31 million for Scott Pilgrim)

Lima

Baby Driver made $27 million this week, the best opening an Edgar Wright movie has ever had, and 4 million short of breaking his record of the highest total gross he's ever had ($31 million for Scott Pilgrim)

giphy.gif

It's a weird feeling to be happy about something like this but about time this dude got some success at the box office.

Vectorman

Banned
Hooray! Good film getting some love. Get as much money as you can Baby, cause Spidey, Apes, and Dunkirk are coming for you.

kswiston

Weekend Studio Estimates

1) Despicable Me 3 - $75.4M
2) Baby Driver - $21.0M - $30M total
3) Transformers 5 - $17.0M (-62%) - $102M total
4) Wonder Woman - $15.5M (-38%) - $346M total
5) Cars 3 - $9.5M (-60%) - $121M total
6) The House - $9.0M
7) 47 Meters Down - $4.7M (-34%) - $33M total

Kusagari

Baby Driver got shit for screens at my local theaters. Most only have 4 showings a day while Transformers still has a billion.

It hit right around the time that early 2000s zombie renaissance was starting to seriously take off.

I think it was just that nobody knew who was in it, it was British, and I don't think it was in a lot of theaters.

It hit right around the time that early 2000s zombie renaissance was starting to seriously take off.

I think it was just that nobody knew who was in it, it was British, and I don't think it was in a lot of theaters.

Well, they sure know what it is now. No doubt it's made more than $13m on DVD sales/rentals.

Ridley327

It came out under Universal's Focus Features label, which is their specialty release outfit. I guess being a British film counts as a foreign film, or something?

The Despicable Me franchise is going to end up answering the question of "What would have happened if Dreamworks made a Shrek 5?"

I feel like Pirates 5 is the only sequel to a poorly received film that's actually beaten my week-of-release predictions.

47 Meters Down with the best hold of the weekend.

That's pretty crazy how this thing is trucking along. I can't imagine the budget was very big at all so the studio must be pretty happy with this performance

Slayven

47 Meters Down with the best hold of the weekend.

That's pretty crazy how this thing is trucking along. I can't imagine the budget was very big at all so the studio must be pretty happy with this performance
The shallows did pretty good didn't it?

The Women vs Sharks cinematic universe

Is there a chance transformers wont make more than $600 million?

Not a big enough drop for that to go from 1B to 600m. Then again, Alice 2 did much worse. But that was neither a franchise nor relatively devoid of equivalent competition. Until Spider-Man and Valerian release, there's not really another 200m action movie around to take its lunch money.

Though originally I thought that TF5 would do that the legs of Wonder Woman, and that did not happen at all. Nor with Pirates 5, a movie we've already forgotten it was even in cinemas recently.

And of course, Are You My Mummy? I think it's dead though.

The shallows did pretty good didn't it?

The Women vs Sharks cinematic universe

God no. I want those anti-shark movies to go to hell already. And for Hollywood to stop recycling the same bullshit setups too.

Sharks are basically extinct at this point, yet Hollywood is still pretending they're a thing and that global warming isn't happening. Seriously, the only movie I've ever seen a serious shot in of the effects of global warming is A.I. back in 2002, which of course had to be a partial Kubrick movie because that's about the only person in Hollywood who understood basic science.

Top Bottom