• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 07•28-30•17 - Nolan not Dun' w/ #1 run, = Atomic

jett

D-Member
This post reminds me that I don't often associate movies with what studios they came from, unless they're also part of a mega franchise 'universe.'

Like, I'm sure there have been years when I thought [insert studio here] put out more than two movies I enjoyed, but I don't think of studios as conglomerates with strict QC processes, again unless the aforementioned 'cinematic universes' are in play.

That's kind of depressing. Time to buy more tickets from my local arthouse. :p

Sony Pictures has dubiously risen into the limelight solely due to how awful a lot of their movies have been in recent times. I think the increased popularity of comic book movies (plus Disney acquiring Lucasfilm) has also helped fester this "us vs them" mentality of geek culture among some movie-watchers.

Definitely feeling a three-peat for Dunkirk.

FebKx49.gif

Viacom Executives Flying to China as Huahua Film Slate Deal Looks Shaky
The Chinese company is particularly disappointed with the reception of “Baywatch,” “Ghost in the Shell,” and “Transformers: The Last Knight,” and believes that Paramount’s creative team has not done a good job of making films that will play to international audiences.

“We have incurred losses for the first months of the current year,” the source said. “These are not trivial losses; they are huge losses.”

Lima

Dunkirks biggest strength through August will be IMAX and premium format screens. I think IMAX is playing it all of August.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Well that sucks.

Hope to be wrong, I guess.

I'm sure the Sherlock Holmes producers have all the intention in the world of bringing her back for the nex--lol, I'm sorry. I couldn't keep a straight face on that one.

kswiston

I would have loved to have taken my daughter - since she's currently obsessed with WW - but she's 3...and it's definitely not a movie for 3 year olds...

Does your daughter like the DC Superhero girls stuff? They currently have a display of those at Costco that I get bugged for every time I'm in there with my kid.

Man Noomi's character served absolutely no purpose in Game of Shadows

Also just pull some bullshit and have McAdams back for the third one because good lord

Toa TAK

Banned
Reminds me that I wrote a review for the high school paper on Game of Shadows.

What a cheesy ass flick. I remember making a fuss about the serious lack of Rachel McAdams.

All I remember about that movie is they assassinated a guy and then blew up the building and killed everyone else inside to hide the fact that they assassinated the guy.

Those movies are the fucking best

If you made me pick between Tron 3 and Sherlock Holmes 3, I'd probably merge them into Sherlock Tron 3

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

I like Noomi (most of the time)! Her version was the first one that I saw.

Man Noomi's character served absolutely no purpose in Game of Shadows

Also just pull some bullshit and have McAdams back for the third one because good lord

I just watched it two weeks ago. Eugh. They both got done so dirty.

Toa TAK

Banned
These movies suck, Bronson.

No one here can even remember what happens.

(Which is, funny enough, exactly what I said in my review: No one will remember these years later).
Whitta is working on the next Sherlock with another like 6 writers in a writer's room scenario.
Oh great!

BumRush

Does your daughter like the DC Superhero girls stuff? Thet currently have a display of those at Costco thst I get bugged for evety time I'm in there with my kid.

Haha no, she's obsessed with Disney Princess as well so we try to stick with those...

I remember the first film better than the second and I barely remember the first. Mark Strong with hair, RDJ in a disguise with a fake nose, a fight with a big French guy, a drugged dog and RDJ jumping out a window.

I was impressed by RDJ's accent.

Edit: Oh yeah, Sherlock knowing Wing Chun because RDJ does it in real life and why not just use it.

Are we going to do another classic "Everyone tries to collectively remember the plot of a sequel to a first movie that people kind of like"?

You know, like that other one.

But wait, there comes another twist:
Mary actually killed her parents, planning for Shazam to choose Billy so she could, uh, whatever, uh, take his...powers? Use him for evil?

Doink him. Triple twist she's his step sister and was in love with him but knew the parents would never approve so they had to go.

Grizzlyjin

Whitta is working on the next Sherlock with another like 6 writers in a writer's room scenario.

I liked '09 but wanted my 2.99 back after Game of Shadows. Between that and Sherlock Season 4...I'm good.

Warner Bros probably wishes they could've gotten more sequels outta RDJ and Law.

I think I have a pretty good memory when it comes to films. Like, I think I can recount the plot of pretty much every single superhero movie I have seen since the release of Raimi's Spider-Man, even those that I have seen only once (like Apocalypse or Suicide Squad).

I have no idea what *looks up* Sherlock Holmes was about.

Top Bottom