• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolverine cast leaked

Do we need Wolverine solving crimes with a Detective Vision system in 2024? We exhausted that style of gameplay with the Arkham games back in 2015.
Then it’s better to just blame the other non-Batman games for exhausting it as a gameplay feature. It’s better than removing a key trait of Wolverine just because you’re bored of something.

Also whenever a developer makes a Daredevil game, it’s literally going to have detective vision on the whole game.

Absolutely is a knock on GOW 2018. Too much reliance on Cool-Down Timers that limit player "expression" in both 2018 and Ragnarok.
You are never going to get Sifu or Nioh type deep combat system for a game like Wolverine. Casual gamers would reject it. Just like GOW, the high AAA quality surrounding the gameplay will enhance the more linear approach. Plus you play as two characters in Wolverine, with seemingly very different playstyles

Jinzo Prime

Then it’s better to just blame the other non-Batman games for exhausting it as a gameplay feature. It’s better than removing a key trait of Wolverine just because you’re bored of something.

Also whenever a developer makes a Daredevil game, it’s literally going to have detective vision on the whole game.
I disagree, if a gameplay element isn't fun, it should be cut. But then again, this is footage from 2021, so it may have changed since then anyway.

DavidGzz

Well, at least this should temper expectations. It will be fun but not out of this world. Maybe they've made a lot of progress from here and it will impress still. Day 1, either way.

XXL

Jean Grey is playable?!?
Oh Snap GIF by T-Pain

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
Gameplay footage looks exactly as I would have thought for that stage of development - what else were people expecting? The footage is them testing out systems and animations that have been refined since, and will be refined further. These are tests, not a final product - not even final systems. There is no cause for concern here.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Gameplay looks very blad…something you find in any other 3rd person action game. Probably the prodction value will salvage this.
Don’t expect much innovation from insomniac. They will make a great game with great storytelling and fun combat but safe and unoriginal. But that’s ok, i had more fun with the safe and unoriginal spiderman 2 than a lot of the so called new ips this year.

Don’t expect much innovation from insomniac. They will make a great game with great storytelling and fun combat but safe and unoriginal. But that’s ok, i had more fun with the safe and unoriginal spiderman 2 than a lot of the so called new ips this year.

Safe, unoriginal, but released quickly and with epic set pieces and pacing we don’t get anymore

Leaking the most basic pre alpha footage and having a hot take is eh.

2026 seems pretty reasonable. Big new IP. 3 years after SM2.

Insomniac will likely have some other Miles sized content in between from other teams.
One of the leaks said latest it could possibly release was Q3 2025. Plus, in the past year, there were 2-3 separate reports saying it was a 2024 or early 2025 game. Regardless, I wouldn't mind a 2026 release. Insomniac development times this generation feel rushed, especially SM2. A full 5 year development cycle for a new IP is warranted

One of the leaks said latest it could possibly release was Q3 2025. Plus, in the past year, there were 2-3 separate reports saying it was a 2024 or early 2025 game. Regardless, I wouldn't mind a 2026 release. Insomniac development times this generation feel rushed, especially SM2. A full 5 year development cycle for a new IP is warranted

These things are all subject to change a bit but I always suspected the earliest this could release is 2025

Thing is, it’s a new IP and they won’t want to fuck it up, if it needs to go in 2026 to get it right they will

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
the only concern here is that it seems very derivative form TLoU, GoW, Uncharted.
Well… yeah. Like I said, what were people expecting? Each of those games (throw Ghost of Tsushima in there) still has their own identity and their own feel. I don’t play God of War and think “hey, Kratos controls just like Nathan Drake,” nor Spider-man and think “this combat is just like The Last of Us.” Hell, I’d say there’s more variety between those games and most modern FPSes (although, full disclosure, I don’t play a whole lot of FPSes).

Last edited:
Gameplay footage looks exactly as I would have thought for that stage of development - what else were people expecting? The footage is them testing out systems and animations that have been refined since, and will be refined further. These are tests, not a final product - not even final systems. There is no cause for concern here.

I dunno man. The systems seem wrong? I don't think of Wolverine as a detective. I think of him as an animal, a ninja, a weapon, a tank.

What I see here is some sort of comicbook style mind place. It's shit.

The guy in the video appears barely capable of clawing through a wall letalone going toe-to-toe with the Hulk or the Thing.

You are never going to get Sifu or Nioh type deep combat system for a game like Wolverine. Casual gamers would reject it. Just like GOW, the high AAA quality surrounding the gameplay will enhance the more linear approach. Plus you play as two characters in Wolverine, with seemingly very different playstyles
Maybe they should have more faith in casual gamers or budget the games more appropriately so that they don't have to squeeze all of the fun out.

Mister Wolf

Oh, was the third person camera confirmed? I was expecting it to be a first-person camera.

Yes, the director stated it was third person when he announced it at The Game Awards because he knew people would think it was first person due to the studio's prior titles.

Last edited:
Well… yeah. Like I said, what were people expecting? Each of those games (throw Ghost of Tsushima in there) still has their own identity and their own feel. I don’t play God of War and think “hey, Kratos controls just like Nathan Drake,” nor Spider-man and think “this combat is just like The Last of Us.” Hell, I’d say there’s more variety between those games and most modern FPSes (although, full disclosure, I don’t play a whole lot of FPSes).
And that is a negative discourse that is going to keep growing. (is already pretty damn established). Sony should be very aware of it because they could have "a Ubisoft" in the next few years.

SlimySnake

Looks like pc build about to be leaked soon. Well done jimbo. Release more games on pc. Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

Also thought this was interesting.

FBYNjW6.png

Wolverine Team will take the majority of resources until mid 2026. Shame. Spider-Man should be their number 1 project at all times.

Also can’t believe they are still making ratchet. Move on dude. Its over.

Jinzo Prime

Looks like pc build about to be leaked soon. Well done jimbo. Release more games on pc. Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes.

Also thought this was interesting.

FBYNjW6.png

Wolverine Team will take the majority of resources until mid 2026. Shame. Spider-Man should be their number 1 project at all times.

Also can’t believe they are still making ratchet. Move on dude. Its over.

Uh, video games are made on PCs. The PS5 is an x86 PC running a custom version of FreeBSD.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
I dunno man. The systems seem wrong? I don't think of Wolverine as a detective. I think of him as an animal, a ninja, a weapon, a tank.

What I see here is some sort of comicbook style mind place. It's shit.

The guy in the video appears barely capable of clawing through a wall letalone going toe-to-toe with the Hulk or the Thing.
So… you want it to be *more* like God of War?

I mean, I wouldn’t want to play the leaked pre-alpha test footage either. I reckon they’ll find a way to make the actual game fun enough, though. We’ll see in a year or so.
And that is a negative discourse that is going to keep growing. (is already pretty damn established). Sony should be very aware of it because they could have "a Ubisoft" in the next few years.
I would imagine that Sony are very well aware of that risk, which is why the games each have their own unique identity.

That said, yes, I too would love too see Sony.branch out their offerings. Their current cadence for 3rd-person cinematic action games still seems decent enough.

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
2026 doesn't seem very quick to me. Especially when most on this site were convinced they'd be playing Wolverine by Holiday 2024.
That timeline shows when staff are allocated to the game. They will continue to have staff allocated after it its released. That chart shows them starting to reallocate staff from Q2 2025 (edit— although, yeah, still looks like they’re planning for a 2026 release).

Last edited:

SlimySnake

These budgets are out of control. $300 million for Spider-Man 2? $39 million for that remaster? $156 million for miles expansion set in the same city? Spider-Man 3 $400 million? What is this avatar 2?

ZIjmCMH.jpg

I’m convinced video gane studios are a money laundering scheme because this honestly makes no sense.

These budgets are out of control. $300 million for Spider-Man 2? $39 million for that remaster? $156 million for miles expansion set in the same city? Spider-Man 3 $400 million? What is this avatar 2?

ZIjmCMH.jpg

I’m convinced video gane studios are a money laundering scheme because this honestly makes no sense.
it makes sense if those budgets include marketing.

games now are offering maybe twice as much content and with higher production values.

2026 doesn't seem very quick to me. Especially when most on this site were convinced they'd be playing Wolverine by Holiday 2024.

They don’t understand how game development works

Insomniac had gone full steam ahead on SM2

They have multiple teams working in parallel a bit but the vast production staff churns through mostly on a single game at a time

Sleepwalker

Venom game out of nowhere and coming before Wolverine lol. Im conflicted about it, on one hand I hated harry-Venom, on the other hand I love Venom as a character.

Transfer the symbiote to Eddie Brock and Ill be there day 1.

Wolverine 2026 makes my PP soft.

Not spoiler tagging anything, if you enter this thread you're here for leaks and spoilers.

Top Bottom