• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolverine cast leaked

Sleepwalker

These budgets are out of control. $300 million for Spider-Man 2? $39 million for that remaster? $156 million for miles expansion set in the same city? Spider-Man 3 $400 million? What is this avatar 2?

ZIjmCMH.jpg

I’m convinced video gane studios are a money laundering scheme because this honestly makes no sense.

So making a game (and marketing it I assume) costs about the same as transferring 3 football players or so.

I disagree, if a gameplay element isn't fun, it should be cut. But then again, this is footage from 2021, so it may have changed since then anyway.
I think most developers made it not fun because they don’t trust the player to solve things on their own, so their detective visions usually just lay out the entire answer like a cheat sheet. Wolverine’s smell just needs to give hints instead of painting a full picture.

Edit: Even if they make it adjustable with difficulty, I still want his senses to be incorporated into the game, even as a small mechanic.

Last edited:

RyanEvans21

These budgets are out of control. $300 million for Spider-Man 2? $39 million for that remaster? $156 million for miles expansion set in the same city? Spider-Man 3 $400 million? What is this avatar 2?

ZIjmCMH.jpg

I’m convinced video gane studios are a money laundering scheme because this honestly makes no sense.
Why? making game so expensive plus to have to pay every employees you have.

ZIjmCMH.jpg

I remember someone mentioning once that a good chunk of videogame budgets in the US are spent on developer salaries. That line of work is usually well remunerated and you have a team of 300+ developers.
That's why a US based developer can spend 39 million in remastering a game (but it probably includes the Nixxes port too).
And a Finland based developer (Remedy) can spend 30 million in creating a whole new game (Control).

ProtoByte

ZIjmCMH.jpg

Paying 100s of devs full time between North Carolina and Burbank, and you don't think the budgets make sense?

Game devs get paid well, and AAA games should probably cost more than 70 bucks. Newsflash.

Interesting, I feel the opposite. Theres dismemberment - seems like some cool mobility/climbing mechanics using your claws.

Combat seems up close and GOW 18-ish, as it kinda should cus you’re wolverine… idk that’s what I wanted out of this game I guess. Like that’s a good thing.
It should like a cross between GOW and Prototype. As is now, it doesn't look "next gen" gameplay wise.

It looks interesting enough, but I wonder why Debra Wilson is almost everywhere in gaming space.
Why is Debra Wilson in every game?
Either she is this generation’s Jennifer Hale/Troy Baker or voice acting agencies are having a hard time finding other black voice actresses. She does a good job at a ‘female commander’ type of voice and I feel like that’s her strength that devs should play into. I felt the same about Lance Reddick with his male commanding voice (Rest in peace to him).

Last edited:

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
So they only need $5 - $5.5 million units sold to break even.

I guess we can use this as a reference for future video game sales numbers.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force
You also gotta factor in royalties for Disney with licensed IP's

Yes, those have to be considered, along with the video game price point, but most games don't have high royalties or the same budget.

So it seems like games that crossed 5 million sales made enough profit to be successful.

Don’t expect much innovation from insomniac. They will make a great game with great storytelling and fun combat but safe and unoriginal. But that’s ok, i had more fun with the safe and unoriginal spiderman 2 than a lot of the so called new ips this year.
Yep, but I don't blame them. They have figured out what works and they are good at it. I think Sunset Overdrive was their best shot at doing something really novel, but it didn't do too well commercially. Kind of a bummer as I thought it was a blast

ZIjmCMH.jpg

I mean if you're going to give budget to anyone, Insomniac is not a bad choice. They deliver faster than most studios, with good to great gameplay, and good to great graphics.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Massive meh. Sniffing around like a dog... wtf. My suspicion of this not being rated R is becoming more and more factual. No dismemberment in sight. In a Wolverine game.

ZIjmCMH.jpg

It dont make sense to you because you dont know shit.

TrebleShot

Massive meh. Sniffing around like a dog... wtf. My suspicion of this not being rated R is becoming more and more factual. No dismemberment in sight. In a Wolverine game.
Two things what the name of the character again?

Wolverine

Sense of smell is kind of his thing as much as the other abilities, like saying WTF Spider man crawling walls like a fucking BUG?!

You know this isn’t the finished game right? The videos have missing textures animations sounds etc there’s every chance the dismember system isn’t implemented yet or the blood effects etc.

Two things what the name of the character again?

Wolverine

Sense of smell is kind of his thing as much as the other abilities, like saying WTF Spider man crawling walls like a fucking BUG?!

You know this isn’t the finished game right? The videos have missing textures animations sounds etc there’s every chance the dismember system isn’t implemented yet or the blood effects etc.
He takes someone’s arm off in the video. So there’s definitely some dismemberment

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
giphy.webp

After the GTA 6 leaked footage and then the reveal footage months later, I thought everyone here would understand game development just a little better.
I'm not talking gfx here, every video leaked made it apparent that their intention is for a Marvel / Uncharted style game, not one where his claws play the central role...

Thirty7ven

Banned
That’s great cast.

ZIjmCMH.jpg

Until A.I highly streamlines animation, art asset creation, and other stuff, then it’s going to be expensive because people want games to look better and better. But then they will start overpaying actors like Hollywood.

And so what?

Why are you worried about game budgets from a first party? What’s the point of building an ecosystem, psn, ps+, taking 30% from thirst parties, and then not show US the goods?

It’s like being worried about movie budgets, who gives a fuck 😂

We should be happy it’s happening.

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Ugh fuckin leech.. I see where they might be going with this. Fuck you jimmy.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Calling it now, Jean Grey and Mystique will be in a relationship and that will be the love triangle worth Logan.

DarthPutin

How people can demand fresh original content and then cry about lack of Ratchett and Clank #100 is unbelievable to me. What wasn't milked out of this franchise, even more amazeballs graphics?

Top Bottom