• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman records boyfriend after getting shot by the Police on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verelios

Oh man, I'm numb to this now. I opened up this thread and my first reaction was 'another one'. It shocked me so much to realize how apathetic I've become to systematic murder I felt ill.

Rich!

This is crazy.

Where I live (UK) I have great respect for the police and what they do, and I'm sure the majority of the population here feel the same. There's been about 5 at the very most shootings by Police here over the past decade, every single one was justified and thoroughly investigated.

So uh, why are the American police so fucking insane? Let me guess, guns?

Shadybiz

God fucking dammit. This is horrible.

And this will get fucking buried, because there isn't video of the actual shooting. I'm sure if there was a bodycam it was likely shaken loose and the video is no good as well. Fuck.

bman94

This is crazy.

Where I live (UK) I have great respect for the police and what they do, and I'm sure the majority of the population here feel the same.

Too much unchecked power.

kirblar

This is crazy.

Where I live (UK) I have great respect for the police and what they do, and I'm sure the majority of the population here feel the same.

Because the populace has guns. It's a rational response to our terrible gun laws.

Formless

This is crazy.

Lack of training seems to be a big thing. Got a friend who's an officer, and besides initial training camp they don't ever find time to get training on martial arts, how to identify threats vs nonthreats, de-escalation, etc. Just random days at the shooting range. Police can't really be criticized in a serious manner (changing culture/regulations) either.

SwolBro

Banned
cops can do whatever the fuck they want. damn. this wont end. with all the guns in this country it will only get worse .

This is crazy.

In my high school, the biggest bullies and racists were the ones who were wanting to go for the police academy as soon as possible.

Like bman94 said, the unchecked power. Goes right to their heads.

God... how horrific.

FrsDvl

Hopefully Facebook doesn't take this down. That was hard to watch, and in front of the kid? Wtf man...

I'm glad this got out there, and that guy doesn't get away with it, hopefully....

bill0527

Oh man, I'm numb to this now. I opened up this thread and my first reaction was 'another one'. It shocked me so much to realize how apathetic I've become to systematic murder I felt ill.

You shouldn't be numb. You should be angry. Each one of these should make your angrier. If you're a white guy watching these videos daily, you should be real fucking angry, at the tragic loss of life and the fact these continued murders are going to break down our society.

There are going to be more justifiably angry black people who are going to take matters into their own hands because they have no other recourse and black people, asian people, and white people are going to be caught in the crossfire. The point is coming where no fucks will be given.

If they can't do their jobs without state violence, then we honestly can't afford to have this current form of law enforcement.

Shut it down.

We need something better than this.

Dartastic

well assuming the cop yelling fuck is the one who shot he knows he fucked up at least right
He sounds freaked out and frazzled as hell. Sounds like he's in tears.

Edit: NOT defending the officer. Merely stating what I heard from the officer in the first minute or two of the video. I can't watch the whole thing. I feel sick. I cannot believe that poor woman held it together like that, at least before I had to turn it off.

Rich!

In my high school, the biggest bullies and racists were the ones who were wanting to go for the police academy as soon as possible.

Like bman94 said, the unchecked power. Goes right to their heads.

God... how horrific.

Total opposite to my experience over here in the UK where the entry requirements for being a cop is ridiculously high.

Hell, I got a job working at the regional command centre and got turned down afterwards because my record check turned up a drunk and disorderly from almost a decade ago. I couldn't even work on the bloody phones with the police because I was a bit of a dick on a night out in the town a decade ago.

It just seems like the USA is the wild fucking west

Anticol

Banned
Ok now I wanna see how the people defending these cops are gonna defend this video, is it not clear enough?

commedieu

Banned
Total opposite to my experience over here where the entry requirements for being a cop is ridiculously high.

Hell, I got a job working at the regional command centre and got turned down afterwards because my record check turned up a drunk and disorderly from almost a decade ago. I couldn't even work the bloody phones with the police.

Opposite here. FrI end is a sherif and brags about beating up handcuffed mexicans when he's drunk.

they even have their guns pointed at the guy all shot and bleeding and at the woman after getting out of her car?

i can't man. I just can't

That was an insane thing to watch. The woman's calmness really makes that video so, so sad. It feels like a stoic "Yup it finally happened to me."

ApharmdX

Banned
That was a hard video to watch. She was so calm at first, I think she was in shock, but she breaks down once she realizes what happened.

It's a war out there. And I'm more and more frustrated, I think most white Americans don't give a shit. It's like they actively ignore these atrocities. How can we motivate them to push for change? I feel like we can't do it alone. You even look here on GAF, which is a very liberal forum, BLM threads descend into attacking the protesters rather than focusing on the issues at hand. If GAF can't widely care about this, then the American public at large is going to be useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom