• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 6/28: Netherlands Vs. Slovakia, Brazil vs. Chile |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

n0n44m

Wessiej said:
I wanna win this thing. If they need to do it with bad football en winning met 1-0 thanks to an own goal, fine by me. I WANNA WIN THIS THING.

/cosigned

hell even if we would crash out hopeless out of every next World Cup in the next 20 years :D just 1 cup FFS

Kittonwy

Banned
DennisK4 said:

Yo Soy El Duke of Earl.
Indifferent2.gif

Sadist

Wessiej said:
I wanna win this thing. If they need to do it with bad football en winning met 1-0 thanks to an own goal, fine by me. I WANNA WIN THIS THING.
Hey I'm right there with you. I want to see that cup here in Holland.

Binabik15

I just want Brazil to loose. Sorry, but a 6th title AND the cup in 2014? Yeah, no. They´ll get their 6th win next time at home, let the others celebrate this time D:

burnfout

duckroll said:
The only things the Dutch will be destroying will be the hopes and dreams of their supporters. :lol

Sadly, I have to agree. :(

Still gonna binge drink on friday though, already text messaged my boss to take the last two hours off :)

2San

Wessiej said:
Still using the same strat as the opposing team who does it a lot better isn't really a sound gameplan. If we win it'll be because we have more quality player rather then having a better tactics.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
Binabik15 said:
I just want Brazil to loose. Sorry, but a 6th title AND the cup in 2014? Yeah, no. They´ll get their 6th win next time at home, let the others celebrate this time D:

they won 94 and 02, letting others enjoy 98 and 06. they can't let others win twice in a row.

Kurtofan

Binabik15 said:
Ghana should get it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Wessiej said:

You guys are our only hope against Brasil :( .. PLEASE WIN THIS THING
well just the match not the WHOLE thing :D

[Nintex]

Sadist said:
Can't imagine what would happen here at the Netherlands/German border just a about a km away :lol
Flood the land, run for the hills. Us stuck here at the coast will drown but it'll be worth it.

Green Biker Dude said:
i accept that bet. there is no way paraguay loses to japan imo
Just to be clear I meant "week-long ban." I'm typing on a (slow) phone. Any mod wanna mark me and GBD down for the bet?

I'm still getting over the US loss, so I could use a reason for some passion ;)

scottnak

Battersea Power Station said:
Just to be clear I meant "week-long ban." I'm typing on a (slow) phone. :lol Any mod wanna mark me and GBD down for the bet?

I'm still getting over the US loss, so I could use a reason for some passion ;)
If i remember right, ban bets aren't accepted anymore...
Kudos for the Japanese support!

JAPAAAAAAAAN!

Kittonwy said:
wrong. now we get to see what holland does against teams that can actually do more than stand in front of their own goal.

This is the way to deal with those kind of defending teams. Calculated and patient.
Wait for oportunities and try not to take a goal. They did this excellent.

When a team wants to play attractive and forward football, holland is at its best.
These guys want nothing more than to show what they actually can do.

ATF487

I want to see the high flying offense from the Netherlands. I'm not sure if it was Euro 2008 or the 2006 World Cup, but they my favorite team to watch that tournament

Moussi

confuziz said:
Netherlands will destroy brasil. no problem.

and I mean this dead serious. Brasil is actually quite poor. Chile was just even poorer
If anything the netherlands looked poor today. Brazil was flawless. Netherlands got scored on by slovakia and their goalie had to be on his toes and bail em out. Let's see what a more prolific offense can do. Brazil may not be as exciting but they've been almost perfect in this world cup.

markao

Sadist said:
Can't imagine what would happen here at the Netherlands/German border just a about a km away :lol
I still remember the next day after the 88 final, when people put up a huuuuuge banner on the biggest boarder crossing (Berg bij Arnhem), saying "now your entering the land of the European champions" :D

Unfortunately, two years later, on the other side of that same border crossing, there was one put up with the text "and now your entering the land of the World champions" :D

Time for a payback ;)

MMaRsu said:
This Dutch team could hardly beat Brazil...

That match ended up decided in PKs. So yeah "hardly", whatever. Such a great fucking game. That '98 Dutch team is what got me into soccer as an American.

:swoon: Dennis Bergkamp :swoon:

Also, that match going 120 minutes probably cost Brazil the cup.

n0n44m

MMaRsu said:

we will destroy 'em !
no wait obliterate 'em !
no wait annihilate 'em !

erm actually we haven't won a game with more than 2 goals difference :lol :lol

we have a slight chance if we exploit some of their obvious weaknesses but there will not be any steamrolling going on :D

Moussi said:
If anything the netherlands looked poor today. Brazil was flawless. Netherlands got scored on by slovakia and their goalie had to be on his toes and bail em out. Let's see what a more prolific offense can do. Brazil may not be as exciting but they've been almost perfect in this world cup.
dutch defense had two bad moments (with excellent saves from the goaly). the rest of the game was in total control.

Sadist

Binabik15 said:

I´ll just hide in France or Switzerland if shit goes down :p
Laugh all you want, but every year you Germans are shitting up our highways with your caravans. :p

We'll have a caravan war.

Cosmozone

Netherlands vs. Brazil is gonna be interesting. I really want to know what Netherlands is worth at this WC.

And I hope Captain Tsubasa will win against Paraguay. 1-0 please.

Haunted

Man, having Uruguay - Ghana and Germany - Argentina/ Brazil - Netherlands in the same round feels kinda unbalanced. :lol The latter could've been proper finals in any other bracket.

At least we have two fucking great games to look forward to next week. :D

DennisK4 said:
:lol

Haunted

[Nintex] said:
Yep, we'll face Germany in the finals and beat them and it will be glorious.
NETHERLANDS GERMANY holy shit

We haven't encountered our two greatest football rivals in the same tournament since Italy 1990. :D

feel

Dresden said:
I hope Japan can represent and do something for Asia.

Don't really care about spain/portugal--go spain? Portugal? Who gives a fuck.
You will give a fuck once whatever precious team you're supporting gets crushed by Spain (or Portugal, because if we manage to beat Spain somehow, the moral/form boost will be huge).

n0n44m

Haunted said:
Man, having Uruguay - Ghana and Germany - Argentina/ Brazil - Netherlands in the same round feels kinda unbalanced. :lol The latter could've been proper finals in any other bracket.

At least we have two fucking great games to look forward to next week. :D

I'm expecting some sparks during Spain - Portugal as well tomorrow ... they are neighbors after all :D

Binabik15 said:

They didnt win at home last time....

Might as well call it the Brasil cup.

In fact, might as well cancel the world cup, declare Copa America the definitive tournament, and then give it to Brasil. That way, we dont have to waste time with all the diving europeans

n0n44m

Haunted said:
NETHERLANDS GERMANY holy shit

We haven't encountered our two greatest football rivals in the same tournament since Italy 1990. :D

you misspelled W-Germany 1988

THERE IS NO 1990

edit: ow wait there is a two in there ... nope still no 1990

Dresden

Letters said:
You will give a fuck once whatever precious team you're supporting gets crushed by Spain (or Portugal, because if we manage to beat Spain somehow, the moral/form boost will be huge).
Nah, still don't give a fuck.

Good luck with Ronaldo. :lol

Haunted

n0n44m said:
you misspelled W-Germany 1988

THERE IS NO 1990

n0n44m said:
I'm expecting some sparks during Spain - Portugal as well tomorrow ... they are neighbors after all :D
Derbies are awesome.

Although Spain is the favourite you never know in a World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom