• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 6/28: Netherlands Vs. Slovakia, Brazil vs. Chile |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

And let me say this: Netherlands - Brazil '98 is one of the best football matches I have ever seen in my life. Definitely up there with the all-time greats, the '54 final, the Game of the Century etc.

feel

Dresden said:
Nah, still don't give a fuck.

Good luck with Ronaldo. :lol
we don't care or depend on Ronaldo, he's been shit, if we do good it's because of some other players like Tiago, Simao, Meireles, Coentrao, maybe Deco resurrecting all of a sudden with an epic performance.. but why am I going on with this, you don't care... :lol

who do you support btw?

Dresden

Letters said:
we don't care or depend on Ronaldo, he's been shit, if we do good it's because of some other players like Tiago, Simao, Meireles, Coentrao, maybe Deco resurrecting all of a sudden with an epic performance.. but why am I going on with this, you don't care... :lol

who do you support btw?
Eh, Korea and America. Both are out because they sucked ass, hence my apathy. I just want to see a good game.

Seriously, if Paraguay wins tomorrow (which they won't), this is basically the Copa America cup.

But...

World Cup Final: Ghana v. Argentina ... Believe!

If Japan loses tomorrow, then CAF will have the last laugh over CONCACAF and AFC because they would have had the farthest participant. Regardless I'm going to be rooting so hard for Ghana to beat Uruguay. It would be so awesome to finally have an African team in the semi-finals. Hopefully Prince Boatang will be okay for that match.

Btw, instead of having "daily" WC threads, why not just have "Second Round", "Quarterfinals", and "Semi-Final" WC threads? There's not too many games left, but it would better group our discussions.

Fio

The Chosen One said:
Btw, instead of having "daily" WC threads, why not just have "Second Round", "Quarterfinals", and "Semi-Final" WC threads? There's not too many games left, but it would better group our discussions.

Good idea.

Corto

To the Argentinians... Di Maria to play in Real Madrid for the next 6 years. *don't know if already posted* The spanish newspaper As advances a transfer value of 25 million€.

Moussi

Corto said:
To the Argentinians... Di Maria to play in Real Madrid for the next 6 years. *don't know if already posted* The spanish newspaper As advances a transfer velue of 25 million€.
Why's he so eager to kill his career?

Letters said:

who do you support btw?
truth, I hope Deco remains benched and we see more Tiago instead but he's got a Yellow Card from the last cluster fuck match against Brasil where everyone got a Yellow Card

Corto said:
To the Argentinians... Di Maria to play in Real Madrid for the next 6 years. *don't know if already posted* The spanish newspaper As advances a transfer value of 25 million€.
oh Benfica. Futebol clubs should have salary caps IMO fuck rich teams

MMaRsu

Banned
Just played some dude online in Fifa 10 he picked Brazil ofcourse I picked The Netherlands. He quit at 70 minutes when I just made the 4-1

ROFL

what a quitting noob, let's hope this team can play some Fifa 10 and learn some of these awesome moves I just did hahahah Ohhhhh man I wanna win sooo bad

Here is another awesome tune for y'all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exn65dywHqA

BOOM straight from the real. Love that song! Can't believe its from 1984 it's so amazing

With todays results included, a look at where the players in the remaining teams play.

Players in Spain: 40
Players in Germany: 40
Players in Italy: 31
Players in Latin America (multiple leagues): 30
Players in England: 22

From 10 teams. Each team has 23 players.

Corto

Haunted said:
And let me say this: Netherlands - Brazil '98 is one of the best football matches I have ever seen in my life. Definitely up there with the all-time greats, the '54 final, the Game of the Century etc.

That would be the Pratter European Champions final Porto vs. Bayern for me. :D :D :D

jamesinclair said:
With todays results included, a look at where the players in the remaining teams play.

Spain will see some losses tomorrow. :(

Corto

jamesinclair said:

Players in Portugal: 13 :D :D :D

Enosh

The Chosen One said:
Seriously, if Paraguay wins tomorrow (which they won't), this is basically the Copa America cup.
if you ignore the 3 Euro teams it is yes, well and the one african one

MMaRsu

Banned
Posted?
However, Dunga remains cautious of a Netherlands side that boasts a perfect record in South Africa without having yet performed to their full potential.

"We know there is always this expectation that Brazil will be the winners but being the favourite does not allow you to win the World Cup," Dunga said. "Some people doubted that we would perform but as we go along that confidence is growing and growing and we hope to make it to the final.

"Holland have a great World Cup tradition and they are very similar to the South American teams so we have to be extremely careful. We have to be prepared to deal with extremely technical, excellent players. They are a solid team."

Source

Corto

striKeVillain! said:
Spain will see some losses tomorrow. :(

That will show you! :D :D :D

This will be the turning point for this team. There's not much enthusiasm around Portugal performance. The media pound and pound with every news that they can report but people seem a little dissociated from the hype. If we win tomorrow then more fans will start to believe in this team and support it, but if we loose, although that's bad, we're almost expected to by many.

I Believe! Vamos Portugal! Até os comemos....

iFootball

carvasd said:
GAF's "Castrol's Fifa World Cup Predictor Challenge" League

if you aren't registred in FIFA.com, please do so as you will need an account... once registered, join the following league

Name: "GAF's Brrrrrrrrrrrrr"
Code: 158813-15613
carvasd said:
27 30 GAFers have joined so far :D hopefully you can join too! ... daily league standings will be published in this thread! whatever WC thread is available!!
Day Three - Round 4
Code:
POS	Trend	ID		Round-4	TOTAL	
1	.	f.i.f.awill	404	690	
2	+	xhawkiex	292	657	
3	-	Juicy-Bob	198	564	
4	+	kamimartian	128	545	
5	-	aks129		181	484	
6	.	Lt.Feathers	111	472	
7	+	LabouredSubt	206	459	
8	-	Manigol		142	454	
9	+	ColinZeal	131	438	
9	+	roadbr		147	438	
11	-	shagg187	151	422	
12	+	CheccoZ		273	421	
13	+	wc_2011		148	388	
14	-	sinnyhalo	111	380	
15	-	carvasd		164	377	
16	-	bolbronx	92	372	
17	-	Konosuke	126	367	
18	-	somato		92	365	
19	-	markao05	96	350	
20	-	kottila		28	340	
21	+	deceptionist	194	320	
22	-	Omega_Man	109	315	
23	+	mikeybwright	128	282	
24	-	scottnak	92	264	
25	-	royalpress	45	254	
25	+	DevilTrigger	254	254	
27	-	Sajuuk		94	221	
28	.	Mardil		75	202	
29	-	GAF_AH		0	199	
30	.	voodoorayray	0	0

Knockout Stage!... The system has now made our own knockout stage, using the top 16 players from Round 3. It will use the total points of each round of the knockout stage to decide who advances!. This is how our knockout bracket looks like:
Code:
	  kamimartian 128 ---		       --- 28  kottila 
			     |--	    --|
	     Konosuke 126 ---   |	   |   --- 151 shagg187
				|--      --|
	    Juicy-Bob 198 ---   |  |    |  |   --- 131 ColinZeal
			     |--   |    |   --|
	 LabouredSubt 206 ---      |	|      --- 92  somato
				   |----|
	     xhawkiex 292 ---      |	|      --- 181 aks129
			     |--   |    |   --|
	     markao05 96  ---   |  |	|  |   --- 92  bolbronx
				|--      --|
	  Lt.Feathers 111 ---   |	   |   --- 147  roadbr
			     |--            --|
	    sinnyhalo 111 ---		       --- 404 f.i.f.awill
NOTE: Regardless of the Knockout phase, we can all continue competing in the League ;)

Looking forward to tomorrow's games!

faridmon

I really want to see Japan get trashed tomorrow. I love you Japan, your games, your Anime, your Manga, your Music, your language and even your girls. But there is a line you mustn't step over, football ain't your stuff.

So beat it.

markao

MMaRsu said:
Posted?

However, Dunga remains cautious of a Netherlands side that boasts a perfect record in South Africa without having yet performed to their full potential.

"We know there is always this expectation that Brazil will be the winners but being the favourite does not allow you to win the World Cup," Dunga said. "Some people doubted that we would perform but as we go along that confidence is growing and growing and we hope to make it to the final.

"Holland have a great World Cup tradition and they are very similar to the South American teams so we have to be extremely careful. We have to be prepared to deal with extremely technical, excellent players. They are a solid team."

Source

sleepingpilsv47n.jpg

for Bastos ;)

Baha

Sblargh said:
Wait, Robinho was elected best player of the match?
That's some bullshit right there.

Personally I would've voted for Juan for the 1st goal and some of the great defending he did today.

rodvik

Raydeen said:
The Iceman's greatest Arsenal goals. When you watch this you can realise that the Argentina goal was just another day in the office for him. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJmX5vSz24E&feature=related :lol

Makes you realise how average the current crop of world superstars are

Agree with this.

Maybe its the old man in me but so far there are no players who every time they get the ball you think "oh shit here it comes!"

Some fabulous goals to be sure but no players who stand out as obviously megastars.

CassSept

Enosh said:
if you ignore the 3 Euro teams it is yes, well and the one african one
You have to remember that of all CONMEBOL teams in the tournament only Chile has been eliminated... and that's by another South American team. Paraguay is most likely to beat Japan tomorrow, making 4/5 CONMEBOL teams reaching quarterfinals and only 3/13 UEFA ones.
It really is something remarkable. I can foresee FIFA increasing spots for South America soon after this World Cup.

Hawkie

Raydeen said:
The Iceman's greatest Arsenal goals. When you watch this you can realise that the Argentina goal was just another day in the office for him. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJmX5vSz24E&feature=related :lol

Makes you realise how average the current crop of world superstars are.

I had the honour and privilege of watching Bergkamp week in week out and without question imo he was one of the best ever Arsenal players and one of the all time world greats. I remember that Newcastle goal being debated over and over again as to whether he meant it or not. Those of us who seen him play regularly know that was just vintage Bergkamp. Sheer brilliance and there isn't a striker/'hole' player playing today that could hold a candle to the man. It was only fitting that he was an integral part of the "Invincibles" during their unbeaten season and when he had his testimonial at the Emirates the crowd was almost 80,000. He is sadly missed not just by Arsenal fans but by football fans the world over.

Mobius 1

What stand out to me today's is the increased chemistry on the team. They are now confident on what they can do.

Can't wait for Friday. :D

Daigoro

too bad Chile couldn't come up with something special today. on a different day maybe it wouldve turned out different. wouldve been nice.

i alse would have like Slovakia to have put something together today, but it wasnt happening for them. too bad.

the Dutch have not convinced me of jack shit so far, but im finally going to start rooting for them now that they are facing Brazil.

MrSerrels

rodvik said:
Agree with this.

Maybe its the old man in me but so far there are no players who every time they get the ball you think "oh shit here it comes!"

Some fabulous goals to be sure but no players who stand out as obviously megastars.

Nah, I think the current crop of superstars are every bit as good. Don't get me wrong, I grew up with Bergkamp, Zidane, Cantona, Zola, Del Piero, Gascoigne, etc, etc, but regardless of how some of the big players have performed this world cup we'll look back on their goals and moments just as much.

Messi
Ronaldo
Torres
Rooney
Villa
Sanchez
Xavi
Iniesta

Yeah, some of these players have underperformed, but what some of these guys do at club level is phenomenal. It's just been a bit of a shitty world cup so far really.

I'm wearing my netherlands Jersey for the first half next game just to piss off the group I'm watching it with...than the Robinho jersey comes on for good.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
LOL @ the Dutch commentators. Everyone is afraid of Brazil, how they haven't shown their full potential yet, and that it might come out this friday. Typically Dutch :lol
I haven't seen Holland at full potential either, except maybe Stekelenburg, dude deserves a medal for his performance yesterday. I hope vPersie, Robben, Kuyt, Sneijder and Van Bommel go all out this friday and show Kaka & Friends who's boss.

Arjen

neorej said:
LOL @ the Dutch commentators. Everyone is afraid of Brazil, how they haven't shown their full potential yet, and that it might come out this friday. Typically Dutch :lol
I haven't seen Holland at full potential either, except maybe Stekelenburg, dude deserves a medal for his performance yesterday. I hope vPersie, Robben, Kuyt, Sneijder and Van Bommel go all out this friday and show Kaka & Friends who's boss.

Except van der Gijp, he really tore Brasil a new one yesterday :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom