• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 6/28: Netherlands Vs. Slovakia, Brazil vs. Chile |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kabouter said:
So much arrogance here, hopefully not something shared by the players, or it's NL - Russia all over again.
yeah, i'm shitting my pants right now. But i really think Holland can go all the way if most players are in good shape and if we have a bit of luck.

still... with some refs in this tournament, anything can happen.

Arjen

Kabouter said:
So much arrogance here, hopefully not something shared by the players, or it's NL - Russia all over again.

I'm not overly confident, but in case of Russia, don't forget we had Hiddink as manager against us, he knew exactly how to play against us.

Kabouter

Arjen said:
I'm not overly confident, but in case of Russia, don't forget we had Hiddink as manager against us, he knew exactly how to play against us.
With the tactical versatility Van Marwijk has shown so far, I don't think the Slovakian manager will have too much trouble figuring out how we'll play.

Danielsan

n0n44m said:
we should win it as long as we don't play like Italy

Italy would have conceded against Denmark and Japan as well with that kind of defending, so I'm somewhat confident

when Italy really started to push in the last 20 mins Slovakia looked somewhat tired as well, so we should be able to beat them on fitness

only thing I'm really worried about is the referee .....
Who is the ref this match? Is he notorious for being card happy?
I can't stand refs who keep the game from flowing properly.

Arjen

Kabouter said:
With the tactical versatility Van Marwijk has shown so far, I don't think the Slovakian manager will have too much trouble figuring out how we'll play.

Knowing how we play and how to counter it are two different things though ;)

Kabouter

Arjen said:
Knowing how we play and how to counter it are two different things though ;)
Well, I somehow doubt Slovakia's manager is completely inexperienced/incompetent :p. He probably knows how to counter it if Van Marwijk decides to use virtually the same tactics again, question is whether or not he can counter them.

MMaRsu

Banned
Kabouter said:
I wonder if we'll choke this match or the next :lol
Given media hype and overconfidence, might be sooner than later.

So true and it would be such a shame :(.

COME ON WE CAN DO THISSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Hopefully...

Kurtofan

Danielsan said:
Who is the ref this match? Is he notorious for being card happy?
I can't stand refs who keep the game from flowing properly.
He gave NINE yellow cards in the Germany-Serbia match :lol
Spanish ref:Alberto Undiano.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Kabouter said:

I'm always suspect of NL in the first stage of knockouts. I actually think if they make it past this game Brazil will almost be easier :lol

He gave NINE yellow cards in the Germany-Serbia match
Spanish ref:Alberto Undiano.

awww fuuuuuuuu NL needs players for brazil game if they win :(

Roelatie

bad-joey said:
Second that. If we (Holland) lose today mods can permaban me; I'm confident that we will win.
There is absolutely no chance that we are losing to Slovakia. Mark my words!

I'm so excited right now, just a few hours left :)
lol!

I was thinking the same way but then i remembered Russia and our traitor Guus Hiddink! :lol.

I am also feeling a little tension! lets hope Holland will be unleashed! right now we havent seen shit from them!

Danielsan

Roelatie said:
lol!

I was thinking the same way but then i remembered Russia and our traitor Guus Hiddink! :lol.

I am also feeling a little tension! lets hope Holland will be unleashed! right now we havent seen shit from them!
We need a goal against us in the first 15 minutes.
That should unleash the team. :lol

duckroll

Xater said:
Completely agree, but the matches today will probably still be really entertaining. For Portugal vs. Spain I expect a diving competition not a football match. ;)

Come on now. Torres didn't dive, he was shot by an invisible sniper! :lol

CAVE343

Roelatie said:
lol!

No way that history is gonna repeat itself. We were on fire back then in the groupfase, now we're just starting. I'm calling it now, if we don't win I'm going for the permaban.

People saying we are arrogant/overconfident just don't have faith in the team. We're playing Slovakia, this isn't Brazil yet!

Danielsan

bad-joey said:
No way that history is gonna repeat itself. We were on fire back then in the groupfase, now we're just starting. I'm calling it now, if we don't win I'm going for the permaban.

People saying we are arrogant just don't have faith in the team. We're playing Sloavkia, this isn't Brazil yet!
They have yet to show anything that warrants any fate.

Ephemeris

No real personal allegiances for today's games
maybe Brazil
. I just need some more delicious gif-goodness

105z53q.jpg

thy_ said:
:O
He got fouled, spit on, sent off and spit on again without actually doing anything.

Really now :lol

That guy use to fall to the ground crying " foul " by just looking at him the wrong way or sneezing in his general direction .

Rijkaard put that to the test here and it worked fabulous , he kept on diving so more players started to test him in that same minute !
In the end he was also send off for acting , without a Oscar though :D

Awesome moments :lol

owlbeak

I really enjoy soccer/futbol but some of these guys are bigger babies than NBA players, and that's saying A LOT! :lol

kottila

Horsebite said:
I really enjoy soccer/futbol but some of these guys are bigger babies than NBA players, and that's saying A LOT! :lol

One has to blame FIFA for all this. They've seen this happen more and more over the years without wanting to do anything about it.

Holland baby !

Let's hope we can break Slovakia's tight defence. I hope there will be a quick goal for either side so the match opens up a bit with one or both teams leaving room for nice attack play.

faridmon

duckroll said:
Come on now. Torres didn't dive, he was shot by an invisible sniper! :lol
That was Italy :lol

honestly, i thought Torres tripped, not dived. But he have been crap this WC so I am not going to defend that player.

markao

Three problems for today:

- That card happy ref from the first Germany game (someone still has that pic :D ) and we already have half the team, on one yellow card.
- Hamsik, there's a huge gap in between are central defenders and van Bommel/de Jong, he could exploit.
- Arjen don't break down, please ;)

If the players really believe they can win this tournament, Slovakia should not be a real problem, so lets hope on one more stress free afternoon.

kottila

markao said:
Three problems for today:

- That card happy ref from the first Germany game (someone still has that pic :D ) and we already have half the team, on one yellow card.
- Hamsik, there's a huge gap in between are central defenders and van Bommel/de Jong, he could exploit.
- Arjen don't break down, please ;)

If the players really believe they can win this tournament, Slovakia should not be a real problem, so lets hope on one more stress free afternoon.

Don't they erase all the cards (but not suspensions) from the group stage? They've always done that in the championships.

Visceir

I put 20$ on a Holland win.

Their first 2 games were a bit rocky. Missed the last game when Robben played, hope him and the team live up to all the hype. I predict a rocky first half.

Ataturk

faridmon said:
Is it wierd to want to see Chile win? I don't why but i have soome sort affection towards Chile...
I'm the same. It's because of the fearlessness they show in throwing men forward, for me it's fascinating and I'd love to see it work against Brazil but I fear they'll take advantage of it on the counter.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
faridmon said:
people in thread are way understimating Slovakia. they beat Italy lads.

Have you seen Italy? They were slightly better than 2 years ago and we relentlesly pounded on the Italians back then.

Hawkie

faridmon said:
people in thread are way understimating Slovakia. they beat Italy lads.

You just know if Slovakia sneak a goal they're just gonna sit there with 9 men camped in their own half. There's also a good chance they will play for penalties right from the start so the Dutch will have to be on top form today to break these guys down. Width will be crucial if the Dutch are going to progress.

Now that England are out, Holland and Germany are the teams I'll be cheering on. My ideal scenario is a Holland Germany final with the Germans winning.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
J Tourettes said:
Now that England are out, Holland and Germany are the teams I'll be cheering on. My ideal scenario is a Holland Germany final with the Germans winning.

aww you almost had the perfect scenario described, except the end bit there.

I put 20 on the dutchies and 30 on the brazilians. Lets go footballll

RaGe_pt

Netherlands and Brazil will go through naturally I guess. I think we will see a great van persie and sneijder today =)

RaGe_pt said:
Netherlands and Brazil will go through naturally I guess. I think we will see a great van persie and sneijder today =)
Yeah, on paper and from what i've seen this tournament. It should happen, but there has to be at least one upset in the round of 16, other wise it wouldn't be the world cup. So i think, it should be Netherlands and Chile.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Sadist said:
Wow the giant thread got killed? No way.

best thing to happen. not a single fault and a fast forum again since then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom