• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 7/03: Argentina vs. Germany, Paraguay vs Spain |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
SalsaShark said:
So?

Brazil =/= Uruguay

I dont see your point.

Uruguay couldn't even beat France. Last time we encountered Les Bleus, it ended in tears. I'm not saying Uruguay doesn't stand a chance against the Orange Lions, but it'll be their first big test this tournament. And considering they're missing three key-players, chances are that they won't pass this test.

farnham

Banned
Wow i just read an article that the Argentinians (Fans and Players) still want Maradonna as their coach. And honestly i will root for them the next WC if Maradonna stays as coach.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
farnham said:
Wow i just read an article that the Argentinians (Fans and Players) still want Maradonna as their coach. And honestly i will root for them the next WC if Maradonna stays as coach.

I felt kinda sad that Maradonna left the tournament. His pressconferences were among the top sit-coms.

Salsa

neorej said:
Uruguay couldn't even beat France. Last time we encountered Les Bleus, it ended in tears. I'm not saying Uruguay doesn't stand a chance against the Orange Lions, but it'll be their first big test this tournament. And considering they're missing three key-players, chances are that they won't pass this test.

Even though i dont agree with "our first big test" in this WC, i do agree that it will be our biggest yet.

France was the first game, we havent been in a WC for some time now, and we werent playing even near our top-game. Later games prove it.

Caceres is our wild-card. Everyone here is surprised he hasnt showed up yet. Cant wait to see what he`ll bring to the table.

farnham

Banned
neorej said:
I felt kinda sad that Maradonna left the tournament. His pressconferences were among the top sit-coms.
Aside of the fact that he is pure comedy. It seemed to me that he and the Argentinian Players are like a big family. It was just entertaining to see how they played. Unfortunately Loew was just a better tactician then Maradona and he failed as a coach.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
confuziz said:
:lol

I tell you,

nah-ah.

Spain has too many flaws to bring down the German machine
I just hope the Dutch flaws will be fixed before we reach the finals so we can get even for '74

Salsa

Always-honest said:
tears. just sweet bitter tears :D

Dont worry man, there wont be tears. Even if we lose.

In other news: It seems like when Argentina went home, most of the players and even Maradona werent in the arriving bus. They left all of their freakin fans waiting for them for nothing. Really dumb move from them, way to disrespect your people.

Tabarez, Forlan, etc already said that they ALL agreed to return here to do interviews, to see the fans, to celebrate with the people, and recieve their deserved ovation. Keep in mind there`s only about 2 Uruguayan players that actually live in Uruguay at this moment, so there`s no obligation for them to come here. They are taking the proper time to do what is right. This is how you do it.

Arjen

SalsaShark said:

Tabarez, Forlan, etc already said that they ALL agreed to return here to do interviews, to see the fans, to celebrate with the people, and recieve their deserved ovation. Keep in mind there`s only about 2 Uruguayan players that actually live in Uruguay at this moment, so there`s no obligation for them to come here. They are taking the proper time to do what is right. This is how you do it.

That's pretty awesome.

SalsaShark said:
there will. Suarez will cry his eyes out. resulting in an awefull year at Ajax. everybody wins.
i wish you the best of luck. just joking around here

Chuckie

Always-honest said:
there will. Suarez will cry his eyes out. resulting in an awefull year at Ajax. everybody wins.

I'd rather see Uruguay lose without Suarez, but win the 'Small final' and becoming third with Suarez. That way Uruguay gets a nice third spot, everybody loves Suarez, Suarez gets sold so no longer will play for Ajax... everybody wins.

Salsa

Always-honest said:

I know dude :lol

Yeah im thinking Suarez is already going to another, maybe bigger team after this WC.

He has definetly shown his stuff

What surprises me most about this goal is the fact that everyone says this horrible ball is really hard to manage in shots like that, and give it that kind of effect (its called "comba" in spanish, dont know the english term). Seems Suarez got the hang of it.

faridmon said:
I wonder how is Ajaxs views on Suarezs handball, will he be sold or will he stay, only time will tell :lol

He`s only going up from here man, see video above.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
faridmon said:
I wonder how is Ajaxs views on Suarezs handball, will he be sold or will he stay, only time will tell :lol

Ajax' view doesn't matter, how Spanish and Italian clubs see it is what matters. Suarez will probably go after this WC and his domination in the Eredivisie (topscorer by miles). Pantelic is as good as gone, dude is crazy thinking he's worth 16 million for not doing shit.
I just hope for Ajax they don't lose too many players; about 25% of their basic squad was already scouted by foreign clubs, another 25% is playing themselves into the field of vision of several clubs (no-one can ignore Stekelenburg after Slovakia and Brazil, he only has 3 goals against, none of them his fault).

So Ajax was being "yay!" after securing the Champion's League prelimenaries, after this tournament they'll worrying about how to fill in the gaps.

faridmon

neorej said:
Ajax' view doesn't matter, how Spanish and Italian clubs see it is what matters. Suarez will probably go after this WC and his domination in the Eredivisie (topscorer by miles). Pantelic is as good as gone, dude is crazy thinking he's worth 16 million for not doing shit.
I just hope for Ajax they don't lose too many players; about 25% of their basic squad was already scouted by foreign clubs, another 25% is playing themselves into the field of vision of several clubs (no-one can ignore Stekelenburg after Slovakia and Brazil, he only has 3 goals against, none of them his fault).

So Ajax was being "yay!" after securing the Champion's League prelimenaries, after this tournament they'll worrying about how to fill in the gaps.
Ajaz is very well known to sell all of thier big players at ones. I wouldn't be surprised if someone bought him actually. That is what makes other Top club in the league understimate Ajax :lol

Juicy Bob

Patrick Bateman said:
autobahn86ug.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

That's a good one!

2San

neorej said:
Spain has too many flaws to bring down the German machine
I just hope the Dutch flaws will be fixed before we reach the finals so we can get even for '74
What flaws? Their flaw is mainly playing too much on the attack(literally everyone playing on the opponents half) that leaves them open for counter against a normal footballing nation they aren't forced to play that way. They'll have enough space to do their passing game when the opponents doesn't play so close to each other. Though Torres is being pretty sucky.

SamuraiX-

tirant said:
Good final game. Football needs a new World Cup Champion. :)

Why is that people keep saying this?

The world doesn't need a new World Cup champion. What the world needs is to see that the better team wins and that they win in a fair, safe, and unbiased manner. FIFA has done a terrible job this World Cup by disregarding all the bullshit that has happened and still refuse to implement new rules that can reestablish the integrity that has diluted away from the game that we all love.

2San said:
What flaws? Their flaw is mainly playing too much on the attack(literally everyone playing on the opponents half) that leaves them open for counter against a normal footballing nation they aren't forced to play that way. They'll have enough space to do their passing game when the opponents doesn't play so close to each other. Though Torres is being pretty sucky.

I watched the Spain vs. Paraguay game. Spain looked completely uncoordinated in their passing game. If a team like Paraguay was able to throw them off, they have absolute no chance against Germany's defense.

Juicy Bob said:
Also, those of you worried about having to wait four years for the next World Cup, only actually need to wait for a year...

although i believe women can compete in almost every sport, they REALLY suck ass in soccer.

Me and ten of my friends (who never played for a soccer team) could easily beat the world champion in women soccer.

seriously.. it's horrible to look at because they are so bad.

Ofcourse there ARE some women with a bit of more talent ad could even play in a mens team, but thee isn't a female soccer team that really shines as a whole.

xbhaskarx

Tence said:
Well appearantly we get some support from the Moluccan Islands in East-Indonesia:

No you don't, because Indonesia is one of those populous countries that "doesn't care" about the World Cup, according to that dude in the original WC thread.

2San

SamuraiX- said:
I watched the Spain vs. Paraguay game. Spain looked completely uncoordinated in their passing game. If a team like Paraguay was able to throw them off, they have absolute no chance against Germany's defense.
Paraguay played really close to each other. I don't know how to say it in English, but it's something like keeping the lines close to each other. Which basically means really compact playing. Germany uses the whole field which gives more leeway for bad passes. Spain lacks a winger to force a bigger field, but they don't need that against Germany. The difference between Germany and Paraguay is that the whole Paraguay team defends and doesn't want to go forwards unless there is a counter.

tirant

SamuraiX- said:

:lol :lol

Chuckie

Always-honest said:
eh.. :p.. now they wanna be WITH us all of a sudden?

well maybe Van Bronkhorst is causing this to some extend

Lol, these are Moluccans who live there not the ones in the Netherlands ;)
Van Bronckhorst does have to do with it, but they are actually relatively pro-holland in de eastern provinces of Indonesia (and we're a bit 'hated' in the western provinces haha)

xbhaskarx said:
No you don't, because Indonesia is one of those populous countries that "doesn't care" about the World Cup, according to that dude in the original WC thread.

:lol You are right... I forgot about that guy and his reliable research

Visceir

Arjen said:
Didn't he resign after the game?

"Dunga coached the national team in the 2010 FIFA World Cup and was dismissed by the Brazilian Football Confederation following the team's elimination in the quarter finals." - From his wiki site.

Chuckie

Visceir said:
"Dunga coached the national team in the 2010 FIFA World Cup and was dismissed by the Brazilian Football Confederation following the team's elimination in the quarter finals." - From his wiki site.

You made that entry yourself didn't you!

;)

As far as I know he resigned after the match, the rest of the staff was then put on non-active by the Brasilian football association.

Juicy Bob

But just how much was Brazil's loss Dunga's fault? Was it his fault Brazil were made to pay for two instances of comically bad defending? (Not taking anything away from the Dutch, though)

Arjen

Juicy Bob said:
But just how much was Brazil's loss Dunga's fault? Was it his fault Brazil were made to pay for two instances of comically bad defending? (Not taking anything away from the Dutch, though)

Dunga played different than Brazil normally does, lots of defending midfielders.
Only way he would've gotten away with that was by winning the cup

Juicy Bob said:

He's the coach, he is responsible. Should have placed better players in those positions, prepared his team better, etc.

faridmon

*Sigh* another day without football, Can't wait for the league season to start, I am itching to see how different cubs fares after the WC.

come on, hurry up august.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
faridmon said:
*Sigh* another day without football, Can't wait for the league season to start, I am itching to see how different cubs fares after the WC.

come on, hurry up august.

Calm down, first we've got the semi's, the consolation-final and the Final of Titans this WC, then we've got a few weeks of rest, and then the preliminaries for Europa League and Champions League start.

Raydeen

I watched the Germany game at a German BBQ wearing a German hat eating Currywurst and Weiners while flirting with a beautiful German girl. I kneel before my German footballing overlords! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom