• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 7/03: Argentina vs. Germany, Paraguay vs Spain |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

SMH at Ballack hate, that guy is a LEGEND.

anyway, when do we get that Octupus prediction on Spain Germany match? I am actually itching to know :lol

thy_

Wellscha said:

2utjkpd.jpg
dxi8vp.jpg
v7a7br.jpg
258w2v6.jpg

sexy beast

faridmon said:
anyway, when do we get that Octupus prediction on Spain Germany match? I am actually itching to know :lol
Don't know that but the PETA wanted that the aquarium sets him free. They said they'd "think about it on Monday".

So, they probably let him predict secretly and if Germany is the winner, you'll hear about it. If Spain is predicted we will probably never hear again from that thing and it will end up in some ocean or will be killed :lol

faridmon

Milchmonster said:
Don't know that but the PETA wanted that the aquarium sets him free. They said they'd "think about it on Monday".

So, they probably let him predict secretly and if Germany is the winner, you'll hear about it. If Spain is predicted will probably never hear again from that thing and it will end up in some ocean or will be killed :lol
So if we don't hear about it, then the cup is all Spains huh? Gotcha...

:/

Funky Papa said:
what have they done to your family Paul? :(

Noshino said:
Ah, you are supporting Netherlands, no wonder.

But yes, Brazil has always been favorite, it has been like that for the past 3 or so world cups... as a matter of fact, during Germany 06 and S Africa 10, both Spain AND Brazil had been on top when it came to being the favorites to winning the cup.

Anyone that knows football....well, knows that

Not awesome enough to hold this

nfh6s9.jpg

:p

fortunately, sneijder was awesome enough

ArjanN

Milchmonster said:

So, they probably let him predict secretly and if Germany is the winner, you'll hear about it. If Spain is predicted we will probably never hear again from that thing and it will end up in some ocean or will be killed :lol

I kind of assumed they already had the squid sit on every possible flag combination, and then they just show the one picture that corresponds with the outcome they think is mostly likely.

Wellscha

Thy_ , Salasa. Thanks for the avatars :)

Since the beginning of this tournament we were labeled as "just another team" and no one expected us to go this far. It was the blood, sweat and tears of these players who worked so hard for us. Their fans who stood by them and cheered again and again and again.

Come on my AwesomeGuayan brothers! the moment we waited 60 years for is coming closer! Let us stand together and support our team with our hearts out!

espn2.jpg

Can't photoshop a third WC trophy :'(

Salsa

Wellscha said:

Since the beginning of this tournament we were labeled as "just another team" and no one expected us to go this far. It was the blood, sweat and tears of these players who worked so hard for us. Their fans who stood by them and cheered again and again and again.

Come on my AwesomeGuayan brothers! the moment we waited 60 years for is coming closer! Let us stand together and support our team with our hearts out!

Im so gonna be shitting my pants by Tuesday. Im thinking ill be drunk at 3pm. My lungs will explode.

msv

Noshino said:
Anyone that knows football....well, knows that
As you can see, being a favorite doesn't mean much in the end. If it meant as much as these cocksure bastards are implying they would've bet their life savings. But of course they know that and are just bitching because they expected to win because of their arrogance, and instead got demolished :lol

Wellscha said:

Yeah, the road was hard. With South-Korea and Ghana and all. Please, Uruguay has nothing on Spain, Germany and Holland.

Haunted

Wellscha said:
Come on my AwesomeGuayan brothers! the moment we waited 60 years for is coming closer! Let us stand together and support our team with our hearts out![/spoiler]
Fourth place? :p

Uruguay hasn't had a strong opponent yet, so the Netherlands will be their first real trial in this tournament. If they take that hurdle though, they deserve to advance to the final, luck of the draw or not.

You guys should be happy for getting farther than Brazil and Argentina (and I'm sure you are :D). When was the last time that happened? 1954?

Wellscha

Haunted said:
Fourth place? :p

world_cup_trophy.jpg

BELIEVE!

Haunted said:
Uruguay hasn't had a truly strong opponent yet, so the Netherlands will be rheir first proper trial in this WC. If they take that hurdle though, they deserve to advance to the final, luck of the draw or not.

Cmon Haunted. Don't you feel it? way deep deep down that Uruguay can do an upset that would shake the entire world to its core? Can't you Haunted?

ClosingADoor said:
Yeah, the road was hard. With South-Korea and Ghana and all. Please, Uruguay has nothing on Spain, Germany and Holland.

Hey, you're not keeping in mind how they obviously outclassed their opponents in each game. It wasn't as though their only hope was to luck it out in pennos against better teams.

Haunted

Wellscha said:
Cmon Haunted. Don't you feel it? way deep deep down that Uruguay can do an upset that would shake the entire world to its core? Can't you Haunted?
Holy shit. Now that you say it like this! holy shit holy shit...

nope, nothing. Uruguay is a good team and acknowledged by everyone as such, but they're simply not of the same calibre as the others still left in the tournament [and a few who're already out].

Spirit of Jazz said:
Hey, you're not keeping in mind how they obviously outclassed their opponents in each game. It wasn't as though their only hope was to luck it out in pennos against better teams.
:lol ass

Ghana was better in extra time, but the game was pretty equal before that.

Wellscha said:
Cmon Haunted. Don't you feel it? way deep deep down that Uruguay can do an upset that would shake the entire world to its core?
Yeah, just like Turkey and Worst Korea in 2002, Croatia in 1998, Sweden and Bulgaria in 1994, and so on :p

But hey, best of luck to Uruguay, they're a good team.

I still think they'll be destroyed by the Netherlands, but who knows, stranger things have happened.

Enosh

wait, they already did the prediction?

why isn't there the spanish coat of arms on the flag, it's usualy on it

edit:

634130716050096526.jpg

knew it, unless he magicly assumed the exact same position

Enosh said:

That's what the octopus was trying to point out, "hey there's no coat of arms on this shit", it wasn't actually picking the winning team.

edit: or.. yeah, 'shop work.

Wellscha

If the octopus next prediction is a loss, Mick Jagger will cancel him out if he cheers for Spain so back to square one. :D

Dont forget the Nike curse with Klose yo :p

Enosh

Wellscha said:
If the octopus next prediction is a loss, Mick Jagger will cancel him out if he cheers for Spain so back to square one. :D

Dont forget the Nike curse with Klose yo :p
Spanish players were also in the nike add :D

Wellscha

SalsaShark said:
What is wrong with being in the top 4 ? with being Southamerica`s representation in the top 4 ?

I am fucking proud.

We should aim Higher. see? Can you see it?

world_cup_trophy.jpg

We shouldn't stop halfway yknow :)

Regardless, I'm proud :)

Enosh said:
Spanish players were also in the nike add :D

Uruguay WC 2010 Champions! :D

Mt Heart Attack said:
Yeah, just like Turkey and Worst Korea in 2002, Croatia in 1998, Sweden and Bulgaria in 1994, and so on :p

But hey, best of luck to Uruguay, they're a good team.

I still think they'll be destroyed by the Netherlands, but who knows, stranger things have happened.

And what if they pulled a Greece? :D

MrHicks

Banned
Enosh said:

edit:

634130716050096526.jpg

knew it, unless he magicly assumed the exact same position

haha fake:lol
i can't wait for paul's REAL prediction

any idea when thats gonna be?
i have no idea what the original website/source of that octopus is he just gets posted on every football site on the net whenever he picks something:lol

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Maradona's World Cup?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/latin_america/10500390.stm

_48247601_009737540-1.jpg

A replica World Cup trophy seized by anti-drugs police in Colombia is made out of cocaine, lab tests have confirmed.

The 36cm (14in) statue was found in a delivery crate at Bogota airport.

The crate was in an airmail warehouse waiting to be sent to an address in Spain, airport anti-drug chief Jose Piedrahita said.

In another development, a submarine built by drug-traffickers was found in Ecuador before its maiden voyage.

The World Cup replica was made up of 11kg (24 lb) of the drug, mixed with acetone or gasoline to make it mouldable.

The gold-painted statue was found on a routine sweep of the airport on Friday, authorities said.

Dresden

They'll probably send Ballack in to the tank in scuba gear to beat the hell out of the octopus, just to make sure it picks the right side. They're intelligent animals. And it's not like Ballack is doing anything else lately.

Salsa

Wellscha said:
We should aim Higher. see? Can you see it?

http://backpost.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/world_cup_trophy.jpg[/ IMG]

We shouldn't stop halfway yknow :)

[spoiler]Regardless, I'm proud :) [/spoiler]

Uruguay WC 2010 Champions! :D[/QUOTE]

Of course we are aiming higher, im just saying that im just as proud as a man can be. Even if we do lose, im gonna keep smiling in front of all the "BAWAHBAHBHAHA YOU LOSE, SEE !? I TOLD YOU" :)

Wellscha

Haunted said:
Klose is in the Write the Future ad?

Someone mentioned a couple of pages back that he saw a Nike ad with Klose in it. Haven't seen it myself though.

Btw, a friend of mine is looking for some German flag face paint sticks. Anyone know a website that would ship it by Wednesday morning?

Stridone

Banned
Wellscha said:

Lol, people will be proud of anything these days... You had the easiest possible road to the semifinals, and even then you only won from Ghana by fouling your way out of the loss. You are just another team, with a nice heap of luck. That's great and all but you're really taking more credit than is deserved.

Support all you want, the dutchies are going to crush you on tuesday.

Wellscha

Stridone said:
Lol, people will be proud of anything these days... You had the easiest possible road to the semifinals, and even then you only won from Ghana by fouling your way out of the loss. You are just another team, with a nice heap of luck. That's great and all but you're really taking more credit than is deserved.

Keep em coming!

keep em coming! :lol :lol

Stridone said:
Support all you want, the dutchies are going to crush you on tuesday.

We'll see about that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom