• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 7/03: Argentina vs. Germany, Paraguay vs Spain |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

2San

n0n44m said:
it was more that he looked like the Huntelaar that didn't get any playing time at Real

the Huntelaar that performed below average during the first weeks of training in Austria

the Huntelaar that hardly got any playing time in the friendlies

I was glad when I heard he was doing well in the training, as he seemed a good option to replace van Persie. His short stints against Japan and Slovakia made me sorta hopeful even

but that chance, and especially the way he fucked it up, with no sense of urgency or whatever ... it just destroyed any hope I had about him doing it better than van Persie :( especially with regards to mutual understanding among his fellow players

it could have been a critical point in the game, and Germany plays out these types of situations with their eyes closed at the moment
Huntelaar that had the best goal per minute ratio at Milan?

Huntelaar that has the best goal per game ration in the team? He's the one that pulled the weight during the qualifiers.

Huntelaar that scores goals despite hardly playing?

Of course RvP never fucked up clear goal scoring chances, because he held the ball far too long?

The guy gets no confidence from anyone and is expected to score in 20 mins when our main striker didn't do shit for 70 mins. RvP comes out of injury plays a good friendly and suddenly he's the messiah?

Enosh

Blablurn said:
bc-wm-11-bayern-16875425-1278255699.jpg

11 players from BAAAAAYEEERN are playing in the semi-finals.

we're so awesome.
high five

rodvik

soultron said:
This. Also, the World Cup is about unity through the game. Why trash another nation just because you're either bitter that your side's out or worried your side could get totally underdog'd by someone?

Talk about your own team, poorly if you will, but don't outright trash other teams. :]

Hold on right there man. I know you are like GAFJesus but being good has its limits. If we dont get to trash other teams then essentially the world cup is over, you are killing the world cup. Since WW2 our ability to get all of our international hatred out every 4 years has held us in good stead. Dont take that away from us! :D

farnham

Banned
Im really interested what kind of Role Ballack will play for the german team in the comming years.

He brought the German team a lot of great achievements (2nd Place WC 2002, 2nd Place EC 2008 and 3rd Place WC 2006) but the Teams seems to be even better without him.

Blablurn

farnham said:
Im really interested what kind of Role Ballack will play for the german team in the comming years.

He brought the German team a lot of great achievements (2nd Place WC 2002, 2nd Place EC 2008 and 3rd Place WC 2006) but the Teams seems to be even better without him.

if he's smart he quits.

Alucard

Banned
The German team is pure quality. From back to front, they're the best team left in the tournament. However, a single mistake in a game can get them knocked out. The WC takes skill, but also plenty of luck. (see: Italy 2006)

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Blablurn said:
if he's smart he quits.

He should. Germany has a really incredible young squad and they should concenrate on that.

It will be a shame to see players like Ballack and probably Klose retire but there's enough new talent to replace them.

Facism

Haunted said:
Mesut Özil. Don't call him "the turkish dude", it's disrespectful. He's German, German-born, even his parents are German-born. A third-generation German player shouldn't be called "the turkish dude".

so he's 100% German then. Glad we got this out there.

Noshino

2San said:
What...?

So even if Brazil fields a shitty team they are still favorites? Past results don't mean shit if the team changes every time. Do you only watch international football or something? We have a better midfield and our forwards are slightly better as well(I say slightly, because we lack a CF and van Marwijk doesn't want to field Huntelaar so I can't make an assessment, all our forwards next to the CF position are better). Defense of Brazil is a lot better(though playing with 3DM's! helps with that). I'd say Brazil has a better keeper, but Stekelenburg is really really solid.

Ah, you are supporting Netherlands, no wonder.

But yes, Brazil has always been favorite, it has been like that for the past 3 or so world cups... as a matter of fact, during Germany 06 and S Africa 10, both Spain AND Brazil had been on top when it came to being the favorites to winning the cup.

Anyone that knows football....well, knows that

Blablurn said:
bc-wm-11-bayern-16875425-1278255699.jpg

11 players from BAAAAAYEEERN are playing in the semi-finals.

we're so awesome.

Not awesome enough to hold this

nfh6s9.jpg

:p

tirant

Alucard said:
The German team is pure quality. From back to front, they're the best team left in the tournament. However, a single mistake in a game can get them knocked out. The WC takes skill, but also plenty of luck. (see: Italy 2006)

man for man, Spain is better.

But Germany has played the best football so far in the Worldcup.

Noshino

tirant said:
man for man, Spain is better.

But Germany has played the best football so far in the Worldcup.

Exactly. Their way of reading plays has been exceptional, well, not so much during the first few matches, but while playing Argentina, they just knew how, where, and when to move. Its as if the freaks were communicating telepathically :lol .

Enosh

farnham said:
worldcup should be every 2 years

cant wait for another 4 years
meh, it's the euro cup in 2 years, can't complain, world cup every 2 years would take something special away from it

farnham

Banned
Enosh said:
meh, it's the euro cup in 2 years, can't complain, world cup every 2 years would take something special away from it
eurocup isnt as fun as worldcup

no guays no koreas and no maradona

farnham said:

Fuck Ballack. Fuck his shitty boss-attitude. El Capitano my ass. I like the current German team better. There's a bunch of guys with almost the same age and they all have their roles to fit in, but not one of them is saying "I'M THE BOSS!!" like Ballack did so many times..

Karud

Patrick Bateman said:
Fuck Ballack. Fuck his shitty boss-attitude. El Capitano my ass. I like the current German team better. There's a bunch of guys with almost the same age and they all have their roles to fit in, but not one of them is saying "I'M THE BOSS!!" like Ballack did so many times..

/signed

Haunted

Ballack is fantastic. If he wants to go back to the team after the WC and play until Euro 2012, he'll be welcomed with open arms, of course.

Very important to have a healthy mix of experienced players and young guns in the squad, guys like Klose, Butt, Friedrich and Ballack are vital to the team and the growth of younger players.

smh @ people turning against Ballack. One of our few world class players.

farnham said:

Thats what the Copa America is for. All the guays you could ever want. And none of the diving! And only 3 crappy teams out of 12 (bolivia, peru, venezuela)

World Cup > Copa America > Euro > Gold Cup 1 > Gold Cup 2

As far as I know, the asian, african and oceania cups are not available for viewing in north america, so I excluded them.

Haunted

jamesinclair said:
Thats what the Copa America is for. All the guays you could ever want. And none of the diving! And only 3 crappy teams out of 12 (bolivia, peru, venezuela)

World Cup > Copa America > Euro > Gold Cup 1 > Gold Cup 2

As far as I know, the asian, african and oceania cups are not available for viewing in north america, so I excluded them.
Nah.

Pretty sure each continental cup is most important to the respective people living there.

If you want to get all technical, there are more strong teams at the Euro than any other continental cup. Second most popular football tournament in the world after the WC for a reason.

Aegus

farnham said:
worldcup should be every 2 years

cant wait for another 4 years

No. The 4 years till 2014 gives me enough time to scrape together the money to get to Brazil and watch the ladies....football.

Hopefully Sweden qualify.

feel

farnham said:

In europe it's considered almost as great as the world cup. Same drama, tears, emotion, etc. But it's understandable that the rest of the world doesn't care.

Cosmozone

Ballack is surely a better player than Khedira. And of course it's better to have both Ballack and Schweinsteiger to compensate for game bans or light injuries. His personality could raise some problems, though.

farnham

Banned
Letters said:
In europe it's considered almost as great as the world cup. Same drama, tears, emotion, etc. But it's understandable that the rest of the world doesn't care.
uh.. I AM in Europe. and no its not as great as worldcup. not even almost

Cosmozone said:
Ballack is surely a better player than Khedira. And of course it's better to have both Ballack and Schweinsteiger to compensate for game bans or light injuries. His personality could raise some problems, though.

he was always considered a good captain. now suddenly everybody hates him and bashes him

Zhund0r

Neo Member
Patrick Bateman said:

309445673-ballack-podolski-watschn.9.jpg

:p

farnham

Banned
Enosh said:
that just means you are a bad european not that the euro cup isn't great :D
aw cmon EC srsly lacks variety in comparison to the WC

there is no brazil, no argentina, no mexico, no guays, no asian teams, no african teams.. sure EC is entertaining and all but its not even close compared to the WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom