• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Final Fantasy |OT| Lightning Inside

LiK

Okay,
talking to Sherlotta in the key. Head to the ice region and her cabin, watch the cutscene - if you did already, you have to head to the front of Icicle ridge to meet Refia. That should get you going? After you finish the whole sequence there, make sure to retrieve the reward for finishing the quest, and that will solve your second issue.

Yea, this step was screwed up. The waypoint was messed up. I wonder if 1.02 patch fixed that. I had to look it up too.

Yea, this step was screwed up. The waypoint was messed up. I wonder if 1.02 patch fixed that. I had to look it up too.

Would I have played on 1.02 or did it just drop? I didn't realise there was no way point until I arrived at Sherlotta's ha definitely a small mistake there

Damn, that's why I'm soo messed up right now, lol. Stupid glitch!

Thank you!!!

Hah, glad you got it dude :)

Supposed to have dropped today for some regions. I don't believe NA has it yet.

I just got it there, the patch notes are adorable <3

This is $20 on vita now. How good/bad is it? Kind of tempted by the price.

I paid around the same price, no regrets at all. It gets a little repetitive towards the end imo in terms of "another dungeon", but the plot is really great and worth experiencing, particularly all the way to the end. Great visuals, character designs, voice acting. I think the only thing I bounced off a little at times was the OST but yea, for that price it's a steal :)

JCX

I'm doing some of the champion quests before I head into the final battle. This game is so damn charming. Really hope it gets a sequel.

How do I access the sora dlc? Where do I even get the sora dlc?

mm, don't think it's up today. Is it tomorrow in Japan? I don't think I ever read anything official for elsewhere so no idea about that sorry. If they do the same as in Japan, and drop it the same day as 2.8, you have a week or so to go. When it does arrive, you can just go to the dlc tab in at the main menu, or the psn store itself.

Cornbread78

Nevermind....

Friggen #%@$%@% @% me so stupid..

One observation, they used Chie's VA from P4G for that little boy and it makes me laugh every time

This vita patch has reminded me, I do need to finish this. I got to the end
(well, the "end")
and haven't completed the rest, despite how much I loved the first load of hours I spent. Ended up starting FFIV again in the meantime as well.

Cornbread78

It's a steal for $20! I've put over 60 hours into it. I won't go for platinum though sonce I don't want to deal with thise stupid minigames or grind endlesssly to max 100 mirages.

Cornbread78

Holy crap, that has got to be one of the most creative and
cutest
closing credits I have ever seen. Died from start to finish... Outstanding.

Strings

I'm kinda curious if the pro fix was just reverting the game to the non-pro version for 1080p screens.

Jaggie-city in the Mako Reactor section, can't possibly be downsampled? Mind you, I have nfi what the actual Pro enhancements were outside of breaking the visuals.

At least I'm back to finally enjoying the game after two months (what a mess).

Been playing this for the past few days after I finished XV and I've enjoyed it so far, although Tama is pretty annoying.

On the plus side, I just got to Saronia and wow, what an awesome remix of eternal wind. I love that you can even here some of 8 bit version in the background. Hamauzu arranging + Uematsu melody = glorious

Cornbread78

Been playing this for the past few days after I finished XV and I've enjoyed it so far, although Tama is pretty annoying.

On the plus side, I just got to Saronia and wow, what an awesome remix of eternal wind. I love that you can even here some of 8 bit version in the background. Hamauzu arranging + Uematsu melody = glorious

Just wait, more glorious music fanservice is coming.

LiK

the music remixes are insanely good. more good shit awaits.

Bishop89

This is a Mirage Board (Chocobo Family). All three Mirages shares the white skills.

This Mirage type can transfigure to the Black Chocobo Family that has a new Mirage Board that didn't share skills with the Chocobo Family Mirage Board... it can transfigure into White Chocobo Family (another Mirage Board) that didn't share skills with Chocobo or Black Chocobo.

that clears it up a bit better for me. Cheers mate

I've got about 15 hours into this now. I like it more than I thought I would!

The leads are super irritating, no question. God I hate their designs, chibi and regular.

I don't like the chibi designs in general, really.

The "world map" is super disappointing after the trailers that made it look more DQ8-ish.

The writing is often groan-worthy. The plot is incoherent, and the way all the classic FF characters are shoehorned in is bizarre.

All that said, the monster collection and evolution is pretty great, and the dungeon environments are really pretty and generally fun to work through, catching monsters, finding secret areas, taking on optional mini-bosses. The music is good too (no surprise there). And, even though the way it drags down the already sloppy plot is a shame, the FF character fan service is solid. The old heroes don't just show up but actually show personality, and it's a treat to see old favorites pop up.

I'm mostly left wanting SE to make a new FF (not a fan-service fest) in this style (but with a much expanded world map).

Just got to the train graveyard and why is there no music?
I would have loved to hear Hamauzu remix "anxioius heart" from FF7.

Speaking of blunders, why isn't Vivi summonable???

MogCakes

Have come back to this game after finishing XV. WoFF's OST keeps dragging me back. Left the twins in the plaza for the background music.

ethomaz

Banned
It's almost refreshing not having to find some pretty silly ways to capture the Digimon, but I guess that is an extra element to WoFF that you can appreciate if you like that extra edge of difficulty.
For now WoFF battle system is way better (it is deep and give more strategy options)... and rely on random battles to get 200% of Digimon is like finding silly ways to capture Miracles :D

PS. I should have played Digimon first and not after WoFF :(

Bishop89

so I got to crystal tower and was shocked with the first summoner battle having to heal non-stop!!

Is there a good place to farm for x-potions and elixirs?
And does treasure hunter stack, and does it need to participate in the battle or can it just be in the party?

I'm in the Crystal Tower right now also.

Think I have most of the champions unlocked and I just realized you can set their combat themes to be the normal battle music lol.

The remixed combat tracks are all amazing... Tidus's is like "Blitz off" with the Suteki da ne melody mixed in. So good.

Bishop89

I'm in the Crystal Tower right now also.

Think I have most of the champions unlocked and I just realized you can set their combat themes to be the normal battle music lol.

The remixed combat tracks are all amazing... Tidus's is like "Blitz off" with the Suteki da ne melody mixed in. So good.

i did not know this!!
Will change straight away!

Audioboxer

Just took down the Thane boss. I'm on easy mode as I got the EXP boost early from capturing the Princess Goblin, and then grinded EXP in the secret chamber of the first dungeon (also to catch baby Shiva/Ifrit). Also got Ifrit and Shiva evolved forms from the colosseum. I know levelling the minis makes for better end-game stats but the evolved forms wreck for mid-game.

So yeah, EZ-mode for me for now :p Still I adore this game. Classic FF mixed with some Kingdom Hearts. The fan service is off the rails as well.
Yuna
was awesome.

Story seems pretty average, but it's inoffensive and carried by charm. No need to overcomplicate things! As I wait for FF15 to be patched I'll continue playing this. I might even end up liking it more than FF15!

Top Bottom