• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Goo, Little Inferno, Human Resource Machine coming to Switch March 3rd

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I think the Switch is going to be a great indie machine.

phanphare

Banned
Imagine if there was a decent account system. You could download these ports again since you've already purchased them before.

I don't think anyone should expect steam-like solutions in the console space

it'd be nice but I think only Microsoft is really doing anything like that and it's not for everything

Moondrop

Banned
Human Resource Machine is fucking great for anyone with a math/logic/programming inclination.

I'm almost done with it and I'm stopping to create the optimal solutions for every puzzle.

Malus

Loved Little Inferno. It was a really memorable experience and relevant to me at the time. I've seen World of Goo played to completion and never seen or played HRM. I'd probably be better served just buying HRM on Wii U, but it's cool to see these games packaged for launch.

edit: Ah they're being sold separately. Guess I'll just be procrastinating on getting HRM for Switch now instead of Wii U lol

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
Sorry if this is repeating another post - Human Resource Machine is a great game. It's designed to teach you the fundamentals of programming, but its presented in the form of a game. You have to move stuff from the inbox to the outbox, but you're also setting up if/then statements and automating everything to make it as efficient as possible. I don't have a programming/mathematics mind, but I'm always trying to stretch myself. It's pretty great.

Possibly worst titled game ever though.

Mr-Joker

Banned
People really rejoicing over ports still?

New flash, not everyone played it or owned the console it was released on. Some liked the game and don't mind double dipping to support the developer.

And some of us become bored of something we've played years ago and like new but equally fun games...crazy eh?

Then don't buy the game instead of coming and derailing the thread, it makes you look childish and annoys everyone else.

So more old games. Not really exciting.

When people have to take a break from Zelda, they are going to want some smaller, less expensive alternatives. It's very smart to have a lot of those options on launch day. Not everyone has played every game so these will be new to a lot of people.

Zero83

Nice, I will re-buy World of Goo at one point. Never tried the other ones, they were too expensive for something I wasn't sure I'd enjoy.

Expect more unannounced indies for launch, and a few more digital and retail games for the launch window. Nothing major though, I'd imagine.

jariw

Yup that's why you can download all your purchased PS1 and PS2 games on the PS4.

The Wii U eShop purchases are listed in the My Nintendo app. Surely this purchase info would be available to the Switch eShop as well. I would want at least to have a system upgrade fee option from nindie developers.

I love Tomorrow Corporation! World of Goo was the first indie game I ever played; even my non-gaming cousin got hooked on it! Little Inferno is a title I still go back to when I just wanna relax. Human Resource Machine is tricky, but engaging. Would definitely pounce on a bundle!

Vandole

Ahhh World of Goo. I had not thought about that game in years. That was easily one of my favorite WiiWare titles. Might just have to play it again tonight. If anyone ever missed out on that, it is a top tier puzzle game. Definitely a must play.

GulAtiCa

Imagine if there was a decent account system. You could download these ports again since you've already purchased them before.

Uhh.. No? These aren't VC.

The Wii U eShop purchases are listed in the My Nintendo app. Surely this purchase info would be available to the Switch eShop as well. I would want at least to have a system upgrade fee option from nindie developers.
Now this would be more likely. Assuming if allowed and even if these devs wanted to do so.

Zero83

Hey it's another thread where we pretend that PS4 and XB1 launches weren't full of ports too.

And the biggest PS4 games were, I'd argue, remasters of GTA V and TLoU - many months later.

Off topic, sorry. No need to continue this discussion in this thread.

Jeels

oh my, any impressions of human resources machine? That seems super interesting. Would love to have that on the go as a compliment to Zelda and Bomberman.

rtrbad

Banned
So other than a few things, the Switch is getting roughly between 5-7 year old games?
I don't get it, I mean whatever sure put more stuff on there but come on.

I mean, most console launches consist of a couple of new games, and a few games brought forward from the previous generation, and a few remasters.

Switch, like any other console, is getting a mix of all of this. I'm assuming you're not just talking about the launch lineup tho, since the 5-7 year thing is the common argument about Skyrim coming to it. Either way, the launch follows the same rule, and more is added to the lineup almost daily.

Zelda is new, but also arguably a port
Snipperclips is new and exclusive IP
ARMS is a new exclusive IP
1-2 Switch is a new exclusive IP
Splatoon is a new entrant
Mario Odyssey is a new entrant
Shovel Knight is coming with a brand new expansion that hits the Switch first, as well as coop and some switch exclusive features.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is a new entrant
MK8 is totally a port, but I think that most people are going to enjoy getting new content for this and wouldn't mind double dipping

Also worth pointing out that most of their big titles just for 2017 are open world games based on Nintendo Franchises, and also Skyrim, so the focus is no longer on only providing quick fix gaming experiences.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
oh my, any impressions of human resources machine? That seems super interesting. Would love to have that on the go as a compliment to Zelda and Bomberman.

I have it on iPad and really like it. It's like a simpler version of a zachtronics game (SpaceChem, infinifactory, and especially TIS-100). You have a series of tasks to carry out that slowly get more complex. You solve them by writing tiny computer programs in a sort of assembler, but it's very straightforward

It adds a layer of extra challenge by having goals for how many steps the program takes to complete (which is also something the zachtronics games do).

Definitely worth getting on switch (or iPad). If you like it, then have a look at the zachtronics games too.

jonno394

Man just watched some gameplay of human resource machine. I think I'd definitely get stuck with no possible way to move on quite early.

Great concept though, just outside of my comfort zone!

trutrutru

trutrutru

New flash, not everyone played it or owned the console it was released on. Some liked the game and don't mind double dipping to support the developer.

Then don't buy the game instead of coming and derailing the thread, it makes you look childish and annoys everyone else.

I stated this earlier. My issue isnt with these games specifically. Just the library in general. But thanks

Neptonic

World of Goo is one of the greatest physics puzzle games of all time. I'll buy it a third time.

EDIT: ^^^^^Dat triple post

leburn98

To clarify. I have no issue with these games. My comments are of the switch library in general

The issue many are having with your post was not specifically about your opinion of the Switch library, but rather that you felt the need to make such a comment in a thread titled "World of Goo, Little Inferno, Human Resource Machine coming to Switch March 3rd".There are plenty of other threads that are more appropriate to discuss the Switch's lineup.

Oregano

Sure, the option could be there but devs would be under no obligation to do that. You can do crossbuy between 3DS and Wii U but lots of devs didn't/don't.

Unicorn

World of Goo was on Wii.

Feels cheap to build a catalog of 5+ year old games like Skyrim and World of Goo.

Every news I read makes me regret selling my Wii U, but I'm holding out hope for a new Animal Crossing and all will be forgiven and I'll be there on day one for AC as with all other Nintendo systems.

Dystify

The Japanese localized versions will come at a later date.

gtDQsYw.png

https://twitter.com/TomorrowCorp/status/824021908047831040

World of Goo was on Wii.

Feels cheap to build a catalog of 5+ year old games like Skyrim and World of Goo.

Every news I read makes me regret selling my Wii U, but I'm holding out hope for a new Animal Crossing and all will be forgiven and I'll be there on day one for AC as with all other Nintendo systems.

Alright.

Kureransu

You made quite the effort there, looking up my posts. Although i stand by that because that game fell so below its potential not having online. It would greatly improve that title. Making it something with a competitive nature at least adds a flavor to the game not fully explored before.

And that, is way different than straight up ports.

But Good effort though
then what about two posts down?

If they can sort the rights out. Ultimate muscle from the gsmecube or even wwf no mercy from the n64.
Also, wasn't that hard at all, you just made the post a little over a week ago. I was replying exactly to what i quoted. You made it seem like wanting play an old game was bad or something.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I'd love to see a Tennis Champs port on Switch. Someone should make a petition or a kickstarter for it.

Top Bottom