• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Goo, Little Inferno, Human Resource Machine coming to Switch March 3rd

hatchx

Banned
World of Goo is absolutely fantastic. If you missed it, well, don't miss it this time.

I wonder if it uses the touchscreen (probably) and if it uses the haptic feedback.

Also wondering if there is some style of pointer-esque controls with the joycon. I know there is no IR, but maybe a virtual-mouse type thing.

Berordn

And some of us become bored of something we've played years ago and like new but equally fun games...crazy eh?

It's almost like you're not obligated to buy them and this isn't stopping any other developer from releasing new games for the system.

trutrutru

These are all games I've never played before, so I don't care if they are port or not.

And thats great. Lot of us have played these before. And some of us also, just like to see a little more ambition out of the 3rd party support. A port of a wii game doesnt exactly scream effort

I absolutely loved these games. Can't wait to replay when Switch drops... in price.

Little Inferno will be a fitting holiday title for me.

I think World of Goo might still be the best indie game I have ever played. Little Inferno is up there too and Human Resource Machine is good but not as great as the others.

Little Inferno was the 1st game I bought for the Wii U, and it was an ABSOLUTE GEM!

If the price is right, I'll double-dip. Will probably pick up the others as I've not played them.

Seik

Banned
And some of us become bored of something we've played years ago and like new but equally fun games...crazy eh?

It's fun that fun games carry-on to future platforms so that people that didn't enjoyed those, like me, have the chance to.

But that's crazy talk, eh?

jonno394

The more the merrier. Never played any of them so they're new to me. Add them to the ever growing list of games i want to get on the switch.

My hype has come a long way from the damage the 13th did and nearly cancelling my preorder!

But you could just buy all of those games for under 10€ on PC, couldn't you? There's some great potential for PC + Switch Humble Bundles here but other than that I think it will be difficult to sell those games again to PC owners. At least for games that have gotten as cheap as those three.

For some reason I thought they literally gave World of Goo away for a while on PC, but I can't find any reference to it. Either way, yes, all three games have gone on sale for less than $10 USD. World of Goo has been as low as $1. All three have also been in Humble Bundles before, though Human Resource Machine has only been in one (makes sense, it's the newest game).

Cool that Switch is getting these games, but I have to agree, they're not going to sell anyone on the platform. World of Goo is probably available on toasters by now.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I think we are all bored with things others enjoy. I could point you to my Steam account, you'd see I barely play most AAA games I buy, whereas simpler arcade games count hours of game time.

Lylo

Wasn't it a Wii game originally?

Yes, it was, the pointing controls were great, i guess they're gonna keep that for the docked mode and use the touchscreen for handheld mode. I think it'll work really well.

Out of those 3 World of Goo is easily my favorite.

jwillenn

That's cool!
I loved World of Goo and Little Inferno! I could consider double dipping, but it will not be a high priority.

http://tomorrowcorporation.com/posts/were-opening-the-tomorrow-corporation-vaults

TCVault-1-575x460.jpg

(March 3rd is also Nintendo Switch's launch date. )

So other than a few things, the Switch is getting roughly between 5-7 year old games?
I don't get it, I mean whatever sure put more stuff on there but come on.

Can't say I'll be re-buying World of Goo when I already own it on three platforms and have replayed it countless time... but cool to see it available on more platforms, I guess. Everyone should play it.

Can't say I cared much for Human Resources Machine or Little Inferno. Would love a proper World of Goo 2 someday...

HRM actually sounds pretty neat. Might have to try it.

Try harder

"NeoGAF is a forum for holding civil, evidence-based discussion. Do not post disingenuously, or in an inflammatory manner for the sole purpose of upsetting others. Negative commentary and minority opinions are not frowned upon, but members are expected to be able to substantiate their positions. At the same time, do not derail threads around yourself or attempt to respond to every single reaction among dozens after posting a comment that is reacted to severely en masse."

Hmmm...

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Can't be very hard to port games to Switch if they announce three at the same time.
Zombie Vikings developpers ported it on Switch, just to experiment it, they're not even sure to sell it.
It must be easy indeed to port games to Switch, knowing that.

Some people, sure.

But your post was incredulous that anyone would look forward to these games, completely ignoring the fact that plenty of people would double dip and even more people would have the opportunity to play these games for the first time.

oti

Banned
So other than a few things, the Switch is getting roughly between 5-7 year old games?

You could always contact the developers and express your dissatisfaction that they DEAR to release their older games on a new platform.

trutrutru

Cuningas de Häme;229023430 said:
HRM actually sounds pretty neat. Might have to try it.

"NeoGAF is a forum for holding civil, evidence-based discussion. Do not post disingenuously, or in an inflammatory manner for the sole purpose of upsetting others. Negative commentary and minority opinions are not frowned upon, but members are expected to be able to substantiate their positions. At the same time, do not derail threads around yourself or attempt to respond to every single reaction among dozens after posting a comment that is reacted to severely en masse."

Hmmm...
I believe we can look at the list of games to substantiate my opinion on the switch library. Secondly. I am not ramming my opinion into this thread. People responded to me. Im responding back. People wanna throw a little attitude or jabs in their responses, and im just returning the favor. If your bugging me about behaviour, please speak to others as well. Thanks

Dystify

If you look at the launch of all recent consoles, you'd notice they are all quite port-heavy. More original games will come with time.

Cynar

Imagine if there was a decent account system. You could download these ports again since you've already purchased them before.

Top Bottom