• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT5| Where we're going, we're gonna need roads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampere

Every time I make an alt, I get a little angrier at the lack of an heirloom tab. I don't know where all this shit is.

Indeed. I wonder if it will work the same way as the toybox and thus if I should collect more Garrosh heirlooms that I don't otherwise care about... hmm.

Gratz!
Its not even mine, I just took it from google ;p

You have sinned... put a screenshot you took!!

Is that my avatar in the middle with... a french flag, beret and mustache...?

lol curse you

Fjordson

Amazing work right here.

The worst is the new cracking Fire sound that's accompanied the mount for a year or so. There's a great sound fix for modifying sound effects in the game that fixes that, though. :)

Someone told me that using the fix (simply creating a sound folder locally with blank or different sound files in it) is against TOS and bannable? How could that be true? Addons seem to do a lot more 'modifying' and introduce their own sound effects, too. What gives?
Interesting. So they added a sound effect to it recently? I mean I wouldn't know since I've never ridden one
tocry.png

StayDead

I'm not playing resto druid because fuck druids. Most boring class in the game.

Will probably main shaman or priest next xpac.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH TAKE A STEP BACK THERE.

I've been a resto druid for 6 years. YOU WANNA FIGHT? HUH?

Nah just kidding, you're allowed to think what you want but I'd say Resto druid is the most interesting healer in the game :>

CMAA really is shit. I didn't notice it as much in the beta, but I was also downsampling a lot for screenshots and at the very least it did help clean things up even at higher resolutions, but just natively at 1080p (or whatever you run) it's awful.

Artanisix

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAH TAKE A STEP BACK THERE.

I've been a resto druid for 6 years. YOU WANNA FIGHT? HUH?

Nah just kidding, you're allowed to think what you want but I'd say Resto druid is the most interesting healer in the game :>

:3

I've just never liked their hot-centric playstyle.

RPGCrazied

I don't understand why they can't add supersampling to the game. I'm sure most everyone could get away with 2x these days, which would look better than CMAA. No harm in adding it to the selection.

With the cape and a couple of upgrades i'm at 560 ilvl now, let's hope i can do mythic before WoD comes out.

That's about ready for entry-level Mythic SoO. First half or so. Maybe more now with the nerfs. Though my Lock achieved 570 iLvl pre-patch without a single piece of heroic/mythic gear - nearly full normal 4/4 though.

Ultratech

That's about ready for entry-level Mythic SoO. First half or so. Maybe more now with the nerfs. Though my Lock achieved 570 iLvl pre-patch without a single piece of heroic/mythic gear - nearly full normal 4/4 though.

That's about how my Hunter is now.

Fully upgraded (previous) Normal gear except for Shoulders and one Trinket.

He's sitting at 571 ilvl.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I've done all of LFR this week for Secrets and got my last secret from Nazgrim luckily. Now I'm on Runestones but looking it up I read you can't redo the bosses to get them in the same week. What are my options, just wait until next week or will they drop on Normal?

Speaking of swimming Garrosh, we've had a lot of purple desecrated weapon residue after wipes on him since the patch.

Not that it really gets confusing since we pretty much kill all the weapons now anyway.

cdyhybrid

Speaking of swimming Garrosh, we've had a lot of purple desecrated weapon residue after wipes on him since the patch.

Not that it really gets confusing since we pretty much kill all the weapons now anyway.

Last few weeks have always had a bunch of spinning meat chunks left behind after wipes on Thok.

I don't understand why they can't add supersampling to the game. I'm sure most everyone could get away with 2x these days, which would look better than CMAA. No harm in adding it to the selection.

Yeah I totally agree, right now the AA is complete crap.

I still feel the game should be optimized way better than it is. The game still chugs on Ordos with a an OC'ed 4670K and a GTX 970.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have a central bank alt for my account where all of my bind to account items are "rented" to other characters. As soon as one is dobe using the item, they mail it back.

And I STILL lose items.

I have that too.

But it's like that's leveling BoAs, 90 BoAs, PVP BoAs, and Klaxxi BoAs. And shit's all over the place.

I haven't messed around with DSR at all, but how much of a pain is it with a dual-monitor setup?

It's not ideal if you're running dual monitors and want to use your second monitor while on a flight path or something. You have to enable a global setting in the nVidia control panel and set the base multiplier so that you get your resolution options at the OS level, then set your desktop on your WoW display to that resolution, then turn off all AA in-game, set the resolution ingame to your new 'native' res and CRANK your mouse sensitivity way high to enjoy DSR in a Windowed (fullscreen) WoW game running on a dual monitor setup.

If your mouse does not come with a button that auto-adjusts your mouse sensitivity it's going to be very very painful switching between displays. There's going to be a period of adjustment.

Ultratech

Yeah, the "floaty" Garrosh thing has been around since 5.4.

Still kinda funny to see.

Last few weeks have always had a bunch of spinning meat chunks left behind after wipes on Thok.

Had those pop up when I did Thok on my lock sometime back; it was a little creepy.

Just kept rolling and rolling...

Hadn't been playing much until tonight when I was helping out in H SoO but I was finding that I ran through focus a little more than I did last week. Did I miss a change in BM hunters that would affect this?

Minion101

Banned
I had a hard drive failure what I thought was the last day of the sale for character transfers. But looks like it's still going on... Now to choose between Emerald dream or Moon guard...

EVGA is sending me a new 780 Ti after sending them the RMA'ed card on Monday. I hope I don't have the same crashing problem with WOW. I need this fixed for WOD!

Ultratech

Hadn't been playing much until tonight when I was helping out in H SoO but I was finding that I ran through focus a little more than I did last week. Did I miss a change in BM hunters that would affect this?

Don't think so unless it was unlisted or Blizz messed with something else.

Only thing that BM Hunters got buffed on lately was Kill Command, IIRC.

(Only thing that was nerfed was Adaptation...which isn't available on Live yet.)

Don't think so unless it was unlisted or Blizz messed with something else.

Only thing that BM Hunters got buffed on lately was Kill Command, IIRC.

(Only thing that was nerfed was Adaptation...which isn't available on Live yet.)
Okay, that's the thing I was noticing the most tonight. In my rotation, I never had a problem having enough focus whenever Kill Command came off cool down. I didn't feel as if I was doing anything different... it just felt off from my usual flow.

Was just curious if it's a "just me" thing. (Entirely possible.)

M.D

The worst is the new cracking Fire sound that's accompanied the mount for a year or so. There's a great sound fix for modifying sound effects in the game that fixes that, though. :)

Someone told me that using the fix (simply creating a sound folder locally with blank or different sound files in it) is against TOS and bannable? How could that be true? Addons seem to do a lot more 'modifying' and introduce their own sound effects, too. What gives?

I only play with sound on when I'm raiding, so it doesn't bother me ;p

You have sinned... put a screenshot you took!!

BEHOLD

Well guys, I got my first ever character to 90 :)

Protection warrior and I went to timeless isle like you said and got a bunch of 489 gear, with a couple of 522 pieces I got from the Thrall quest and Shadow-pan. Got my item level to 490, is that ok for heroics now?

Also is there a difference between the shadow-pan rep and shadow-pan assault rep? Because I'm friendly with the former and still can't buy any gear with them from the justice vendor

Protection warrior and I went to timeless isle like you said and got a bunch of 489 gear, with a couple of 522 pieces I got from the Thrall quest and Shadow-pan. Got my item level to 490, is that ok for heroics now?

Also is there a difference between the shadow-pan rep and shadow-pan assault rep? Because I'm friendly with the former and still can't buy any gear with them from the justice vendor
Heroic dungeons are really easy, you'll be totally overequipped with your new items i guess.

Yes, they are different factions - You can see that in your character window under reputation

Heroic dungeons are really easy, you'll be totally overequipped with your new items i guess.

Yes, they are different factions - You can see that in your character window under reputation

Shoot, thought so

Guess I could do some lfr but I'd be terrified of fucking up lol. Gonna have to watch some vids of the encounters first

My account was frozen since like 2011 so everything has changed

Minion101

Banned

You still have headless horsemen (for rings) and LFR.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Just got gary loom on my 521 mage.. dreams do come true.

Shoot, thought so

Guess I could do some lfr but I'd be terrified of fucking up lol. Gonna have to watch some vids of the encounters first

My account was frozen since like 2011 so everything has changed

this is totally unnecessary in today's wow if you're doing lfr. one, the dungeon book (for soo at least) has all the strats you need to know. two, things are so streamlined that, except for very specific fights, one person really cant do anything insanely wrong to cause a problem (minus the main tank). of course, it's awesome if you do read up/watch some videos, but this isnt' pugging wotlk days.. people really only freak out about specific people when it comes to fights like gary where someone gets hit by a star or stands in purple. just jump into lfr blind and play.

Not sure of the accuracy of that real pop site. I would also cross-reference WoWProgress for high progression servers because the last thing you want to do is go to what seems like a good realm and find out it's full of shitty guilds.

Also keep in mind that unless you specifically care about faction balance for some reason, generally the more one-sided a realm is the better it's going to be. Some listed there that may have a higher overall pop may feel worse if the factions are split since you'll only be interacting with X% of the population. Still important for grouping and guilds, though it matters slightly less with the combined AH now.

Just got gary loom on my 521 mage.. dreams do come true.

this is totally unnecessary in today's wow if you're doing lfr. one, the dungeon book (for soo at least) has all the strats you need to know. two, things are so streamlined that, except for very specific fights, one person really cant do anything insanely wrong to cause a problem (minus the main tank). of course, it's awesome if you do read up/watch some videos, but this isnt' pugging wotlk days.. people really only freak out about specific people when it comes to fights like gary where someone gets hit by a star or stands in purple. just jump into lfr blind and play.

At that's good to know :) Will hop on later and try it out. Tanking is insanely fun I have to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom