• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I hope a permanent Augment Rune, like the one in Patch 6.2: Fury of Hellfire, makes it to Patch 7.3. I greatly dislike Raid Finder to gain runes, so a permanent solution would be great.

runeslutb.png

On another note, I reached Exalted with Armies of Legionfall today. I guess there's not much more to do now than wait for Tomb of Sargeras to open (mid-June I think it's scheduled to become available).

Fjordson

Rösti;236620074 said:
I hope a permanent Augment Rune, like the one in Patch 6.2: Fury of Hellfire, makes it to Patch 7.3. I greatly dislike Raid Finder to gain runes, so a permanent solution would be great.

runeslutb.png

On another note, I reached Exalted with Armies of Legionfall today. I guess there's not much more to do now than wait for Tomb of Sargeras to open (mid-June I think it's scheduled to become available).
There's the new Crystal of Insanity-type item that the Armies of Legionfall vendor sells http://www.wowhead.com/item=147707/repurposed-fel-focuser

edit: I guess that won't stack with flasks though.

Was going to finish off my pally who is about half a level from 110, but apparently the AK30 tomes don't actually work unless you do the AK26 quest, which seems like an unfortunate oversight.

In no hurry since this character isn't going to do much at cap.

I'm sort of amazed there's still OK profit to be made with Obliterum after they gave the quest to everybody for free. It was never one of my big markets but I made back my quest investment many times over and I can still sell some here and there.

edit: Some sort of workaround where you have to buy up to AK2 first? That seems odd. I'll just wait.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Trying Mage Tower challenege on 899 mistweaver and just can't make it past the penultimate wave in Stage 1. Feels bad man. Nothing past Stage 1 looks particularly difficult until the final boss but I just can't keep up with damage even with all the CC.

strafer

With the exception of gold what do you think is the most looted thing on your character through the game?

Mine is probably some animal pelt or linen cloth from farming.

Nokterian

Almost done with Balance of Power Questline now to do nighthold and get 20 of those pieces dunno how long that is going to take.

Also almost there with flying now to get exalted with nightfallen...

v1perz53

People get really mad when you PVP as a tank, apparently.

Yea, they seem to think I intended to play some DPS class but swapped to tank for PvP just because it is OP in some situations , specifically to ruin their day, as opposed to the more reasonable and true answer of I'm gonna PvP as the spec that I've spent time levelling the artifact, getting better relics for higher ilvl (for PvP scaling), and learning to play because keeping off-specs relevant in legion is a nightmare. Not my fault blizzard can't get the balance right for tanks in PvP, and at the same time rewards me with artifact skins for playing that spec in both rated and unrated PvP, some of which I actively must play in that spec, like the challenge appearance skins.

With the exception of gold what do you think is the most looted thing on your character through the game?

Mine is probably some animal pelt or linen cloth from farming.
Probably Netherweave. Not counting gray items, I have to imagine it would be this. Used to farm it specifically and still find myself with a lot of it when going back to NC content for various reasons.

Just bought Legion to play with friends, I haven't truly played in years. Which class would be a safe bet to use the lvl 100 boost on?

I've played every class but paladin, priest and demon hunter.

Nokterian

Just bought Legion to play with friends, I haven't truly played in years. Which class would be a safe bet to use the lvl 100 boost on?

I've played every class but paladin, priest and demon hunter.

So far i have the most fun with Druid as tank but DH is also fun to play since you begin at level 98.

Delusions of Grandeur today.

2 Minute Meta

Kinda sad thing is bracers are my last legendary, which are one of the BiS for Elisande/Gul'dan, which is what we're progressing on now. They're obsolete next patch though in all likelihood though, so whatevs I guess. Only took 11 days between today and my last legendary, so I might get them before progression is over anyway.

Magnus

Legendaries are dropping like candy in my guild. One a day for someone.

I have 13 days played at level 110 on my main and at least 3 days played for my alts, and have only seen 3 legendaries on the main and 1 on an alt. Most of my guilders have 6-8 legendaries now. Wtf

I have 13 days played at level 110 on my main and at least 3 days played for my alts, and have only seen 3 legendaries on the main and 1 on an alt. Most of my guilders have 6-8 legendaries now. Wtf

Up until about 5 weeks ago I had 5 on both of the characters I've been playing since launch, then in that 5 week period I've picked up another 4 each. The ones I actually want on both characters are the last ones to get for their spec though, of course, cause why wouldn't that be the case -_____-. At least I can be fairly confident I'll have them for Tomb, I guess.

Nokterian

Not for me,just got one legendary 2 weeks ago orso..hopefully i will get more soon.

How many alts are your guild mates playing? My observation is that anyone who plays a single character has almost all of their legendaries.

Enosh

Almost done with Balance of Power Questline now to do nighthold and get 20 of those pieces dunno how long that is going to take.

Also almost there with flying now to get exalted with nightfallen...
hey just reached the same part ^^ only had guldan left this reset, got 3 things from him (they take up bag space -.-), I'm going to guess it's probably going to take 2 resets to get all 20

I currently have 9/10 legendaries for Havoc now. Not including the crafted boots which would be an 11th.

To be honest you're probably not playing enough or doing enough legendary eligible content if you want to see more drops. My main has like 48 days played at 110 or something.

Alts I'm not sure of their played time, but they have like 3 legendaries tops. I know my warrior has 3 (1 fury, 1 arms, 1 cross spec) + legendary crafted belt. Mage has 2. Monk has 1.

I think that's it though.

So I made the mistake of finishing off the last half level on my Paladin and using the AK 30 tome. Now I can't pick up the AK 26 quest from Khadgar despite having AK 25 (got an AK 25 book from an alt).

I had hoped they had fixed it over the past couple days.

Invasions are so hopelessly confusing. I understand the concept but, I don't understand how to do them. People say you can grind via them but, how? All the groups Is see are doing WQs and nobody wants to explain shit to me. I ask and they insult me in-game. Like literally why is it I get a thousand different answers but, no solution?

Step 1: Complete the world quests, they give a lot of XP.
Step 2: See step 1.

Again. how? Where do I get these world quests? I'm105 and I don't see anything. I don't see people doing the invasions. I see groups for WQs but, never invasions. I'm just amazingly confused and frustrated. I ask world chat and get insulted, I ask guild a get 5 different things, I ask forums and nobody has an answer. I'm so confused and lost.

The invasions aren't up all the time. When they're up you'll see the symbol on the map and when you look at that zones map you'll see all of the invasion quests dotted around the zone.

cdyhybrid

Again. how? Where do I get these world quests? I'm105 and I don't see anything. I don't see people doing the invasions. I see groups for WQs but, never invasions. I'm just amazingly confused and frustrated. I ask world chat and get insulted, I ask guild a get 5 different things, I ask forums and nobody has an answer. I'm so confused and lost.

You need to have unlocked World Quests on a 110 character to see the invasion quests on the map.

Get to cap, see Dadgar in New Dal, he'll have a quest that gives you the flightmasters whistle and you'll unlock WQ's.

Invasions are so hopelessly confusing. I understand the concept but, I don't understand how to do them. People say you can grind via them but, how? All the groups Is see are doing WQs and nobody wants to explain shit to me. I ask and they insult me in-game. Like literally why is it I get a thousand different answers but, no solution?

Can you see the WQs on the map? It will look something like this if you can:

If no: you can't do anything with the invasions yet. You have to unlock world quests first, which require hitting 110 and a light rep requirement (IIRC friendly with the four main zone factions in Legion). You only have to do this once on your account, and then it's unlocked automatically for your other characters.

If yes: then you go to the icons on the map and complete the objectives, much like the bonus quests from Draenor that you may be familiar with. At 110, there is also a meta quest to do 4 invasion world quests that is automatically granted to you when you zone into the area, and that leads to a scenario which wraps up the invasion.

When people talk about grinding, they likely mean just doing the six WQs on a low level character, as it can be decent XP for the time invested (and really good XP for those with flying unlocked).

I've seen you bring this up a few times now and people have provided similar answers, so I'm trying to figure out exactly where the disconnect is so we can explain further if we need to.

Tarazet

So I made the mistake of finishing off the last half level on my Paladin and using the AK 30 tome. Now I can't pick up the AK 26 quest from Khadgar despite having AK 25 (got an AK 25 book from an alt).

I had hoped they had fixed it over the past couple days.

I had a strange experience on my fresh 110 Rogue. The first time that I sent that character the item to boost to AK30, she used it and nothing happened. I looted an item and it was still giving me 500 Artifact Power. I went back to Dalaran, started a work order for artifact research, and then sent over another copy of the item. That one got me to 29, and I was able to go and do the quest in the Broken Isles. Then I picked up the item to get to AK30.

Pretty buggy but it did work.

Also, whoever decided to require Rogues to do Maw of Souls and Black Rook Hold back to back, in order to finish their campaign, has no conscience.

The quest design forcing you specifically into Mythic0 for a lot of stuff is idiotic. First, unless there's a World Quest driving a lot of players to that specific tier, there's little reward or motivation for anyone to play Mythic0. Unless you're a tank or healer you're going to have an easier time getting into Mythic+ runs versus being able to land a spot in the infrequent Mythic0 runs. These quests should be completable in Mythic+, some of them are and automatically award you the geegaw, but many aren't. All of these dungeons quests should be completely via Mythic+ or Heroic dungeons in the finder. Mythic0 runs can be like fucking unicorns. You have to wait for WQ's or just keep skimming custom groups and luck out.

It's terrible design.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
The quest design forcing you specifically into Mythic0 for a lot of stuff is idiotic. First, unless there's a World Quest driving a lot of players to that specific tier, there's little reward or motivation for anyone to play Mythic0. Unless you're a tank or healer you're going to have an easier time getting into Mythic+ runs versus being able to land a spot in the infrequent Mythic0 runs. These quests should be completable in Mythic+, some of them are and automatically award you the geegaw, but many aren't. All of these dungeons quests should be completely via Mythic+ or Heroic dungeons in the finder. Mythic0 runs can be like fucking unicorns. You have to wait for WQ's or just keep skimming custom groups and luck out.

It's terrible design.

Having people trying to complete quests in the middle of a timed dungeon run is a worse idea though.

Start your own mythic 0 group. If you are simply looking for one to join, don't be surprised that they are not plentiful. Start your own and it will be filled in minutes.

Corpekata

Banned
Now imagine how many Mythic 0 runs there would be if they didn't have the quests to themselves. They'd be even rarer. I'd imagine the whole idea is to encourage folks that are less inclined for 0s to enter the LFG pool and thus they are there to help the 110s that are in like 850ish gear get some stuff done.

I had a strange experience on my fresh 110 Rogue. The first time that I sent that character the item to boost to AK30, she used it and nothing happened. I looted an item and it was still giving me 500 Artifact Power. I went back to Dalaran, started a work order for artifact research, and then sent over another copy of the item. That one got me to 29, and I was able to go and do the quest in the Broken Isles. Then I picked up the item to get to AK30.

Pretty buggy but it did work.

Also, whoever decided to require Rogues to do Maw of Souls and Black Rook Hold back to back, in order to finish their campaign, has no conscience.
I tried something similar but I had apparently already bugged it up too much at that point. A GM said they gave me the item from the AK 26 quest and the tomes back and told me an order to use them in, so I'll try that tonight. Should be fine. Also told me the AK 30 tome shouldn't have been usable before the AK 26 quest, which is a bit concerning as that will be all some people are able to buy. Hope that was a misunderstanding.
Do you guys think Shamans are worth boosting?
I really like all three Shaman specs, but I would try out the trial first. Enhance is the squishiest melee spec in the game, and I know you mentioned mobs getting tougher. Ele is squishy too but has good kiting tools. Resto is fun.
Now imagine how many Mythic 0 runs there would be if they didn't have the quests to themselves. They'd be even rarer. I'd imagine the whole idea is to encourage folks that are less inclined for 0s to enter the LFG pool and thus they are there to help the 110s that are in like 850ish gear get some stuff done.
I think they just didnt think M+ would be the default, which explains why they mostly moved away from M0 only quests after the quests introduced at launch. For some reason they thought M+ keys would be more exclusive.

I really like all three Shaman specs, but I would try out the trial first. Enhance is the squishiest melee spec in the game, and I know you mentioned mobs getting tougher. Ele is squishy too but has good kiting tools. Resto is fun.
'

Well, all classes are squishy being DPS. The difference lays in self healing and sustained damage. My frost is squishy but, with my self healing i can survive sustained fights against upwards of 4-5 mobs including a elite boss.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Can't really go wrong with shaman.

Also, from mmochamp average ilvls of people with challenge artifact appearance:

Beast mastery - 908.1 (+42.1 from the average of 866.0)

breaking that curve

'

Well, all classes are squishy being DPS. The difference lays in self healing and sustained damage. My frost is squishy but, with my self healing i can survive sustained fights against upwards of 4-5 mobs including a elite boss.
Squishiness in that context was referring to the overall survivability package. There's a decently large survivability gap among DPS classes, and enhance would be on the low end of that for melee. Especially compared to something like DK, which has free Death Strikes, or Rogue, which has a lot of tools. It's more than playable, but you mentioned struggling on your DK when you first got to Broken Shore and on Draenor, so i thought I would bring it up.

Top Bottom