• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Rarity wasn't accurate since I've switched computers and such, but I went and totaled all the Yogg kills from the armory I have and it's 227.

Still no mount, after another 9 attempts this week.

89% chance to have seen the mount by now.
T0xlAQI.gif

Don't know if anyone follows world first raiding (I don't but it's one of Reddit WOW top post), but basically there is 1 team left now which is Method, because 4 members of Serenity left and went BACK to Method.

That's too bad. I had heard that Kuznam hadn't really been playing for a while due to being busy RL. Serenity may be struggling due to that, or maybe just the natural process of what happens to most hardcore guilds these days.

Tarazet

I set a goal earlier on to finish all 12 class campaigns, since I don't raid but I do like to experience all the content there is to offer. So far I'm up to 8 after finishing up the Rogue today. I still have to do Monk, Paladin, Demon Hunter, and Hunter.

After playing a bunch of the classes with healing/tanking specs, and coming off of the Warlock, doing the Rogue was a real trial. The campaign was great, but it was hard to keep going. I kept myself interested by also trying to learn to play Subtlety while I went along. I'm not sure that I succeeded, but at least I'm doing better at it now than I was.

Lain

I thought I saw a Dark Ranger bodyguard with a hunter today. I thought they didn't have one as a bodyguard/follower?

I see them from time to time and started wondering if alliance players were given different bodyguards compared to horde at one point.

v1perz53

I set a goal earlier on to finish all 12 class campaigns, since I don't raid but I do like to experience all the content there is to offer. So far I'm up to 8 after finishing up the Rogue today. I still have to do Monk, Paladin, Demon Hunter, and Hunter.

After playing a bunch of the classes with healing/tanking specs, and coming off of the Warlock, doing the Rogue was a real trial. The campaign was great, but it was hard to keep going. I kept myself interested by also trying to learn to play Subtlety while I went along. I'm not sure that I succeeded, but at least I'm doing better at it now than I was.

I definitely wanna do the class campaigns on all classes too at some point, but its definitely gonna be a long term goal. Currently trying to pick my next alt, torn between DH and DK. I want a self heal based tank, and all indications point to the fact that I would enjoy DH more, but I'm really interested in the DK storyline and I've already levelled a DH to 105, never been a huge fan of Illidain or DH lore so that story is less interesting to me.

Should probably go with gameplay but something about DK keeps making me wanna give it a shot.

Arthos

Loving my tanking DH and seem to prefer her over my priest. Just gotta learn the fights so I can start tanking Nighthold. I'm at 887 iLvl now, tho!

Lain

Got Anger of the Half-Giants as my 4th legendary item on my DH from one of the table's bags. I feel like my DH has the most luck out of all my characters. Gonna pair it with Sephuz and retire Loramus Thalipedes' Sacrifice.

Lenz44

Banned
I always keep debating about firing WoW back up every now and then. Been on a 4 month hiatus due to a new kid, but now starting to have some more free time again. Been subscribed more or less since 2005, so it all is so familiar to me just to be able to log in. I would probably do a bunch of LFR, as I'm still on the "kids wake up whenever they want to" schedule and it ruins doing the Mythic + like I used to do.

Tarazet

I definitely wanna do the class campaigns on all classes too at some point, but its definitely gonna be a long term goal. Currently trying to pick my next alt, torn between DH and DK. I want a self heal based tank, and all indications point to the fact that I would enjoy DH more, but I'm really interested in the DK storyline and I've already levelled a DH to 105, never been a huge fan of Illidain or DH lore so that story is less interesting to me.

Should probably go with gameplay but something about DK keeps making me wanna give it a shot.

I got my Blood DK up to Mythic+ gear level and I enjoyed it a lot. For all the kvetching about Blood being a lot more simplistic and not having the same level of finesse and control, it's actually not true if you get into the new talents and really pick apart how they work. The amount that you can heal yourself if you use all your cooldowns is startling.

v1perz53

I got my Blood DK up to Mythic+ gear level and I enjoyed it a lot. For all the kvetching about Blood being a lot more simplistic and not having the same level of finesse and control, it's actually not true if you get into the new talents and really pick apart how they work. The amount that you can heal yourself if you use all your cooldowns is startling.

Yea I actually quite like blood DK defensively, I think it has a lot going for it and people don't give it enough credit. My personal issues with it are mobility and offensives. Mobility is the big tough one here, as a tank I hate when people are waiting for me to get to the next pack, it is the biggest reason I stopped playing my pally tank and from all accounts DK is even less mobile than prot pal. Would be less of an issue if M+ wasn't so "gotta go fast, beat the timer" based. Maybe a little better in 7.2.5 with the changes but still.

Damage/offensive tradeoffs is another issue I have, though it isn't that bad. Aside from just using DRW occasionally, you don't really have any offensive CDs or defense->offense tradeoffs. Even offensively you still want to use marrowrend to 5 stacks (for DS cost reduction), use Heart Strike otherwise, and Death Strike to burn RP, exactly the same as your max survivability rotation, maybe with less thought to timing DS uses. Maybe you could take Bonestorm but that's pretty much the limit for DPS. Pally, War, Druid, and DH all have very obvious tradeoffs to do more DPS (druid getting a better one in 7.2.5), not so sure about BrM but they probably do with Blackout Combo.

None of this is really that bad, though I kind of made a big post about it. There's just so little time to play alts this expansion that I wanna be really sure when I pick one. I guess it also bears mentioning that I play almost always with a really solid healer, and basically only do M+ and no raiding, so how much I need to optimize defensives vs a raid tank is probably less, with more emphasis on offensives to make runs faster.

Rambaldi

I'm not a high end tank or what I'd consider exceptionally good at tanking but I love Blood tanking and I survive things I really feel I shouldn't survive just because you can exploit their self healing so much. I love it.

I've finished fights we should have wiped on multiple times while raiding and it's been like cheering moments in our Discord.

I really don't like how squishy Prot Wars are. I dunno but, a tank shouldnt feel so squishy. I tried doing Heroic WoD dungeons and got damn near 1 shot. I was the only person dying. Everyone else has much higher survive,even the mages lasted longer. Anyone got some tips :S 've no clue what I'm doing.

accx

I'm jealous. Congrats.

Thanks, person with appropriate nick for my avatar!

I've had the chest proc at around 3k a lot of times so i figured that was the maximum.
Had no idea this was possible.

Already spent 60k on shitty relics..

Updated my Twitch page a bit.https://www.twitch.tv/thetachya

Added some new panels and adjusted my follower sound/gif and donation sound/gif (Like I'd get donations, hah!) Added a donation link though which I didn't have before, so if you want to pay for my lunch :p

Will be streaming our Elisande progression (KILL!?!) tonight at 11pm CDT. Maybe some other stuff a bit earlier or after.

I do have the webcam in my laptop, but I'm at home at the moment, and so could potentially have embarrassing unexpected interruptions. Probably won't use it again till I go back to school. So no facecam anytime soon.

I really don't like how squishy Prot Wars are. I dunno but, a tank shouldnt feel so squishy. I tried doing Heroic WoD dungeons and got damn near 1 shot. I was the only person dying. Everyone else has much higher survive,even the mages lasted longer. Anyone got some tips :S 've no clue what I'm doing.

Protection Warriors aren't squishy, they can completely negate damage. Victory Rush just doesn't provide the same level of self-healing as often compared to the other tank specs because of what it requires to proc, killing something versus being a cooldown. If you're confused about when to use abilities like Shield Block, Shield Wall, Spell Reflect, Demoralising Shout, Ignore Pain and Last Stand you should probably spend a bit of time going over icyveins guide on Prot Warriors to get an idea of what your rotations should be for damage mitigation...

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/protection-warrior-pve-tank-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

You could be under-geared for the content you're trying to tackle.

You also might be want to check out something like Blood Death Knight, Protection Paladin or Guardian Druid. They've all got fairly ridiculous self-sustain.

erawsd

Hmm.. the new Chromie scenario in 7.2.5 seems pretty cool. As down as I've been on this expac due to the RNG/Gating, the amount of content coming out has been pretty impressive.

ThinFinn

Finally got Starbro! Nerfs definitely helped heaps.

Also, anyone knows if it's still ideal to go Meme for Mythic Eli or stick to Trickshot as a MM Hunter?

I see lots of parses running the latter talents and was wondering what the benefits are to em.

TheYanger

What level are you? Heroics are pretty rough in wod if you're a fresh 110 or whatever, I'm not sure they're worth queueing for at this point (or in any expansion honestly). The older heroics might've been ok because the stats and whatnot are fucked when you get to lower levels, IE tbc heroics are actually really easy even at like 68 as I recall now, but if it were ACTUAL tbc they were pretty tough even at 70, you needed reasonable gear from the normals first.

Similarly, since wod is still very recent, they haven't rebalanced much of anything around that area, it's probably about as hard as it was during that expansion - intended to be 'end game' content when you've geared up in normals already. (It's the earliest form o f endgame content in each expansion, but it's still generally a little tough when your gear is fresh).

Tarazet

Protection Warriors aren't squishy, they can completely negate damage. Victory Rush just doesn't provide the same level of self-healing as often compared to the other tank specs because of what it requires to proc, killing something versus being a cooldown. If you're confused about when to use abilities like Shield Block, Shield Wall, Spell Reflect, Demoralising Shout, Ignore Pain and Last Stand you should probably spend a bit of time going over icyveins guide on Prot Warriors to get an idea of what your rotations should be for damage mitigation...

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/protection-warrior-pve-tank-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

You could be under-geared for the content you're trying to tackle.

You also might be want to check out something like Blood Death Knight, Protection Paladin or Guardian Druid. They've all got fairly ridiculous self-sustain.

I think you meant Blood Death Knight and Vengeance Demon Hunter for self-sustain. Paladin's strength is its tool kit, and Guardian Druid benefits from high armor plus a stupidly good magic mitigation tool. Warriors are so-so for solo content, their thing is really mobility and good old blocking.

Mitch

Banned
Already tried that, literally the only info I have is character name/server/possible email addresses I no longer have access to/around when I stopped playing.

That's fine though, my own fault.
You may have luck calling customer service and offering up personal information.

Top Bottom