• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Fjordson

The quest design forcing you specifically into Mythic0 for a lot of stuff is idiotic. First, unless there's a World Quest driving a lot of players to that specific tier, there's little reward or motivation for anyone to play Mythic0. Unless you're a tank or healer you're going to have an easier time getting into Mythic+ runs versus being able to land a spot in the infrequent Mythic0 runs. These quests should be completable in Mythic+, some of them are and automatically award you the geegaw, but many aren't. All of these dungeons quests should be completely via Mythic+ or Heroic dungeons in the finder. Mythic0 runs can be like fucking unicorns. You have to wait for WQ's or just keep skimming custom groups and luck out.

It's terrible design.
There's still a decent amount of +0 groups out there from what I've seen.

What you can do is in the group finder search "c)" without the quotations. For whatever reason c) is a filter that brings up all the base mythic groups currently up. Saw that on Reddit a few months ago and I'm still not sure exactly why that's a +0 filter but it works great.

Start your own mythic 0 group. If you are simply looking for one to join, don't be surprised that they are not plentiful. Start your own and it will be filled in minutes.

Start your own Mythic0 group, so you can sit there with two other dps, waiting for tank and healers that rarely, if ever, apply. Unless there's a WQ associated with the dungeon it can take days to find or fill up your own M0 group.

M+, no problem, there's something motivating people to want to join. There's a mutually beneficial reason to group up.

There's a reason I'm rolling a tank.

v1perz53

Everything in Legions end-game is Legendary eligible content.

If you want to be technical, grinding sentinax portals to buy relics isn't legendary eligible, but you're right in that nearly everything else is with very few exceptions. Though it still isn't exactly clear how the drop chance differs and how much it applies to bad luck protection differs (aside from the obvious "harder" things -> better chance). But I think the emphasis was more on the "enough" than the "legendary eligible content". It's just a numbers game, someone who does their emissary every day plus ~1.5 broken shores turnins then logs off will obviously get fewer legendaries than someone who does that plus all of LFR plus pugging each raid on N plus a few M+ plus the daily heroic occasionally etc.

I always thought I had so many fewer legendaries than some of the people in my M+ group, but when I asked them they told me exactly that, that they actually pugged N EN, ToV, and NH each week, did all LFR, etc. I definitely don't do LFR or pug N raids each week, so it isn't a surprise I have fewer legendaries.

There's still a decent amount of +0 groups out there from what I've seen.

What you can do is in the group finder search "c)" without the quotations. For whatever reason c) is a filter that brings up all the base mythic groups currently up. Saw that on Reddit a few months ago and I'm still not sure exactly why that's a +0 filter but it works great.

It's doing a very literal search of dungeons as they appear in the finder, such as 'Maw of Souls (Mythic)'

Whereas keystone runs will show as 'Maw of Souls (Mythic Keystone)' which doesn't have the 'c)' string

Enosh

Start your own Mythic0 group, so you can sit there with two other dps, waiting for tank and healers that rarely, if ever, apply. Unless there's a WQ associated with the dungeon it can take days to find or fill up your own M0 group.

M+, no problem, there's something motivating people to want to join. There's a mutually beneficial reason to group up.

There's a reason I'm rolling a tank.
was doing the balance of power quest chain this week which required basically all the dungeons, didn't have that much issues finding a normal mythic group, idk EU here maybe it's worse for other regions or I was just really lucky

although at this point I think they could just throw mythic dungeons in the group finder with like an 845 or 850 min ilvl to queue

Fjordson

It's doing a very literal search of dungeons as they appear in the finder, such as 'Maw of Souls (Mythic)'

Whereas keystone runs will show as 'Maw of Souls (Mythic Keystone)' which doesn't have the 'c)' string
Ohh, wow lol. Makes sense.

It's super useful. I wanted to bang out a few quick mythics this morning for the weekly quest and it was easy finding +0 groups with that trick.

Tarazet

'

Well, all classes are squishy being DPS. The difference lays in self healing and sustained damage. My frost is squishy but, with my self healing i can survive sustained fights against upwards of 4-5 mobs including a elite boss.

Enhancement has its ups and downs. The fact that a lot of its abilities have a 10 yard range is a huge plus. You've got an AoE stun on a 45 second cooldown that doesn't cost any resources. You have instant spot heals, and Astral Shift is really powerful when it's available. But if you're not paying attention and overpull you're going to die, until you get enough gear to be able to respond and take them down before they overwhelm you. If you want to be able to solo elites, roll a Destro Lock or a BM Hunter.

was doing the balance of power quest chain this week which required basically all the dungeons, didn't have that much issues finding a normal mythic group, idk EU here maybe it's worse for other regions or I was just really lucky

although at this point I think they could just throw mythic dungeons in the group finder with like an 845 or 850 min ilvl to queue

Stalled 3/4's of the way through that questline on my Mage. Sometimes it's the first group you apply to, others can take multiple play sessions to get into and complete the next leg.

Having tried to level a druid recently, adding Mythic0 to the dungeon finder sounds like a terrible idea. Even though I've sort of lost patience with trying to PUG certain content as a DPS, I'd still rather go through the process of trying to find a group on my own, reviewing or being reviewed based off of ilvl, rather than be stuck with the randoms you encounter in the dungeon finder. There are some truly terrible players that you get stuck with in the dungeon finder. I know ilvl is no guarantee but you're more likely to group up with someone who knows what they're doing if they're 900 versus someone who farmed some gear off of WQ's or Dauntless tokens from TBS.

lol, I swear this games community is absolute dog shit sometimes. Get into a queue and the tank is pulling every single mob on purpose. Calls me various names for complaining. We get to the final boss and he and his two friends tell us they're gunna afk for an hour and to stfuu. -sigh-

lazygecko

lol, I swear this games community is absolute dog shit sometimes. Get into a queue and the tank is pulling every single mob on purpose. Calls me various names for complaining. We get to the final boss and he and his two friends tell us they're gunna afk for an hour and to stfuu. -sigh-

If I ever et into a 5-man PuG and see 3+ people in the same guild/realm I'm immediately assuming it's going to be one of those problematic runs where they act like obnoxious little shits and treat you as "the outsider". No idea what kind of idiotic phenomenom so consistently make people act this way.

mclem

Got a our second Botanist HC kill last night, and it was a much smoother fight than our previous kill.

Downside, that means we have one more evening left of our raid schedule... which I guess means we can't put off Elisande any longer...

That... was far less scary than I was anticipating. Okay, I wouldn't call it easy, but we got the kill on the first night, and we don't generally manage that for late bosses. Admittedly she's been nerfed somewhat, but frankly, I went in with the idea that I'd be happy if we could get through Phase 1 reliably by the end of the ngiht.

I might well peg her as easier than Botanist, but I don't want to get too cocky prior to a second kill!

No time for Gul'dan this week, but if we can down her again next week we'll have at least one person (who did a few extracurricular PUGs) with the shortcut unlocked, which should give us a decent shot to clear Heroic before ToS.

I'll give the Broken Shore this much, it's pretty fantastic for catch-up gear if you haven't been maintaining an alt already. My warrior still has half of Highmountain and all of Val'sharah left to complete and it's already halfway kitted out in 850 gear.

It's a bit of a different game once you start using the custom group finder and doing more difficult content versus the random people you're thrown together with in the Dungeon Finder and LFR. Or at least that's been my experience PUGing in Legion. Fewer random assholes and less weird shit. It legitimately feels like a different game.

Lain

Today I got Will of Valeera on my rogue, who had Cinidaria as her only leg. I found myself being pretty happy with it. I completely suck with this rogue in Legion. Despite a 887ilvl my dps is generally pretty bad when soloing (no set, not really good trinkets) so with the new pants I find myself surviving much better now.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I suppose I must be behind again in the AP grind since I just got the last rank before concordance. Need 500 mil AP to get concordance so probably next week

This weeks epic story quest on the Broken Shore is to open ten of those little chests scattered around the zone.

In all seriousness, since exalted was removed as a requirement for getting class mounts I'm happy that questing through this zone will be so fast on alts.

Entropia

No One Remembers
This weeks epic story quest on the Broken Shore is to open ten of those little chests scattered around the zone.

In all seriousness, since exalted was removed as a requirement for getting class mounts I'm happy that questing through this zone will be so fast on alts.

Wow! Really excited what the lore is for this!

Hey everyone, dumb question. If I haven't played since around a year after the burning crusade, and had no idea on my account info beyond it's probably one of my two old school emails that are no longer available to me, and the character name/server is there any chance of getting it back?

Tarazet

Today I got Will of Valeera on my rogue, who had Cinidaria as her only leg. I found myself being pretty happy with it. I completely suck with this rogue in Legion. Despite a 887ilvl my dps is generally pretty bad when soloing (no set, not really good trinkets) so with the new pants I find myself surviving much better now.

I've actually had a pretty reasonable time playing solo with Sub, using the talent that stuns the target when you Shadowstrike it. My only complaint is that I get nothing but Versatility gear and Blood/Storm relics, so it's like the game is trying to nudge me towards Outlaw and I don't want to do it. Give me some good Fel relics and Mastery dang it!

Also, one of the artifact traits for Subtlety makes you immune to falling damage. So you can dismount, stealth and drop into the middle of the action like something out of a movie.

Moff

I really loved the suramar weekly quests leading up to the nighthold
it almost felt like a single player rpg and was honestly the best single player content they ever did, up there with the sillerpine main quest and some of the initial race zones.

now, the weekly quests on the brokens hore have never been good, but have definitely met a new low today. find 10 hidden caches, without any hints whatsoever. it's boring, annoying, dull. I honestly expected the same thing they did in suramar, so obivously I am completely disappointed.

Tarazet

From a thematic perspective, I feel like both Ass and Sub specs should have that immunity to fall damage trait.

If you are a properly trained Rogue you don't even really need it. Just Shadowstep to the mob before you hit the ground. Rogues have been doing that forever. It just gives you a little more leeway in case you have some walking to do before you're in range of your target.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
I downloaded the 7.2.5 PTR client to see if any new console variables had been added. Not sure in what build this build was introduced, but soft shadows are apparently a thing:

Code:
CVar "shadowsoft" is "0.000000"
default value "0"
(BETA)Soft shadows (0/1)
I have shadows set to absolute minimum so I likely will have little use for this. But good for people interested in machinima and whatnot.

Fjordson

I really loved the suramar weekly quests leading up to the nighthold
it almost felt like a single player rpg and was honestly the best single player content they ever did, up there with the sillerpine main quest and some of the initial race zones.

now, the weekly quests on the brokens hore have never been good, but have definitely met a new low today. find 10 hidden caches, without any hints whatsoever. it's boring, annoying, dull. I honestly expected the same thing they did in suramar, so obivously I am completely disappointed.
Lmao, damn. Yeah, Suramar questline was amazing. Broken Shore is really pitiful in comparison.

Maybe they were worried about alts? That two massive quest lines would be too much after people do them once? But I'd much prefer something like that personally over what we currently have with Broken Shore.

Moff

Lmao, damn. Yeah, Suramar questline was amazing. Broken Shore is really pitiful in comparison.

Maybe they were worried about alts? That two massive quest lines would be too much after people do them once? But I'd much prefer something like that personally over what we currently have with Broken Shore.

the problem is they still take time, they are just super boring, like kill 100 demons, do 10 world quests or find 10 caches. they obviously just didn't want to put any effort in them.

Yeah if these weekly Broken Shore "quests" are supposed to lead up to Tomb then they are doing a real shit job at it. The Nighthold ones actually felt like they were leading up to confronting Elisande. Cuz you know, like, you saw her do stuff. I actually kinda liked Elisande as a villain too because she wasn't raw chaotic evil, she just got a shit deal.

cdyhybrid

the problem is they still take time, they are just super boring, like kill 100 demons, do 10 world quests or find 10 caches. they obviously just didn't want to put any effort in them.
Yeah, if the quests actually advanced a storyline they would probably go over a lot better than bear ass collection every week.

Robin64

"FOOLS! You may have found ten chests and completed twelve so-called World Quests, but you'll can never hope to defeat Kil'jaeden within this sacred place!"

Fjordson

My only wish with Suramar is that they found someway, maybe through phasing or something, to have the city actually be reclaimed after players finished the questline. And they could put all the necessary NPC's there to make it the new capital.

It's probably the most impressive city in the game, it'd be dope to be able to use it fully.

If they didn't have the time/resources to make story quests like they did for the Nighthold lead up, I would've preferred nothing at all to this shit we have now which is just straight up insulting.

cdyhybrid

If they didn't have the time/resources to make story quests like they did for the Nighthold lead up, I would've preferred nothing at all to this shit we have now which is just straight up insulting.
I'm assuming there's class-related quests at the end for the mount - they should have time gated that instead of the bear ass collection quests.

My only wish with Suramar is that they found someway, maybe through phasing or something, to have the city actually be reclaimed after players finished the questline. And they could put all the necessary NPC's there to make it the new capital.

It's probably the most impressive city in the game, it'd be dope to be able to use it fully.

Cost you two raid tiers.

No joke, the effort behind something like that would be a massive undertaking.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I'd be extremely surprised if the rings aren't a farmed/quest item. They don't be really fit in the current paradigm of total RNG

Azzurri

Don't know if anyone follows world first raiding (I don't but it's one of Reddit WOW top post), but basically there is 1 team left now which is Method, because 4 members of Serenity left and went BACK to Method.

I remember back in Vanilla WoW DnT was the number 1 raiding guild in WOW and was on my original server Shattered Hand.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks

its just a zone at the end of the day, but i would like to see something "roguelike" as it were where you build up a huge city like that and it becomes a new city for players to be in.

sort of like what shal'aran was, but way less structure

Don't know if anyone follows world first raiding (I don't but it's one of Reddit WOW top post), but basically there is 1 team left now which is Method, because 4 members of Serenity left and went BACK to Method.

I remember back in Vanilla WoW DnT was the number 1 raiding guild in WOW and was on my original server Shattered Hand.

raiding is in a tough place right now. we're feeling the pinch in our guild, can't get enough people to join. there are just too many other avenues to gain gear that is equal to raid gear. Mythic needs to be flexible at this point. feels like no one really cares about raiding anymore and there's nothing harder than heroic for guilds that are struggling to fill the roster

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
New Rings look juicy. Crusade + Divine Purpose. :D

No way it doesn't get nerfed before live. It'd be absolutely bonkers burst. It would be an automatic BiS along with the cloak.

That being said, we can hope, lol. Gonna be the return of the faceroll, lol.

Magnus

YES

YES YES YES YES

YES

The one I wanted since day 1.

I always seem to get a legendary right after I complain for 3 days straight in this thread. I may employ that strategy again.

svlbTRg.jpg

Top Bottom