• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Zelias

Banned
You don't happen to have a way to share some of that luck so I can get a Mimiron's head?!
Sadly I think it's run out, as my other mount hunting activities haven't given me anything. Not even any of the raiding with leashes pets I still need :(

Yam's

Having stopped at 7.1 and having done flying achievements that were available back then, would I be able to unlock flying at a reasonable pace right now or should I rather wait for 7.3 to drop?

I know they won't add any followers catch-up until 7.3, not sure if it would be a good idea to return right now or not.

Syf

Banned
That means you finished Suramar stuff right? If so then yeah it wouldn't take you too long to get flying. Just need to hit revered with Legionfall which can mostly be done with the Broken Shore questline, and then explore the Broken Shore which is a snap.

7.3 is likely dropping within a month though so you'd have more to do if you waited a few weeks.

Syf

Banned
Well not 100% confirmed just going off of their pattern in Legion. We should have a hard release date for it by gamescom.

I need 2,500 more Nightfallen rep to unlock the last quest and finally learn to fly in Legion, and I'm also getting close to Draenor flying. In the end, I think Order of the Awakened is the most annoying to increase. I thought Wardens rep would be the worst, but there were quite a few WQs for them recently, and I used the Kirin Tor rep item to finish it off today.

Coming back to the game, I'm overall impressed with WoD and Legion. The questing really made me feel connected to my character, and now I find myself looking back on the journey. It feels like my character went through a lot to get to this point, but I do still want that options menu checkbox to easily slow leveling down by 20% or something. :) I may have to have my friend turn off exp gain at points to avoid blowing all the content away, as he hasn't played the previous 4 expansions.

Azzurri

I need 2,500 more Nightfallen rep to unlock the last quest and finally learn to fly in Legion, and I'm also getting close to Draenor flying. In the end, I think Order of the Awakened is the most annoying to increase. I thought Wardens rep would be the worst, but there were quiet a few WQs for them recently, and I used the Kirin Tor rep item to finish it off today.

Coming back to the game, I'm overall impressed with WoD and Legion. The questing really made me feel connected to my character, and now I find myself looking back on the journey. It feels like my character went through a lot to get to this point, but I do still want that options menu checkbox to easily slow leveling down by 20% or something. :) I may have to have my friend turn off exp gain at points to avoid blowing all the content away, as he hasn't played the previous 4 expansions.

Honestly man if you have the cash just buy the tokens they're like 5k a pop and give 1k rep for all of dreanor factions.

Lyng

The quest for the Rogue flying mount is insane. Sneaking around the horde cities and figuring out the perfect way to take down the targets is so exhilarating! I feel like worgen hitman

Veezy

que?
Is there any sort of trick to getting lots of Ancient Mana in Suramar? I'm kinda late to the game and have gotten to the point where I need 1200 Ancient Mana to continue on with the Suramar questline to get Pathfinder achievement and am not looking forward to just running around in a big circle.

Side note, there no trick to getting Pathfinder 1 and 2 achievements quickly, right? I really wanna get flying but I'm starting to think that's just not going to happen anytime soon.

cdyhybrid

Is there any sort of trick to getting lots of Ancient Mana in Suramar? I'm kinda late to the game and have gotten to the point where I need 1200 Ancient Mana to continue on with the Suramar questline to get Pathfinder achievement and am not looking forward to just running around in a big circle.

Side note, there no trick to getting Pathfinder 1 and 2 achievements quickly, right? I really wanna get flying but I'm starting to think that's just not going to happen anytime soon.

Fly/run around the city and look for the nodes on your map. You can get up to 150 each.

EmiPrime

Buy the mana off the AH if you're feeling lazy.

Lyng

In the twilight vineyards area there is usually plentyfull. The arcwine give the biggest amount.

Moff

I just logged in, in my class hall and got a bonus roll prompt.
when I clicked in it it was from the kiljaeden kill I did 2 days ago.

weird. only got me some artifact power though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I just logged in, in my class hall and got a bonus roll prompt.
when I clicked in it it was from the kiljaeden kill I did 2 days ago.

weird. only got me some artifact power though.

that happened ith my DK last week on the Broken Shore world boss. I forgot to use the bonus roll on him, was logging back to kill him again, and the prompt popped up.

like you I also only got Art power

Fjordson

Reading up on Kul Tiras lore, some really interesting possibilities for the next expansion.

Speaking of lore, anyone else sometimes look something up on WoWpedia and then just end up reading different pages for like 45 minutes? Currently in a massive lore hole lol

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
that happened ith my DK last week on the Broken Shore world boss. I forgot to use the bonus roll on him, was logging back to kill him again, and the prompt popped up.

actually that happened once to me, too. i think i actually got an upgrade from it.

that was during Nighthold or the raid before that, i cant remember it right now lol

Rambaldi

Reading up on Kul Tiras lore, some really interesting possibilities for the next expansion.

Speaking of lore, anyone else sometimes look something up on WoWpedia and then just end up reading different pages for like 45 minutes? Currently in a massive lore hole lol

I do the Wowpedia loop like nightly before bed. It's sad. I can waste hours.

Tarazet

It's interesting to note that if you take that phantom bonus roll after a reset, it uses up your bonus roll for the new week as well, but you can still get loot if it drops directly off the boss.

Nokterian

Got my hidden artifact appearance on my unholy DK, i was doing LFR just a day orso ago i saw a book lying on the ground took a look at it when we started to fight.

Totally forgot it the day after so i went to wowhead to see how to unlock unholy appearance than it clicked that i saw that book. So i went to ICC ventured towards Professor Putricide's, saw a trapped door now i have this awesome weapon.

wowscrnshot_080817_00chxoj.jpg

strafer

Fuck yes. I love reading Wowpedia. i think I spend maybe 1 to 2 hours reading in bed before sleeping, it's lovely.

Moff

It's interesting to note that if you take that phantom bonus roll after a reset, it uses up your bonus roll for the new week as well, but you can still get loot if it drops directly off the boss.
But you can bonus roll bosses several times. At least on normal.

I've been loving my arcane mage alt, had to switch to fire because of immune Mana Wraiths, and damn if that spec doesn't seem even more fun. Arcane can one shot most normal enemies with 4 charges, but fire seems more interesting. Little more interactive.

Acquired Draenor and Legion flying, thank fuck. I love these expansions, but Legion has so many trash mobs all over, and level scaling means that agro range stays the same. Ugh. Personal space, buddy.

I've been loving my arcane mage alt, had to switch to fire because of immune Mana Wraiths, and damn if that spec doesn't seem even more fun. Arcane can one shot most normal enemies with 4 charges, but fire seems more interesting. Little more interactive.

Acquired Draenor and Legion flying, thank fuck. I love these expansions, but Legion has so many trash mobs all over, and level scaling means that agro range stays the same. Ugh. Personal space, buddy.

Yeah, I can't stand level scaling. If they ever added that to every zone, even the old ones, that might be enough to make me stop playing. I couldn't stand being agro'd all the time.

Fjordson

Fuck yes. I love reading Wowpedia. i think I spend maybe 1 to 2 hours reading in bed before sleeping, it's lovely.

I do the Wowpedia loop like nightly before bed. It's sad. I can waste hours.
lol it's great.

I just finished the volume 2 WoW Chronicle so I'm in the mood for lore.

Reading the pages on the various zones really makes me appreciate the universe Blizz has created. You have this giant game world where every zone and pretty much every NPC has a backstory and a reason for being there.

I love wiki lore holes. I've spent a long time looking at WC retcons having to do with heaven/hell and daemons becoming the Legion, and how Sargares was a brief mention in the Reign of Chaos manual as the dark lord of the Legion above KJ and Arch and ended up being the main enemy of the series. He also used to look like an Eredar and wasn't four planets tall. Probably made more sense how Broxigar hurt him that way.

Chronicle really restructured a lot of the lore, especially when it comes to the origins of Light/Void and the origins of Fel/Legion/Titans

Doomsayers, Exodar Citizens and more Kirin Tor patrols going in Dalaran on Live. Argus must be close.

Also hearing you can always see Argus even if you have not killed KJ

Fjordson

Seeing Argus in the sky for the first time a few weeks ago was so damn cool.

Had just killed KJ on normal on my shaman and I had the inky black potion on, took me by total surprise flying out of Dalaran. I've taken at least 20 nighttime screenshots of it in the sky over various zones since then. Really great visual touch.

erawsd

Yeah, I can't stand level scaling. If they ever added that to every zone, even the old ones, that might be enough to make me stop playing. I couldn't stand being agro'd all the time.

I like level scaling, I just wish they’d get rid of dazing for dps/healers. I don’t think every zone needs to scale to max but I do think it’d make sense to apply it per expansion. So 1-60 in “vanilla” zones, 60-70 in TBC, 70-80 in Northrend, etc...

Lain

Doomsayers, Exodar Citizens and more Kirin Tor patrols going in Dalaran on Live. Argus must be close.

Also hearing you can always see Argus even if you have not killed KJ

Yeah, Argus was i nthe sky for me in EU, despite no KJ kills (because the wing isn't open until tomorrow).

I like level scaling, I just wish they’d get rid of dazing for dps/healers. I don’t think every zone needs to scale to max but I do think it’d make sense to apply it per expansion. So 1-60 in “vanilla” zones, 60-70 in TBC, 70-80 in Northrend, etc...

Oh, that's not bad. I just wouldn't enjoy every single zone in the game being scaled up to whatever the max level is.

Fjordson

Fuck, getting a legendary you don't want is a real gut punch. Since you know like that's it for a while.

Especially on my DK who has yet to get a truly strong one. Been due for one for a while and then - bam - out comes Prydaz from a Legionfall cache.

Some loading screens.
Beautiful.

Yup, you can see Argus without having completed Tomb of Sargeras. I'm rolling a Dwarf Shaman, haven't touched Legion content in a while, was doing some questing in The Hinterlands, turned around and there it was, a giant, eerie, green, fiery ruined planet floating in the night sky.

Azzurri

Does anyone raid as an Arms Warrior, heroic or higher? I seem to be having DPS issues on certain fights; AoE/cleave fights to be exact. Are there any tips anyone could give? On ST fights I do pretty well, but fights like Demonic Inc, Harrj, Mistress and Des. Host I seem to lose a lot of DPS. I don't know if it's the mechanics, or I'm not doing something in the rotation wrong.

It's really pissing me off.

I thought going after the Shaman class mount next would be good, but enhancement feels so squishy that I don't know if I'm going to bother (at 100 marks of sentinax part).

Nista

I thought going after the Shaman class mount next would be good, but enhancement feels so squishy that I don't know if I'm going to bother (at 100 marks of sentinax part).

Hmm, my enh shaman didn't feel that squishy, but I also did the Sentinax stuff in a group. Those elites are pretty tough if you're tanking 4 of them.

Top Bottom