• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Entropia

No One Remembers
I thought going after the Shaman class mount next would be good, but enhancement feels so squishy that I don't know if I'm going to bother (at 100 marks of sentinax part).

Hmm, my enh shaman didn't feel that squishy, but I also did the Sentinax stuff in a group. Those elites are pretty tough if you're tanking 4 of them.

In all fairness, the most efficient way of doing the Mark of the Sentinax is to do it with a group.

cdyhybrid

It's more like 3 zones, yeah.

Also, there's a potential new expansion leak floating around the internet (i.e. reddit). It's pretty dubious...
Troll Paladins, Human Shaman
There's another one on reddit that appears to confirm one of Ilgynoth's whispers (if the leak is real).
Magni has been deceived by the voice he heard and is now corrupted. If both Jaina and Magni become raid bosses the Alliance tears will be delicious.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
It's more like 3 zones, yeah.

Also, there's a potential new expansion leak floating around the internet (i.e. reddit). It's pretty dubious...
Troll Paladins, Human Shaman

Too many red flags in that ''leak'' tho

January release
is never happening.

In all fairness, the most efficient way of doing the Mark of the Sentinax is to do it with a group.

I'm not really complaining about it, just commenting on my limited experience now with a 110 arms warrior and enh shaman doing the quest solo. I love the shaman roleplay, but the class feels very middle of the pack in everything right now as far as solo play. Like, the lack of survivability when facing tougher enemies isn't balanced by doing more damage than other classes or specs.

Fjordson

I'm not really complaining about it, just commenting on my limited experience now with a 110 arms warrior and enh shaman doing the quest solo. I love the shaman roleplay, but the class feels very middle of the pack in everything right now as far as solo play. Like, the lack of survivability when facing tougher enemies isn't balanced by doing more damage than other classes or specs.
I feel like I do okay with healing rain + insta heals using maelstrom.

Entropia

No One Remembers

You are not wrong with that thought, sadly. :(

Tarazet

LFR KJ is out today so most will kill him now.

You mean most will wipe 5 times and then quit. Our group got him down at 6 stacks after it became blindingly obvious people need to soak. I was confused at first because there is an icon on the swirl that disappears, but you still have to stand in it until Armageddon hits you or you get the raid-wide damage. The only other thing that wiped us was going into the darkness with adds up.

I didn't realize going in that I would be gimped as fuck playing Demonology, because he leaves the platform and you can only damage him with ranged spells. It's no wonder that all of the mythic kills I've seen had a Destro lock and nothing else, because the imps can still ping him, and maybe the odd Affliction.

carlsojo

According to lore Forsaken Paladins would literally incinerate themselves.

Priests use the Light, but Paladins channel it through themselves.

They will INCINERATE THEMSELVES AND LIKE IT

Seriously if they can come up with bs lore for Trolls being Paladins and Pandaren being Death Knights, then they should be able to come up with some bs why Forsaken can roll Paladins.

Argus artifact?

cdyhybrid

You mean most will wipe 5 times and then quit. Our group got him down at 6 stacks after it became blindingly obvious people need to soak. I was confused at first because there is an icon on the swirl that disappears, but you still have to stand in it until Armageddon hits you or you get the raid-wide damage. The only other thing that wiped us was going into the darkness with adds up.

I didn't realize going in that I would be gimped as fuck playing Demonology, because he leaves the platform and you can only damage him with ranged spells. It's no wonder that all of the mythic kills I've seen had a Destro lock and nothing else, because the imps can still ping him, and maybe the odd Affliction.
IIRC he takes reduced damage while in the air.

You mean when he flies off and casts Armageddon and the lazer beam? Hes 99% immune to damage there. You should only be hitting him to generate stacks or resources.

They will INCINERATE THEMSELVES AND LIKE IT

Seriously if they can come up with bs lore for Trolls being Paladins and Pandaren being Death Knights, then they should be able to come up with some bs why Forsaken can roll Paladins.

Argus artifact?
I'm pretty sure Paladin-like trolls have been in the game since ZG.

Not giving any credibility to that fabrication, but there's more backing for that particular combo than there was for say, Tauren Paladins or goblin Shamans before those were introduced.

Also the various attempts to explain how Forsaken can be priests bit not Paladins have never been entirely convincing, and are especially unconvincing now that WoW has gone full speed with player characters being exceptionally powerful and special.

Tarazet

You mean when he flies off and casts Armageddon and the lazer beam? Hes 99% immune to damage there. You should only be hitting him to generate stacks or resources.

That makes me feel somewhat better about playing Demo then.

After getting T20 4P I am performing better as Demonology generally, but on KJ, I dunno.

Demo can handle a little bit of movement while the pets chomp away, and you just Life Tap or use a Shadowy Inspiration proc. After a certain point, though, your DPS just plummets, and if you have to interrupt your Thal'kiel's Consumption combo it's catastrophic.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
InvasionPointCengar.jpg

I thought that said "Gen'gar" at first and immediately thought of Pokemon.

latest

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I know there's been plenty of discussion/speculation about what the lore reasons will be for us no longer using our artifacts come 8.0, but what might be even harder to explain is the abandoning/dissolving of the order halls. Because it's not like we are gonna keep using them next expansion.

It's not a big deal for some classes that have never had much unity in the first place (rogues, warlocks, hunters for example), but for some classes you are literally the leader of that entire group of people on Azeroth. Paladins are the Highlord of the Silver Hand. Shaman are the Farseer of the Earthen Ring. DH are essentially the new Illidan, the supreme commander of every Demon Hunter.

It's gonna be kind of weird when all of a sudden we are no longer the figurehead of a major organization, despite there being some new big threat to face.

cdyhybrid

I know there's been plenty of discussion/speculation about what the lore reasons will be for us no longer using our artifacts come 8.0, but what might be even harder to explain is the abandoning/dissolving of the order halls. Because it's not like we are gonna keep using them next expansion.

It's not a big deal for some classes that have never had much unity in the first place (rogues, warlocks, hunters for example), but for some classes you are literally the leader of that entire group of people on Azeroth. Paladins are the Highlord of the Silver Hand. Shaman are the Farseer of the Earthen Ring. DH are essentially the new Illidan, the supreme commander of every Demon Hunter.

It's gonna be kind of weird when all of a sudden we are no longer the figurehead of a major organization, despite there being some new big threat to face.
Probably something happens in the prepatch.

Entropia

No One Remembers

"We can handle ourselves, you go save the world" or something.

iirate

Does anyone else think the order halls are here to stay? I'm expecting possibly systems to change(as they do) and a new campaign for a new expansion, but I don't think the halls will go away.

We'll probably sacrifice the power in our artifacts to seal Sargares or greatly depower him.

For the order halls, like you said Warlocks, Rogues, Hunters aren't really all that united except for this one specific thing.

For Death Knights, Paladins, Shamans, Mages, Druids and Monks those places existed before. The Ebon Blade, Silver Hand, Earthen Ring, Kirin Tor, Cenarion Circle and Order of the Broken Temple will probably still be around, but who knows to what degree.

cdyhybrid

Does anyone else think the order halls are here to stay? I'm expecting possibly systems to change(as they do) and a new campaign for a new expansion, but I don't think the halls will go away.
Garrisons/order halls will probably always be around in some form, but will probably be different themes/sets of characters in each expansion.

Fjordson

I hope the order halls stay in some form. Despite being someone who got sick of Garrisons fairly quickly in WoD, I've enjoyed the order halls. Visually they're really neat (at least the ones I've spent time in) and Blizz has done a good job of not forcing you to spend too much time in them.

Entropia

No One Remembers
We'll probably sacrifice the power in our artifacts to seal Sargares or greatly depower him.

For the order halls, like you said Warlocks, Rogues, Hunters aren't really all that united except for this one specific thing.

For Death Knights, Paladins, Shamans, Mages, Druids and Monks those places existed before. The Ebon Blade, Silver Hand, Earthen Ring, Kirin Tor, Cenarion Circle and Order of the Broken Temple will probably still be around, but who knows to what degree.

Data mined text/spoilers indicate that your first statement won't be the case.

Anoregon

Data mined text/spoilers indicate that your first statement won't be the case.

Yeah, whatever thing happens to our artifacts will be in 8.0 as the setup to the next expansion, it's not part of the finale to this one.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
That "expansion leak" was so bad, didn't even bother explaining any of the game elements.

I do think something along those lines is in the pipeline but everything they were talking about was so dumb.

Level scaling should happen on a per expansion basis, and it would be nice if they converted the random non-mainline story quests to world quests. But I don't bother leveling the old fashioned way anymore so how useful would that be really for anyone? Wouldn't really imo.

I think it's viable to level scale zones to max level for a certain period of time, kind of like day-long invasions or something.

I'd like to see the level ranges for all zones tweaked. 1-50 (with the option to level slower) in vanilla, and then 10 levels each expansion. You blow past the 5 level expansions crazy fast now, and MoP is meaty.

Anoregon

I just got my 5th legendary on my DK.

It is my fourth legendary that is not specific to DK's. There are not any left.

-____________________________________________________-

Not that I lend the leak much credence but Human Shamans would be the most boring thing ever and Pandaren Death Knights and Troll Paladins sound completely ridiculous.

Veezy

que?
In between my pathfinder grinding what should i be doing to prep for 7.3? I'm at item level 863 right now, but I don't have a guild.

I just got my 5th legendary on my DK.

It is my fourth legendary that is not specific to DK's. There are not any left.

-____________________________________________________-

I got Prydaz as the first one on my DK today. And Sephuz from gambling rings on my warrior. Yes, I had a 50/50 shot at Ayala's and got Sephuz instead.

Prydaz and Sephuz in one day, FML.

erawsd

I wonder what systems will they dump after Legion. I'm certain mythic+ and world quests are here to stay since it seems like those are hits with most people. Artifact traits seem like the obvious pick since we won't have the weapons, but they could also spin it off into its own feature. If it does come back in some form I hope the AP equivalent is class wide instead of being limited to specs.

There'd probably be a lot folks celebrating if they kill off legendaries and titanforging, I think they'll return in some form. Personally, I think they're both good ideas that are ruined by pure RNG. If there was a currency that just let me buy the legendary of my choice then I think it could have been a great system. Likewise, titanforging wouldn't be so frustrating if people could just use obliterum to upgrade any piece of gear.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im very curious to see what happens with the various artifact traits, some of them are nigh irreplaceable.

Like, what Beast Mastery hunter wants to go back to just 1 pet for example.

There's another one on reddit that appears to confirm one of Ilgynoth's whispers (if the leak is real).
Magni has been deceived by the voice he heard and is now corrupted. If both Jaina and Magni become raid bosses the Alliance tears will be delicious.
That same leak mentions Jaina calling upon the Alliance AND Horde to defend Kul Tiras, Instant BS.

im very curious to see what happens with the various artifact traits, some of them are nigh irreplaceable.

I wouldn't mind. Hati is just a shitty version of your pet that until recently regularly ignored orders, ran to random spots, attacked the air and generally was just a pain in the ass half the time. At least he keeps up with your normal pet now.

erawsd

Yeah, I imagine they're just going to bake in the traits that arent just flat dmg buffs. Narratively, maybe part of getting rid of the weapon will involve us absorbing some of its power.

I don't know what it is with this game and how people seem to not notice how long shit actually takes, because this sort of under estimation of how much time something takes or how difficult something is or isn't is common among the community. The shortest amount of time I spent in a sentinax group was 30 minutes and that was with people over lvl 900 and that was just due to the fact that the portals ran off in different directions It's just a stupid grind because Blizzard couldn't come up with something more creative. THAT is what bugs me about it. There is some incredibly well developed questing in this expansion, and then you hit the broken shore and it's vanilla style fetch quests. Might as well be killing kobolds.

Took a while til I had another alt at 110 and could properly reply, but

eOGBqBS.jpg

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The whole Broken Shore "story" quest chain is total shit though, yeah.

Shahadan

The leak was shitty but tbh I like the idea that the pillars of creation were stolen and each used by a different and appropriate faction.

Of course the "oh well we forgot about those and left them in the tomb" is dumb but beyond that I like that what we did in an xpac has an influence on the next one

Top Bottom