• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
strafer you always fallin for the fake stuff.

Legion got leaked by some random dude with a -1 comment on reddit like 5 months before it was announced. WoD got leaked with an "iron horde" texture and everyone thought it meant something made of iron for the current Horde. Blizz rarely leaks.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
blizz_gamescomherdm.png

gamescom stramers announced: http://eu.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20942345

Also:
Our gamescom site will also be your source for a full schedule of stage activities, live streams, and more. Additional details about Blizzard at gamescom will be available soon, so stay tuned!
The schedule will most likely confirm if a press conference with an expansion reveal is happening. The schedule ought to be out early next week, though with a little luck they could make it available over the weekend.

Syf

Banned
It's only two weeks away. Very very likely WoW's content is limited to 7.3 trailer and further details on that. At most a small tease for the expac like the Gul'dan cinematic. Don't think there's any chance of a full reveal.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Would they confirm the expansion when Argus isn't even out, let alone Antorus? By then we may be at Argus but only for the first week at most

Next expansion reveals have historically been before the launch of the current expansion's final patch, unless I am mistaken.

Edit: That actually doesn't seem right now that I think about it. I know tanaan/hellfire was out before the Legion reveal. hmm

The way things have been going since Mists, the last raid leads directly into the next expansion. If Antorus is the same, doubt they will tell us what happens to cause 8.0 before Antorus is out

Syf

Banned
Come to think of it though, a short obscure CG scene taking place in the depths could make for a hell of a teaser. We'd all know what it means and they wouldn't have to show much of anything.

strafer

strafer you always fallin for the fake stuff.

Legion got leaked by some random dude with a -1 comment on reddit like 5 months before it was announced. WoD got leaked with an "iron horde" texture and everyone thought it meant something made of iron for the current Horde. Blizz rarely leaks.

Well sorry for believing in stuff.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
The way things have been going since Mists, the last raid leads directly into the next expansion. If Antorus is the same, doubt they will tell us what happens to cause 8.0 before Antorus is out
It would depend on whether or not they want to shift their production cycle. WoD and Pandaria both saw production issues complicate the transition into the next expansion. There is precedent to an expansion being announced before the final patch too, as Mists was first shown before patch 4.3 was released. Cataclysm was announced before 3.3 was released. Wrath was first shown with two patches for BC still in the pipeline. I think Blizzard realizes the importance of always keeping something on the horizon for WoW players to stay subscribed, and Blizzcon is late enough this year that they 7.3 might hit before the event. While they could just wait for Blizzcon I think there is definitely an opportunity for Gamescom to feature an expansion announcement. Given the pace of releases for Legion patches I think it would be sort of weird to let things stall.

Anoregon

I just hope there is something to announce at gamescom. Wow expansion, Diablo 4, Warcraft RTS remakes/remasters. Any of that.

cdyhybrid

Here's the Legion announcement trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Di0j6oHSRNY

There's not much there other than some scenery shots and a brief overview of the major features. I would guess that all of those things are already available internally for their cinematic team and they don't really spoil anything about the story other than that the Legion has returned.

Don't see any reason they couldn't do something similar for Gamescom again.

From everything I've read on those fake leaks, the one thing I hope ends up actually happening is naga becoming a playable race.

Probably naga happen.

Anoregon

From everything I've read on those fake leaks, the one thing I hope ends up actually happening is naga becoming a playable race.

Probably naga happen.

I want Ethereals the most. They even have new models in 7.3, which is a tease since it's likely not related to them being playable.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
as someone who loves and only plays "freak" races, it doesnt get much freakier than Naga so yes pls

Anoregon

Nagas would not work. Too much work to fix them. I want Spooky Mummy Men and Nightborne.

This made me realize that Thalyssra has had more development in one expansion than most current horde racial leaders have since their introduction.

CassSept

I seriously can't see Naga working as a playable race. How do you ride mounts? How do you make shoes visible (I know Troll don't wear full feet, but at least you see them on their ankles)? Headpieces and cloaks would be a nightmare too. Maybe the new skeleton models are used during questing?

Vrykul on the other hand are just a boring choice.

Though it would make some sense for Naga to be Horde race (relation to belves) and Vrykul an Alliance race (relation to humans), but eh, I'm not seeing it.

On the other hand, I will seriously be impressed, even with all the South Seas rumors around, if Azshara plays a major role in this expansion. She's been teased since the bloody Cataclysm.

cdyhybrid

I seriously can't see Naga working as a playable race. How do you ride mounts? How do you make shoes visible (I know Troll don't wear full feet, but at least you see them on their ankles)? Headpieces and cloaks would be a nightmare too. Maybe the new skeleton models are used during questing?

Vrykul on the other hand are just a boring choice.

Though it would make some sense for Naga to be Horde race (relation to belves) and Vrykul an Alliance race (relation to humans), but eh, I'm not seeing it.

On the other hand, I will seriously be impressed, even with all the South Seas rumors around, if Azshara plays a major role in this expansion. She's been teased since the bloody Cataclysm.
Just make a custom sitting animation where they coil up on top of the mount or something.

Tauren and Trolls don't wear shoes so no issue there. Leg slot just uses the armor texture as tail armor.

That said, I'd be very surprised if it actually ended up happening.

Anoregon

All the issues about animations and armor textures could be solved, but yeah I don't actually expect to see Naga as playable.

I think the next xpac should have some new race, though. Pandaren were released in 2012, so it will be at least 6 years since the last new race was added when the next xpac drops.

I could also see them finally doing subraces instead of actual new races, but that also seems like one of those long-gestating pipe dreams that will never actually happen.

Fjordson

I think they should do sub-races + more customization in the character creator. Would gladly take that instead of new races, but maybe it's too big an undertaking.

cdyhybrid

I think they should do sub-races + more customization in the character creator. Would gladly take that instead of new races, but maybe it's too big an undertaking.
Yeah, I want that too. The argument for why that's feasible in my mind is because a lot of those assets already exist in-game (brown orcs, Nightborne, etc.). Biggest issue would be for races that don't already have an obvious/existing subrace.

Robin64

I wouldn't mind a few more race/class combos. I don't even care about them making it work lore wise, just some loose connection is fine.

Night Elfs, Trolls, Forsaken, they could all be Paladins.

I think I could at least think of one optimal subrace for each of the races except Pandaren.

Human - Vrykul, or make it more differentiated if someone is from Kul Tiras, Arathi, Alterac, Lordaeron etc

Dwarf - Dark Iron, Wildhammer, Earthen

Gnomes - Mechagnomes? Leper gnomes (probably not)

Night Elves and Blood Elves - Take your pick from any of the elf spinoffs.

Draenei - Uncorrupted Eredar like Velen, Broken.

Worgen - Okay this is a hard one. Maybe just make some different looking Worgen? Night Elven Worgen? I think the original worgen were night elf druids who went too far speccing into feral

Orc - Take your pick from Mok'nathal, fel orcs, orc clans.

Troll - Take your pick. Zandalari, Amani, Gurubashi.

Tauren - Take your pick. Highmountain, Yuangol, Tuanka.

Undead - full on skeleton man, dead elves like Sylvanas

Goblin - There are those fish goblin guys. edit: GRUMMLES PLEASE

Lore wise a lot of these wouldn't make sense if you start a new character but Worgen Death Knights make absolutely no sense either timeline wise. Most importantly would be giving us trolls and orcs that stand up straight.

Anoregon

GIVE ME SUBRACES

ZANDALARI TROLLS

MOK'NATHAL ORCS

HIGHMOUNTAIN TAUREN

Hell yeah. Zandalari could even make a lot of sense if Zandalar itself is in the next expansion and they decide to join the Horde for some reason. Lord knows we need some new blood in the troll camp.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
I think I could at least think of one optimal subrace for each of the races except Pandaren.

Human - Vrykul, or make it more differentiated if someone is from Kul Tiras, Arathi, Alterac, Lordaeron etc

Lore wise a lot of these wouldn't make sense if you start a new character but Worgen Death Knights make absolutely no sense either timeline wise. Most importantly would be giving us trolls and orcs that stand up straight.

Eh...Vrykul as a subrace doesn't make sense since actually Humans are the subrace for the Vrykuls lol

And Worgen DK's are actually former minions of Arugal, confirmed by Afrasiabi.

Fjordson

Yeah, I want that too. The argument for why that's feasible in my mind is because a lot of those assets already exist in-game (brown orcs, Nightborne, etc.). Biggest issue would be for races that don't already have an obvious/existing subrace.
True. I would really love that. Would just add so much variety to the game.

There are some decent ideas in this reddit post from last year https://imgur.com/a/8EeTm

I want my Orc DK to be Mok'nathal like Rexxar. Or my Tauren shaman to be a Taunka. Would be so dope.

Undead - full on skeleton man, dead elves like Sylvanas.
This one could be cool with like an undead slider. It sounds silly, but have like ancient forsaken which would be as you said full on skeleton. Just bones wearing armor. But then be able to go the other way with new forsaken who are closer to their human appearances (basically somewhat more human-like than the undead currently in the game).

Syf

Banned
Such good ideas. I hope Blizzard hears the feedback that we'd love sub-races or at least more variety in character creation.

Azzurri

If I could get options that would give me non hunched orc and troll males I'd be A ok. Oh yea, give me the option to cover trolls feet if I want.

Which Troll race are the jacked ones?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
it still annoys me there even is faction split at this point, like for dungeons and shit.

Alliance and Horde hve been teaming up against these gods and shit for how long now? NPCs can, but players cant >_>

Top Bottom