• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst 0/10 Completed Anime?

Linkark07

Banned
I don't consider this a 0/10, but it was really disappointing for me. With the exception of Arima, the main cast was unlikeable, especially Kaori. The male friend was boring and I hated Tsubaki. The supporting cast, especially the two rivals, were far more interesting than those three.

It was too "shouneny" for my taste. The way the characters acted to each other didnt feel that natural and the message of the whole anime was clear after a few episodes. Stuff like 1 Litre of Tears or Cry out for love at the end of the world (while being movies/dramas) were far better at actually conveying the same message.

And Nodame Cantabile was better in actually conveying the musical aspect.

Linkark07

Banned
It was too "shouneny" for my taste. The way the characters acted to each other didnt feel that natural and the message of the whole anime was clear after a few episodes. Stuff like 1 Litre of Tears or Cry out for love at the end of the world (while being movies/dramas) were far better at actually conveying the same message.

And Nodame Cantabile was better in actually conveying the musical aspect.

Even March Comes In Like A Lion does it better; like Arima, Kiriyama is depressed and looks the world with black colors. But not only the Kawamoto sisters helped him overcome his depression, also he found people he can rely on. Those three sisters really care and check constantly how his health his. And not only them, Nikaidou or Shimada also want the best for Kiriyama.

I agree in how the characters interacted in Your lie in April; the slapstick comedy was cringy at times.

blakep267

Nope, found it boring. The main cast wasn't interesting for me.

I don't consider this a 0/10, but it was really disappointing for me. With the exception of Arima, the main cast was unlikeable, especially Kaori. The male friend was boring and I hated Tsubaki. The supporting cast, especially the two rivals, were far more interesting than those three.
Thank you. I really really didn't like Kaori. I'm supposed to feel sorry for her but she just came off as selfish and controlling and the only way she ended up helping Arima was by dying.

The other 2 friends were almost nonexistent. The cast should've been Arima, his mom's pupil, and his 2 rivals

RC

Banned
There was a time in my life when I was a casual fan of anime. Than Gundam Seed Destiny happened and I swore off the genre forever.

Oh! Even worse! DearS. Glad Under17 broke up shortly there after.
Goodness me, that takes me back. We can go beyond the OP/ED (btw, ED was poppins not under17...though the let's mention the OP song has the lyrics "I'm your slave") and mention the show itself...let's just say you know you're watching a "classy" perverted Chobits imitation when there is a DVD-exclusive episode that was too extreme for TV.

Yeah I've seen DearS (back when it first broadcast actually it looks like the concluding episode was also DVD-exclusive so I might have missed that) and a few early episodes of Chobits. Common threads of Look at this unconscious humanoid I found better take her home. She seems a bit ... defective. Oh now everything thinks I'm a pervert because xyz. Another of her kind becomes a companion. But my memory might be playing tricks on me. I'm certainly not interested in revisiting either.

Edit: The DearS manga was written by Peach-Pit...who did Rozen Maiden and Shugo Chara? Now theres an anime pub quiz piece of trivia.

Top Bottom