• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst 0/10 Completed Anime?

Nah, no one has awful tast....

Welp.

That show was a trainwreck and I regret ever subbing that show start to finish.

We all had that one show we got stuck with because it starts with an interesting premise and just doesn't go anywhere... I timed subs for all of Gundam Seed Destiny.

rackham

Banned
Yeah,based on this post you haven't watched a single episode.

Either that or you think Dragon Ball started in Z because that's the "cool part" and it's all about saving the world with generic rock music playing in the background

Gohan "being a nobody" at the start has been part of a character growth arc for him that's already paying off

gohan-versus-goku-peleatres.gif

Goku and Vegeta haven't had any "changing color" power up besides Blue early on, and we already know how the next transformation looks.

Also Krillin and Roshi having awesome moments for their level is bad...how!?

roshi-tecnica-pelea-dbs.gif

The only thing I can give you is Tenshinhan being shit on.

I'd prefer it if you didn't make assumptions about me and try and make me about to be an edgy cool guy. I actually like Dragonball more than Z. The rest of your post isn't worth responding to. You actually think Roshi is relevant at this point in the game.

LOLDSFAN

Calling Madoka Magica 0/10 is some serious fucking hyperbole. What the fuck? Do you just think in binaries?
Well not binary, but I do have an internalized 3 tier ranking system.

I either liked an anime.
Thought it was ok.
Or disliked it.

You can guess where I put Madoka.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
To be fair even Fate fans disliked the deen anime

Deen version litterally had one cool fight in it's 20 plus run that was worthwhile. (Created the GAR meme which can be seen as a negative or a plus) but yeah it was generally dsiliked greatly but not as much as tsukihime, probably because of aforementioned fight.

UBW was ok but I much prefer the VN version for that when I preferred the anime over the LN for F/Z.

Fj0823

I'd prefer it if you didn't make assumptions about me and try and make me about to be an edgy cool guy. I actually like Dragonball more than Z. The rest of your post isn't worth responding to. You actually think Roshi is relevant at this point in the game.

"your arguments aren't worth discussing because you think a non saiyan is strong in muh DBZ"

Yeah, turns out dedicating time for DB characters Z neglected is a fantastic idea.

Clearly you haven't seen the episodes, Roshi is not fighting Majin Buu level opponent's with ease. He's just doing his goddamn best with what little he's got and it was absolutely great.

Same goes for Krillin.

That's called character development.

Same goes for Gohan, who I proved is not a "nobody" like you think he is from skimming through the first few episodes

In this thread we're talking about complete animes with absolutely no redeeming qualities, you're taking what little you got from the first few episodes and running with it like it's the whole show.

Bulzeeb

That moment is actually what made me convinced that it ain't shit/03 was better. They
kill off one of the best characters/villains so early
but the fans who only see FMA as simply a shonen get hype because they get to see that character in a serious fight. A few eps after that you had the
bradley is a homonculus
reveal but it had no tension or mystery behind it, you even had lame comedy right after it iirc. The rest, while competently made, is just a simple action/adventure series about preventing bad guys from winning. It didn't have the same degree of emotion than 03

while I agree that the 03 version handled the early drama far better than brotherhood, for me, everything good went quickly into the trash with the big Dante reveal and everything that followed, heck I just remembered 03 had some weird
mecha Kimblee or some other character
at the end before going full on
Nazy invasion

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Like, I've only seen Super up to where the Toonami English dub is at, and while it's rough as hell it still isn't a 0/10. The animation is garbage and the story is dumb, but there's some good comedy in there at least.

KazenY2J

I wasted my time watching that crap, hoping at least it would turn out good.

Another one from Kyoto Animation: Musaigen no Phantom World.

Honestly, why they release good animes like Hibike Euphonium and awful ones like Chuu2byou 2 and Musaigen?
Honestly, I enjoyed Phantom World for what it was.
Chuu2's second season was hot garbage though, felt they just rushed that out for money.

Fj0823

Like, I've only seen Super up to where the Toonami English dub is at, and while it's rough as hell it still isn't a 0/10. The animation is garbage and the story is dumb, but there's some good comedy in there at least.

It's very rough, like downright bad, at the start, with the movie retellings no one asked for. That's absolutely true

Everything after the movie retelling is ok to great

True Fire

The original Kuroshitsuji anime was really bad. Probably one of the worst anime adaptations I've seen, It went on for 2 seasons without even trying to follow the manga. lol

But ah well at least Book of Circus and the Ova/movie were really good.

Black Butler 2 was by far one of the worst series I’ve watched start to finish. It pandered to the very worst parts of the fanbase, and did a really weird bait and switch with the protagonists for no reason.

But yeah, the manga adaptations were a great comeback.

Kenai

Charlottes is pretty good tho. :X

Only anime that Ive seen some of tat I absolutely hate are Kill la Kill and Sword Art Online.

I thought Charlotte started out really well. Cool powers, most of the cast didn't suck, monster of the week pacing I am a fan of. Even a decent few meaningful deaths. It just ended up having one of the worst endings I've ever seen in anime (especially for one 13 eps long) which made it super disappointing.

rackham

Banned
"your arguments aren't worth discussing because you think a non saiyan is strong in muh DBZ"

Yeah, turns out dedicating time for DB characters Z neglected is a fantastic idea.

Clearly you haven't seen the episodes, Roshi is not fighting Majin Buu level opponent's with ease. He's just doing his goddamn best with what little he's got and it was absolutely great.

Same goes for Krillin.

That's called character development.

Same goes for Gohan, who I proved is not a "nobody" like you think he is from skimming through the first few episodes

In this thread we're talking about complete animes with absolutely no redeeming qualities, you're taking what little you got from the first few episodes and running with it like it's the whole show.

Dude you sound like a fanfool. I've watched DB Super and actually caught up last week, although I skipped plenty of episodes and skimmed through a lot because they're just plain boring. They're filled with dumb shit that isn't really funny anymore and I swear it feels like they just take ideas from Team Four Star.

But of course you narrowed it down to "muh dbz." I expect nothing less from someone who thinks Yu Gi Oh is actually good.

Fj0823

Dude you sound like a fanfool. I've watched DB Super and actually caught up last week, although I skipped plenty of episodes and skimmed through a lot because they're just plain boring. They're filled with dumb shit that isn't really funny anymore and I swear it feels like they just take ideas from Team Four Star.

But of course you narrowed it down to "muh dbz." I expect nothing less from someone who thinks Yu Gi Oh is actually good.

Oh so you didn't watch it except for few episodes,just like I thought, gotcha. Not bothering.

Back on topic, I'm actually one of the harshest critics of YGO animes, even in my own YGO VRAINS OT I have constantly complained about the lack of quality in the latest YGO series.

And the above post reminded me that this trash belongs here:

yu-gi-oh-zexal-wall-scroll.jpg

Apart from some really REALLY cool Card Designs this series is plain unwatchable, the MC has the most generic of plot armor (If you lose once your spirit friend disappears!), an insufferable personality, and the worst thing is that the show tries to tell us that his childish cringey ideology is something to look up to. Hell bad people adopting his catchphrase to become "better" people is a plot point!

The actually cool characters get shafted one after the other in the most insulting ways, the female characters are nothing but creepy fanservice...And The character designs are plain awful. I mean look at this shit:

tori-l.png

flip-l.png

yu_gi_oh__zexal_tsukumo_yuma__zexal_ii___render__by_raidengtx-db8x3dj.png

The story is pure shit, flip flops, and when people complained about the stupid plot armor they "fixed it" by having spirit friend die and be BSed back to life every 3 episodes.

Being the follow up to the great 5D's didn't help

0/10, maybe 1/10 for the cool Card Designs

I've never completed anything other than dragonball(and Z), gundam wing, cowboy bebop trigun and beserk. I've never tortured myself to watch shows if I didn't like them, but reading this thread makes me not regret it

petran79

Banned
Elfen Lied is a very polarizing anime but I would argue it still has some redeeming qualities like the backstories and ethical issues it evokes . The music is enchanting and good as well.

Elfen Lied was decent for its time. Brynhildr on the other hand was a very mediocre effort.Not that the manga was any better,but first volumes were at least promising

Nikodemos

Sword Art Online and Accel World treat their main female characters horribly. They're super competent and reliable, except when they're conveniently not. Garbage characterisation.

I'll take 10 animes where the main supporting female character is an airheaded sexpot from start to finish over the crap those two (and a few others like them I can't currently remember) pulled with their main female characters.

Thud

While I also think SAO is some hot garbage, overall it doesn't deserve that 0.

Now there parts that are minus points. The main villains. You can't defend that. Like you can't just show attempted rape and then go on about like it's a fucking fairy tale.

You take that back!

Nevah

_Ryo_

I thought Charlotte started out really well. Cool powers, most of the cast didn't suck, monster of the week pacing I am a fan of. Even a decent few meaningful deaths. It just ended up having one of the worst endings I've ever seen in anime (especially for one 13 eps long) which made it super disappointing.

I'm the exact opposite. I thought the beginning was standard generic slice of life copypasta. And it got much more unique and interesting towards the end.

Devil Survivor 2, aka discount Mirai Nikki, and Mirai Nikki was already a discount version of itself. Those two and Danganronpa 3 were all complete wastes of my time I wish I hadn't stubbornly refused to drop.

That's Kanon and FMP.

When Phantom World and Amagi Brilliant Park exist? Gurl no.

Audioboxer

Sword Art Online is good for that first arc where dying actually has a consequence. I found it pretty enjoyable anyway. Then the fairy arc starts which is shit and I didn't even finish the gun stuff. I still don't think it's a 0/10 given the amount of straight up garbage or creepy shit anime puts out.

Wood Man

I don't think I ever completed an anime that I would consider 0/10. If they're that bad I usually drop them. Like Glasslip might be a 0/10 but I only watched 2 episodes.

Fj0823

While I also think SAO is some hot garbage, overall it doesn't deserve that 0.

Now there parts that are minus points. The main villains. You can't defend that. Like you can't just show attempted rape and then go on about like it's a fucking fairy tale.

Nevah

Oh yeah, the Villains are the worst part of SAO by far, Kayaba's "lmao I don't even remember why I did this" Is such a middlefinger

It's amazing how much SAO Abridged fixed him by making him a disgruntled Bethesda developer lmao

I mean... Full Metal Panic isn't great, but my god conflating it to a 0/10 is crazy.

Highschool DxD. The only 'redeeming' feature is a well choreographed pole dance in the ending credits.

Oh! Even worse! DearS. Glad Under17 broke up shortly there after.

ChryZ

Disclaimer, be welcome to disagree with my list, these just did nothing for me and I hate myself for not stopping to watch them:

Oreimo
Penguindrum
Aldonah Zero
Amagi Brilliant Park

Top Bottom