• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst 0/10 Completed Anime?

Accoun

I unironically really enjoyed this.

Though i was like 15-16 and had recently discovered anime tiddies

I unironically enjoyed it too. I was a bit older than 15-16, tho. I thought it was very fun if you don't expect a serious zombie show. I even bought all of the manga (which sadly will never be finished). Its trash, but good trash.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I need to watch more anime 'cus I can't think of a single anime that I've seen that was 0/10.

Sword Art Online.

Just... Absolutely nothing redeeming at all. I'm getting enraged just thinking about the time I wasted on that show.

Couldn't agree more. I watched all 25 episodes of it and just didn't like it at all. I think visually it looks nice but that's about it for me. I didn't think any of the fight scenes were that interesting, hated a lot of the characters, and the story took a nose dive after a certain point. Just wasn't for me. But i at least gave it a chance.

Tenchi Muyo GXP. It's probably the hands down worst anime that I have ever watched.

Has anyone mentioned Haruhi Season 2 yet? Doing the same episode eight times with different voice acting and animation (because you decided to make a movie and ran out of source material that took place before said movie) was a bold and crazy move. It's well made but was apparently something else to live through week by week. It's not objectionably bad but unnecessary.

this one is easy.

Jikuu Bouken Nuumamonjaa (aka the Chrono Trigger OVA)

one episode.
and that is still to many episodes.
What I expected:
hqdefault.jpg

What I got:
hqdefault.jpg
It may be like 12 minutes but I think it actually nails the OP to a T. Unless you really have a thing for Johnny and Gato. Wait actually it uses music from Chrono Trigger...damn...

I'll spoil you, and trust me. I'm doing you a favor.

Other posters can confirm that I am not joking
I had a few things to add that but actually I'll just leave a link to part of the Eureka Seven wikia (spoilers for both shows):
http://eurekaseven.wikia.com/wiki/Eureka_Seven:_AO#Inconsistencies_Between_Eureka_Seven_and_AO
It's clear from that why you can see that people feel it shits on it's legacy even though and some of those are wizard did it, others are pretty big plot holes.

Speaking of which in terms of how much of the plot was a load of threads that go nowhere or leave loads of questions I can't help but wonder if this was aimed to be a 50 episode show and got told mid way into production of ep 10 (or even later) that they have until episode 24 (was it 24?) left to conclude it (which might explain why there wasn't really an epilogue) with a deus ex machina in the form of the
Quartz cannon
thrown in to try and make some conclusions but had me rooting for
erase this show from existence (even in the way Hollan...I mean Renton wants, I don't care at this point). The end.

I suppose one can say it is Chrono Cross to Chrono Trigger but I can sort of not mind Chrono Cross (despite it being a mess with infodumps of we didn't finish development but times up, odd design decisions and having some gut punches to CT fans) whereas Eureka Seven AO annoyed me.

I've always enjoyed really Oreimo from beginning to end, but I'd never really read what other people thought about it. I gotta say, the reasons people seem to hate it in this thread are incomprehensible to me. Well, I can understand liking Kuroneko she's my favorite too, but her getting rejected doesn't make the show bad. But the "this is poisonous to the image of anime fans/otaku" people, I don't get. It must be quite polarizing because it's rating on anime sites is really high. That said, I'm not someone who as watched a ton of anime.

On topic, I don't think I've ever finished a show I would say was worse than a 5/10. The "worst" I've finished is probably Chuunibyou Demo, or Hyouka, which were both interesting in one way or another but didn't really provide anything for me to grab on to. Worst where I stopped after one or so episode is a couple different ecchi anime. Don't see the appeal of those at all, even sexually.

JCG

Frankly, several of the shows that have been previously mentioned here aren't really all that terrible. I can think of plenty of good things to say about Kill la Kill, Geass R2, Samurai Flamenco, or High School of the Dead among others. I can understand why some people say they might qualify as disappointing, frustrating, trashy, below average or just plain bad, but none of them are remotely close to being 0/10 or even 1/10 for that matter.

Admittedly, I think most of us already know that kind of rating is merely meant to reflect an expression of personal dislike, rather than any real attempt at an objetive analysis. But seriously, I think you need something on the level of Mars of Destruction or Ninja Resurrection in order to properly make such a claim. Now those are some truly horrible shows.

Kenstar

Too bad Air Gear suffered the exact same fate. It was enjoyable when it was just people battling each other with super skates, but some weird ass convoluted shit happened and I didn't feel like following that mess anymore.

Wait you stopped before John Omaha came into the plot?
air-gear-obama-w.jpg

Who swapped bodies with a japanese girl called Emily Odachi?
tumblr_lvc9v3Pr3s1r7pj18o1_500.jpg

Hexa

Rail Wars!
Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara
Saikin, Imouto no Yousu ga Chotto Okashiinda ga.
Shining Hearts: Shiawase no Pan
C: The Money of Soul and Possibility Control
Sacred Seven

Honestly, I wouldn't even give these 0/10. But they are the worst anime I've finished.

I've watched a few bad anime but nothing was a 0/10.

The Asterisk War S1 was the worst though. I just finished the first season for completions sake.

Sora_N

Honestly if I hate it so much I probably didn't finish it, but I definitely agree with OP.

I still liked Guilty Crown but the ending was shit, the plot didn't really make sense. I really just liked the theme songs, character design for Yuzuriha (??) and not much else. The ending was super unsatisfying and I can't remember that much anymore. I did finish it though and remember feeling disappointed.

Hexa

hey pal whats your beef with C

The protagonist seemed like he had no idea what he was doing most of the time. Though I can understand that in a way because the underlying mechanics and banking terminology felt overtly convoluted. The relationship between the main character and his asset was also confusing, because it was clearly romantic but also not at the end all of a sudden because she's his theoretical daughter or something like that. Speaking of the ending, I was also incredibly confused by pretty much everything in the ending, but from what I did get it was terrible and I can't begin to fathom why you would end things like that. Like, it's not even a bittersweet or justifiably sad ending. It's just pathetic.

Kenstar

The protagonist seemed like he had no idea what he was doing most of the time. Though I can understand that in a way because the underlying mechanics and banking terminology felt overtly convoluted. The relationship between the main character and his asset was also confusing, because it was clearly romantic but also not at the end all of a sudden because she's his theoretical daughter or something like that. Speaking of the ending, I was also incredibly confused by pretty much everything in the ending, but from what I did get it was terrible and I can't begin to fathom why you would end things like that. Like, it's not even a bittersweet or justifiably sad ending. It's just pathetic.
i saw it as it aired back when dinosaurs walked the earth so i dont remember much and cant refute anything, just wanted to know
I remember that kickass ED tho

Hexa

i saw it as it aired back when dinosaurs walked the earth so i dont remember much and cant refute anything, just wanted to know
I remember that kickass ED tho

I don't remember anything related to the art/animation/soundtrack/OP/ED. Those may have been the good parts. There are anime that I think are good just because of those aspects, such as Guilty Crown, so I get that. Not the case for me with this though.

Man fuck guilty crown. That show is absolute garbage. Almost as bad as........

Sometimes you keep watching because someone told you it gets really good or because it's a sequel to an anime you love, so you keep watching hoping it will get better

Oh, that reminds me:

1380310_English_ContinueWatchingMobile_2f4ee2e9-7457-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg

-1i/10

FUCK AO! Sorry. I just had to say that. I absolutely despise that show.

Dice//

Banned
Man fuck guilty crown. That show is absolute garbage.....almost as bad as........

FUCK AO! Sorry. I just had to say that. I absolutely despise that show.

So..what went so wrong with it?
Haven't seen it either :(

EDIT:
Nevermind :O
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=116

Zgff8Ar.gif

EDIT EDIT: Thanks sparkedglory!!

Nah, they aren't anything like Ryoko and Ayeka. I assume that's who you meant.

That's good. I mean, my bar wasn't really to high since I've seen a lot of people on this one.

Lot's of bad opinions in this thread. Fate/Zero, Steins;Gate and Angel Beats 0/10? Bruh you trolling. Now for the truly worst garbage anime I've ever seen:
45308.jpg

So..what went so wrong with it?
Haven't seen it either :(

Imagine watching the original Eureka Seven, being invested in the characters, enjoying seeing them grow, and just generally having a good time. Then AO honestly seems like they just tried to use the name of the original to garner some interest.

I'll try to say it in ways that aren't too spoilery. It does have its positives, but to list it a bit. Plus I apologize for my writing style right now. I'm not exactly the best at typing out my opinions on these sorts of things.

-The characters are pretty poor and don't really develop in my opinion

-The story gets confusing, and doesn't even fit with the original series.

-The growth of all the characters in the original is nonexistent

-You would think a sequel would have a bunch of characters from the original. This one will too...
If you want ONLY Renton and Eureka to barely show up at all

-Everything just seemed so messy and not well thought out, and the ending felt pretty rushed to me.

I do think that it could've been a good show if given more time and a better written script with more actual ties to the original, but I do think it's better served as a spinoff.

HardRojo

Wouldn't be able to tell, I usually drop something as soon as I realize I'm not interested at all or if I find the main character or another detail to be too much to put up with. Case in point: Psycho Pass and Kill la Kill.

Bulzeeb

Sometimes you keep watching because someone told you it gets really good or because it's a sequel to an anime you love, so you keep watching hoping it will get better

Oh, that reminds me:

1380310_English_ContinueWatchingMobile_2f4ee2e9-7457-e711-8175-020165574d09.jpg

-1i/10

I totally agree, as someone that really liked E7, Ao was complete garbage, I still havent bothered to watch the final 2 episodes I doubt that will change.

air-gear-obama-w.jpg

I did, I was already starting to get bored reading it and that was the point of no return for me, so, did I miss something worth talking?

I don't think I would watch a 0/10 anime to completion.

Another is a great comedy anime.

Agreed, I really enjoyed that show but for the wrong reasons I guess

dd5.gif

I assume it is another disappointing visual novel adaptation. No surprise, almost all of them are disappointing.

Did some light googling, and that's mostly the criticism I'm seeing.
I thought the anime would have a different storyline or something, but it's pretty much a heavily truncated adaptation of a 25+ hour VN.

Also the VN suffers from some serious bullshit. In one of the routes,
Toma locks the protagonist in a fucking cage. In the "good" ending. She falls in love with him. Whaaat the fuck?
There's no way anyone could make that insane storyline work.

I don't think I've ever completed a 0/10 anime. I'm pretty quick to drop stuff if I'm not enjoying it. That said, I've finished a lot of so-bad-it's-hilarious shows, like Another, Mayoiga, and many ridiculous old censored dubs, like 90s Sailor Moon.

Ping Pong

This is a very bad post.

jstripes

Banned
the pesky fan service layer is baked into every part if the characters and plot, though. It's a show about scantily clad fighters and clothing trying to take over the world. The good guys are a militarized nudist colony. It's not a layer, it's the whole cake.

It's not entirely without merit as a series, but let's not act like the fan service is just a footnote.

And no, for all of you who think that sounds hilarious, it isn't actually that funny. The joke gets pretty old after a while.

I try to let that go because of the actual self awareness involved. Over the years there have been so many trash-tier anime that were pure fan service vehicles that Studio Trigger decided to build a parody of that onto an actually solid anime.

That's my excuse. Is it a good excuse? Not really. I'm just a fan of the team involved, and really liked it, minus the eye-rolling fan service nonsense.

qcf x2

Wow, that turned dark.

I found Fate Stay/Night to be insufferable. Not merely bad like Fate Unlimited, but actually terrible.

X. Not a fan of that one.

I love the X/1999 series :( At the very least the soundtrack is killer so it doesn't qualify for "no redeeming values". The movie on the other hand was among the worst things I've ever watched.

lol @ people saying HSotD as if it didn't have its redeeming qualities initially (this is from somebody who peaced out at ep 5).

∀ Narayan;249896907 said:
Code Geass R2

First season was alright, but this was just downright terrible. I can't believe I watched the entire series. I regret it.
Blasphemy. The only thing wrong with R2 from an entertainment perspective is that for some reason we are getting an R3.

I can't think of a 0/10 at all, I can't imagine finishing something that bad. The worst anime I finished in recent memory was Cross Ange, and that had me legitimately believing it had a chance to pull off a massive redemption until the director woke up and remembered that he set out to make a shitty show. It also had an amazing second OP so even that gets a couple points.

Dragonball Z is pretty bad, though... objectively, in retrospect, etc. Really bad. Like, I don't even want to give Super a chance bad.

air-gear-obama-w.jpg

LOL
I unfortunately didn't stop before that. I believe it was the arc after or something, only because someone told me about this and I had to read the madness.

That's good. I mean, my bar wasn't really to high since I've seen a lot of people on this one.

Not sure why people wouldn't like GXP if they liked any of the other Tenchi stuff. Seina is just a bad-luck Tenchi who isn't a fighter. The comedy is of a similar type, but I think the dynamic lends itself better. I can see people who dislike harems in general not having their mind changed by GXP, but isn't a 0/10 by any stretch. Especially if you do like Tenchi Muyo as it expands the lore and leads directly into the Ryo-ohki 3 and 4.

Top Bottom