• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you buy a Ninja Gaiden Master Ninja Collection ?

Eolz

Talk to 'em

Does anyone know why the Ninja Gaidens aren't on steam?

Koei Tecmo and especially Team Ninja aren't big fans of Steam/PC, and you don't port a game just like that. Would make more sense for them if it was a port also coming to other consoles (and so, pc as a bonus).

goldenpp72

I would but I would really hope they would somehow just focus on improving the 3d titles and not including all. As example, ninja gaiden black but with sigma graphics and fixed water visuals. Sigma games are always inferior overall. Ninja gaiden 2 on 360 is easily better but could be fixed up in so many ways.

Razors edge could use a lot of tweaks too, but I love the series so I'd buy it either way.

The Snes already has a Ninja Gaiden collection :) but yeah, i would one with the complete trilogy. I love 1, 2 and i have to admit that i really enjoyed Razor Edge on WiiU. Beated several times.

Psxphile

No but I would buy a new 2d nes sequel

That would have been interesting. Ninja Gaiden 4 for eShop/Steam/etc. Especially if it were as fun to play as NGII. Would they hire Inti-creates for the job? Who else could do the genre justice? What's Runmal (Masato Kato) up to these days...?

OjT4Req.gif

It'd be nice to see Irene again.

The Snes already has a Ninja Gaiden collection :)

Yeah, and it's the Sigma of classic OG Gaiden. Graphics are only slightly updated (altered palettes and touch-ups, mostly) and music somehow sounded worse. Some of the cool NES-era graphical effects used in cutscenes and stage gimmicks were either altered (for the worse) or just missing. And the blood was green.

But at least it had a save feature (kinda).

itxaka

Defeatist
Replaying black rigth now on the 360. Fuck is this game good.

I don't care about achievements or resolution, just make this game available to everyone.

Fuck me, how good is black? Goddammit, can't get over how good it is even with the shitty camera.

Ninja Dom

I've completely been through all of the games made from the 2004 reboot and onwards.

Already bought every one at full price on release. I bought NG 3 at full price for PS3 then Razors Edge for Wii U.

Thing is Hayashi believes Sigma 1, Sigma 2 and Razors Edge are the epitome of each game so a collection would involve those three games. The DS version of the game was excellent by the way.

S.Holmes

Banned
Ninja Gaiden Black and 2 or bust.

I cry everytime knowing I'll never experience a game like Black ever again while we have a million shooters every year.

Black and 2, most definitely.

If it included 3? I'd refuse to buy on principal of not supporting that miserable piece of shit of a game in any way, shape or form.

Shifty

Black and 2. Aye.

The series has been tragically mistreated considering how goddamn mad sick awesome it is.

Eolz

Yeah, Sigma versions are still decent despite their problems. Decent, nothing more.
No way they are fixing a lot of stuff again if they make new versions though. Too much work, and I say that as a dev. Not worth it, but it's nice to see that with RE they understood the feedback (hard to fix 3 more than what they did), and taking a break with NiOh.
I'm confident NG4 won't have those problems again, and Hayashi isn't really about directing anymore.

That would have been interesting. Ninja Gaiden 4 for eShop/Steam/etc. Especially if it were as fun to play as NGII. Would they hire Inti-creates for the job? Who else could do the genre justice? What's Runmal (Masato Kato) up to these days...?

OjT4Req.gif

It'd be nice to see Irene again.

I really dislike her redesign in the modern games, which is a shame since she has some importance.

Breakage

Sigma 2 on PS3 had fewer on screen enemies than the vanilla 360 version because the PS3 couldn't handle it.
The changes in Sigma 2 were made in response to the differences between the 360 and PS3.
There was a eurogamer tech article that went into more detail.

Atolm

Looking at the Vita versions we'd get more Sigma-based ports so I'd pass.

Current Team Ninja doesn't seem to acknowledge Itagaki's work even when almost everyone knows his games are far better than Hayashi's versions so there's that.

g.r.e.

Of course I'd buy it, but I'd never even install Ninja Gaiden 3. That game was a mistake, I've played the first chapter on the WiiU and that was enough for me.

bede-x

Looking at the Vita versions we'd get more Sigma-based ports so I'd pass.

I'd pay $60 for each of the first two Xbox games, but if we can only get Sigma, I'd still kind of want them just to have the games on modern systems. Would be a $5 Steam sale instead though.

I would pay £100 for a remaster of NGB and NG2 on PC/current gen consoles. Last replayed NGB last year but I have since retired my 360 so I currently have no way to play the best action game of all time.

UrbanRats

I would prefer a collection where it would contain

Ninja Gaiden Black
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge

This on PC.
I'd pay ANY price, KT.

I'd probably play through the Momiji campaign but that's it. I've seen enough videos to know it's a watered down experience compared to the original.

Sigma 2 haters are ridiculous.

Yes, Sigma 2 is flawed, but NG2 was far from perfect.
It's not the same difference that there was between Black and Sigma 1.

kc44135

Sigma 2 on PS3 had fewer on screen enemies than the vanilla 360 version because the PS3 couldn't handle it.
The changes in Sigma 2 were made in response to the differences between the 360 and PS3.
There was a eurogamer tech article that went into more detail.

The Sigma versions of NG 1 and 2 are great, and you're incorrect about the reasoning behind Sigma 2 having less enemies. You call out Sigma 2 for being "dumbed down" because it had less enemies and gore, but then conveniently forget to mention that the Xbox 360 version ran like garbage because it had too many enemies onscreen. Also, since we're bringing up Digital Foundry, they said the Xbox 360 version was "virtually unplayable" at times because of the performance issues, and that the PS3 version was the better version of the two. Give the Sigma games credit where their due, people. They're both great versions of great games.

ShinMaruku

All the people who want the game on steam must not know about Koei and PC. That said for the people who want black I hope you know that game was a fluke and was the aberration in Itagaki's output. But let's leave that to the side.

Brannon

The problem is that a proper collection needs Black and OG NG2; a.k.a the Half-Life 3s of the Ninja Gaiden compilation wishlists.

UrbanRats

All the people who want the game on steam must not know about Koei and PC. That said for the people who want black I hope you know that game was a fluke and was the aberration in Itagaki's output. But let's leave that to the side.
No, please, elaborate.
Black is considered by most the high point of the series.

Lt.Chips

GAF seems to want the Itagaki Collection,

But you all know in reality you'll get the Hayashi Collection.

I enjoyed both variants of NG so I'd be happy with anything. This gen is sorely missing Ryu Hayabusa.

The Sigma versions of NG 1 and 2 are great, and you're incorrect about the reasoning behind Sigma 2 having less enemies. You call out Sigma 2 for being "dumbed down" because it had less enemies and gore, but then conveniently forget to mention that the Xbox 360 version ran like garbage because it had too many enemies onscreen. Also, since we're bringing up Digital Foundry, they said the Xbox 360 version was "virtually unplayable" at times because of the performance issues, and that the PS3 version was the better version of the two. Give the Sigma games credit where their due, people. They're both great versions of great games.

It may have run better, but it was still a pile of shit.

There's no getting around that fact. Sigma and Sigma 2 are dumbed versions of their originals. They aren't how the game was intended to be played, they are easier, the encounters are different which throws combat off and the additional content was just pure nonsense for the most part.

Sigma's are for those who can't handle the real games so opt for the kiddie experience and pretend they are still able to handle in the adult swimming pool...

Lt.Chips

Sigma's are for those who can't handle the real games so opt for the kiddie experience and pretend they are still able to handle in the adult swimming pool...

It's 2016 and we're still seeing Itagaki Eliticism like this?

You had a valid point about the OGs being better than the Sigmas until this nonsense.

stn

I'd pay a high price for a remaster of Black, but with more skins, missions, and other extras. I'd also be down with vanilla NG2 with extra skins, missions, and so forth. Didn't care much for the Sigma titles, never bothered to play 3.

Izuna

Banned
Only if it had:

Black and not Sigma 1

and II with a better framerate.

Otherwise what's the point? I have both of these on 360 and the Sigma games didn't benefit from better graphics.

If it ends up being remasters of the sigma games, that wouldn't be good. But it would be.

EDIT: Lol OP, Sigma 2 didn't fix bugs, it introduced them (and poor design choices)

If they do a current gen collection, it will probably be Sigma 1 & 2 and Razor's Edge.

Which sucks, but if they ask the fans I'd hope the consensus would be Ninja Gaiden Black, Ninja Gaiden 2 and NG 3 Razors Edge.

That would get a buy from me and I'd be tentatively interested in a fourth NG game.

Ninja Dom

It may have run better, but it was still a pile of shit.

There's no getting around that fact. Sigma and Sigma 2 are dumbed versions of their originals. They aren't how the game was intended to be played, they are easier, the encounters are different which throws combat off and the additional content was just pure nonsense for the most part.

Nah, Sigma's are simply for PlayStation owners.

Top Bottom