• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would You Date Someone Who Is HIV Positive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiiikoo

Banned
Although the likelihood of getting HIV with todays drugs and using common sense, I don't think I could be able not to think about it, or stress about getting it. So I would say it would be best not to date someone who has HIV, for me that is.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
As for me, no, but that's just because I live in a country where I doubt proper HIV measures is even a thing in most people's mind. It's just risky.

If I am in somewhere where awareness about such things is widespread, then sure.

Isn't the sex implied? Otherwise how would you even know or care that the person was HIV+? Isn't that something that comes up when you're throwing around the idea of banging?

If you read through the topic, you will see that there is a stigma to HIV that includes simple things like just sharing a soda at the movies. Holding hands. Folks up in here don't really know what transmits and what does not.

have you ever been on a date?

This is what I'm talking about.

When I am dating someone, I am just trying to get to know them. Then there's an escalation in intimacy. If I'm having sex, we've moved beyond "dating."

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I feel like the answers to this question, especially on a left leaning board like GAF, *should* be mostly yes, but....

PREP is a thing. Antiretrovirals are a thing. HIV is an incredibly manageable disease nowadays. I would date a pos guy in a heartbeat.
I really don't see how being left or right comes into play for something like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom