• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WoW adds new Spec to Evokers in next Patch for DragonFlight

Blizzard just announced the next patch right after Season 2 has already started since this last tuesday. The new patch 10.1.5 will add a brand new spec, yes a brand new spec for the new Evoker class.

This is the first time in WoWs history where Blizzard has added a whole new spec to an existing class. And no, i am not counsing Guardian druid additiin because that was more of a balancing thing.

Adding a whole new spec is something normally you'd see as an expansion feature. I am absolutely amazed how Blizzard has really turned this game around. Dragonflight has been phenomenal since launch, they've been listening and adjusting the game and it's balance at a rapid please. Content t has been flowing in consistently. I am very happy WoW customer right now.

For those who want to check out the new spec it's called an Augmentation and is a buff spec that is DPS. It relies on buffing your allies/group. Essentially a Bard spec.

Full 10.1.5 Patch Details/Features - https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23951678/in-development-fractures-in-time

Augmentation Spec Preview - https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.co...s-with-the-augmentation-evoker-specialization

My fellow WoW players how have you been enjoying Season 2 so far? I love the new Mythic+ changes! I am a Mythic+ runner.

Last edited:

keraj37

scream.gif

Sethbacca

Honestly, I wish WoW would die at this point and make way for some innovation in the space. It's had a god tier run, just let it die.

Honestly, I wish WoW would die at this point and make way for some innovation in the space. It's had a god tier run, just let it die.
Lol? There are plenty of other games to play like FF14 and Elder Scrolls and they all co-exist and have plenty of customers. Why would you want something to die when there are millions of people who enjoy it? That's like saying The Last of Us and God of War had god tier runs and should also die. Very narrow minded point of view in my opinion.

To this day there is still no MMO that plays as smooth as WoW. And combat to this day, is still great. Only WoW 2 on a new engine can kill WoW. Nothing else.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

Lol? There are plenty of other games to play like FF14 and Elder Scrolls and they all co-exist and have plenty of customers. Why would you want something to die when there are millions of people who enjoy it? That's like saying The Last of Us and God of War had god tier runs and should also die. Very narrow minded point of view in my opinion.

To this day there is still no MMO that plays as smooth as WoW. And combat to this day, is still great. Only WoW 2 on a new engine can kill WoW. Nothing else.
It's an almost 20 year old game. The reason nobody gets WoW 2 or the long ago rumored World of Starcraft is because people keep paying for OG WoW. The faster everyone lets it die, the faster people can get something new and based on modern technology.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I tried the new expansion for a few weeks. But I noticed very much. How desperate Blizz is with Wow. If you buy the addon you get 30 days of game time for free. I think I also got a lot of older addons for free.

That never existed in the past . They must have lost many players to ff14. This new dragon race looked rather strange. I liked the old character designs more. Other than that, it looked quite nice. I didn't play it for too long, though.

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I wanted to like DragonFlight, but certain aspects of the writing and the community had me stop playing shortly after Mythic Vault opened. After trying with three different mythic raid guilds, I just gave up.

Tempted to pop back in, but unsure.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
At a glance Augmentation Dracthyr might be mandatory to take to a lot of things. On the other hand many players wanted a Tank spec for Dracthyr.

I have to say I'm more interested in Warlock Race changes in their roadmap. Draenei Warlocks at last. Hoping they give the Eredar skin color.

Phase

It's an almost 20 year old game. The reason nobody gets WoW 2 or the long ago rumored World of Starcraft is because people keep paying for OG WoW. The faster everyone lets it die, the faster people can get something new and based on modern technology.
You really think they have the skill to make a good modern version of this? Cause I don't.

CuNi

Only negative part I hate it's the actual dragon flight. I wish we could use regular flight and dragon flight.

But besides that, I love the new expansion!!! I need to get better in mythic+ tho.

Laieon

Only negative part I hate it's the actual dragon flight. I wish we could use regular flight and dragon flight.

But besides that, I love the new expansion!!! I need to get better in mythic+ tho.

I wish we could choose. I like dragon flight sometimes, but I'd also like to use my other flying mounts. I miss my moose.

Xyphie

By default WoW expansions have never come with game time, only the base game did. They did do a promo with 30 days very quickly after Dragonflight release though.

Spyxos

Gold Member
You always for a month with expansions, all the way back to BC. Again, it’s been a MMO standard since EverQuest.
Last one i bought was Pandaria and i had to buy game time extra.

Standalone expansions do not include additional free game time. If you need to add time to an account, please visit our Managing a World of Warcraft Subscription article for more information.

Last edited:

LordCBH

I played WoW forever ago but didn’t have anyone to actually play with so I stopped after I played the pandaria expansion. I wanna play the new one but not sure if I wanna drop $40 on it

Top Bottom