• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrassleGAF August Edition: Cult of Personality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Net_Wrecker said:
Too bad they're gonna throw a 10 minute Cee-Lo concert and have at least 1 "surprise" match.

There are so many guys not booked that any bonus match should at least be decent. I'm looking forward to seeing wrestle gaf during cee-lo should be hilarious. Should still have plenty of time for things. Tonight is gonna rock.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Net_Wrecker said:
Too bad they're gonna throw a 10 minute Cee-Lo concert and have at least 1 "surprise" match.
I'm expecting Cee-Lo to perform for a good 20-30 minutes.

(I actually don't have a huge problem with this. I like Cee-Lo more than an Ezekial Jackson match or an injured Rey Mysterio, at least.)

Ithil

cartoon_soldier said:
What is this talk about a surprise from Christian?
He said to Orton at the end of the last Smackdown that he had a "surprise" to ensure he had "the best thing going" at the No Holds Barred Match, which made him sort of seem looking forward to it.

It's probably Alex Riley again.

MetatronM said:
I'm expecting Cee-Lo to perform for a good 20-30 minutes.

(I actually don't have a huge problem with this. I like Cee-Lo more than an Ezekial Jackson match or an injured Rey Mysterio, at least.)

Cee-lo is pretty entertaining. At least were not getting Nickelback or Creed. That would be hell to suit through.

Ondore

My official Summerfest predictions:

Cena v Punk - Alberto DELLLLLLLLLLLLL RIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (but you already knew that)

Big Gold Belt - Randall Keith Orton

Tramp Stamp - Beth Phoenix, if there is a just and loving God

Lobsterhead vs Hand Daddy - Mark Henry

NXT Season 1 Explosion - DEE BRINE

Cee-Lo - Does not perform "F**k You", crowd is disappoint, I go take a dump

Bonus match - Kofi over Miz

Also, a word from @WWE_Creative:
We've got limited internet access during the show, so if you like the PPV it was us, and if not it was all Hunter's fault

You people accepting a Cee Lo concert in the middle of SummerFest are part of the problem. Lil Jimmys, the lot of you.

All of you better keep being so positive when he's walking around in his moo moo for 20 minutes.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
Net_Wrecker said:
You people accepting a Cee Lo concert in the middle of SummerFest are part of the problem. Lil Jimmys, the lot of you.

All of you better keep being so positive when he's walking around in his moo moo for 20 minutes.

whats summerfest?

anyway its not like they have alot of matches to hold peoples attention, maybe a music act helped sell tickets, and gets the crowd pumped for the second half of the show.

HenryHSH

I would love to see Punk winning clean then Cena raging on Punk after the match while Rio caches in to win the title. Of course, there's no way this would happen.

I can't help but hate how this feud played out. Imagine if Cena turned heel after MitB and helped Punk's character be more effective. Instead we have Punk wasting awesome promos on what has to be the most boring face in history. I think this is really hurting Punk's push, he could be so much more if Cena was heel... They can turn him back Face after he beats Rock clean at Wrestlemania and they make up. We all know that's going to be the outcome anyway.

zN3mE.jpg

Net_Wrecker said:

Ehh, it's alright.

Net_Wrecker said:

Stuff like this has been happening in wrestling for years. If your not a fan of the entertainment aspect of wrestling check out ROH when it debuts should be more up your ally.

somedevil

The concert been done before by WWE. Its not a new thing. Only Fozzy will make everyone love it. I like Ceel-lo green so to the haters: lol

1zxmxq9.jpg

rvd2kewl

I don't have the slightest interest in seeing Cee Lo Green on my TV. Didn't care for his performance during the NBA All-Star weekend and certainly don't want him on a show I'm paying $55 for.

sf2fanatic said:
Since its L.A. a Dwayne sighting?

Supposedly he's in New Orleans filming GI Joe all weekend.

Finally got to watch RAW...the past few weeks have been pretty solid, but I really enjoyed, not much fluff and the matches were all solid, the end was probably the best "contract signing", i've seen in a long time. Pretty entertaining, and I just realized SummerSlam was tonight....so i'm pumped...

should I bother watching SD, haven't seen it in about a month? I know Christian is champ which is cool, but how his feud with Orton has progressed and any other things I should be looking out for, i'm clueless on.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
The Miz will attack C-Lo before his concert starts, then proceed to lip sync his songs as they play over the PA for a good 10 minutes or so.

Ninja_Hawk said:
Finally got to watch RAW...the past few weeks have been pretty solid, but I really enjoyed, not much fluff and the matches were all solid, the end was probably the best "contract signing", i've seen in a long time. Pretty entertaining, and I just realized SummerSlam was tonight....so i'm pumped...

should I bother watching SD, haven't seen it in about a month? I know Christian is champ which is cool, but how his feud with Orton has progressed and any other things I should be looking out for, i'm clueless on.

I thought SD was decent this week.

bangai-o said:
with C-Lo? yes please

I have been thinking it could happen ever since he did his promo on raw to complain he was not on the PPV. I 100% think he is going to interupt someone, and Cee Low seems the obvious one to me. If he goes on one song too many, then Miz might get a few cheers when his music hits - then he comes out and hits the skull crushing finale. They could even turn Miz face with it i they want.

Also, such an interruption might get WWE some write ups in the media - which they like.

IMO It should be mandatory for guest stars to put over a wrestlers if they appear on the shows dammit!

krae_man

Dork Knight said:
Cool video of Chris Masters crashing SummerFest Axxess: http://youtu.be/3V0IdyO4tuk

Like I said when he was released, I always liked this guy. He was green as hell when he debuted, yeah, but he got way better as time went on. Sad to see him go.

He said wrestling. He's gonna get FE'd...oh wait.

Edit: "Hey wait, why are you in the (Summerslam) Program?" :lol

Dork Knight said:
Cool video of Chris Masters crashing SummerFest Axxess: http://youtu.be/3V0IdyO4tuk

Like I said when he was released, I always liked this guy. He was green as hell when he debuted, yeah, but he got way better as time went on. Sad to see him go.
great stuff, chris is a good dude. Sad that he got fired, he was improving behind the scenes for sure.

bangai-o

Banned
Dork Knight said:

he seems to have a good personality. I dont recall his wrestling though as I dont always catch Smackdown.

"I like you on big time rush!"

Dork Knight said:

I'd like to see Masters follow up on the promo he cut on ZTLIS but instead of going after Ryder, he faces the Big O in a backyard wrestling match on youtube.

bangai-o said:
he seems to have a good personality. I dont recall his wrestling though as I dont always catch Smackdown.

"I like you on big time rush!"

He hasn't been on SD in months. But I heard he'd been getting better on SuperStars. He was never particularly interesting on the mic or in the ring IMO. But he did make his boobies dance, so there was that.

Guys, I have a dilemma.

I really want to watch SummerSlam tonight, but tonight is also the...

SEASON FINALE OF THE NEXT FOOD NETWORK STAR!!!

WHICH DO I WATCH?!?!?!?!?! :-o

krae_man

Dork Knight said:
Guys, I have a dilemma.

I really want to watch SummerSlam tonight, but tonight is also the...

SEASON FINALE OF THE NEXT FOOD NETWORK STAR!!!

WHICH DO I WATCH?!?!?!?!?! :-o

Dual Lamp it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom