• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Key Claims in Trump Dossier Said to Come From Head of Russian-US Business Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peltz

TL:DR version of why people are praising BowieZ:

Last para (second post). ;-)

Essentially Trump, most likely, dealt intimately with a Russian pawn who, most likely, was involved in procuring intelligence assets (in the form of unsuspecting American businesspeople), possibly knowingly, but either way as part of an insidious, carefully devised long con by perpetual President Putin.

The second post is the most meaningful right now, but the whole thing forms an incredibly rich tapestry that at the very least proves Donald Trump to have risen to the Presidency to help unlock business potential in Russia and the East Bloc... a mutual benefit to Putin, of course, who most definitely ordered the hacks.

Nephtes

At what point do we ask Trump to prove he didn't go to Russia by producing his 2007 and 2013 passports?

Ooooooo... is this going to start a "passporter" movement?
The irony if so...

Nafai1123

Banned
Yeah, it's either one of two things. He was told by Russia to provide disinformation or he's an idiot who was having some laughs ("Can you believe Trump did this?!") not realizing word would get out.

Well if it's the latter I sure hope he doesn't "accidentally" die of radiation poisoning before he can be questioned.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Is Trump going to put anyone in this thread on a watch list?

Oh crap. I shouldn't have posted in here.

Oh crap. I certainly shouldn't have suggested they put us all on a watch list.

norinrad

WSJ hates Trump right? Maybe they will be the ones to take him down.

It's not hate, it's about doing their damn job by bringing the public the facts, unlike those who lie.

I hope politico, mother Jones, nytimes, the guardian and every major news outlet out makes sure they are held accountable for their actions.

RPGCrazied

It's not hate, it's about doing their damn job by bringing the public the facts, unlike those who lie.

I hope politico, mother Jones, nytimes, the guardian and every major news outlet out makes sure they are held accountable for their actions.

I know. I just want Trump out of office as soon as possible. I'd gladly take Pence at this point.

Ryzaki009

Weren't they the ones who sat on the Trump/Russia story in the first place?

BowieZ

Banned
I think you guys are overstating my contribution. :p

I simply converted a couple of articles into a timeline format. I'm sure MotherJones etc have their own version of a timeline, from which they write their journalistic prose. I just tried to reverse it, and cross-checked it with similar articles.

I don't think WSJ saw this thread first; they clearly followed numerous independent leads that led them to publish this, and if anything the MotherJones/Daily Beast reporting just spurred them on (in fact, MJ's recent story amounted to: "I think everyone needs to look into this!" lol)

MotherJones definitely deserves most of the credit if this ever amounts to anything. They were the most critical and investigative of Trump last year, and they clearly haven't stopped.

Polari

I wonder if Polari also thinks the Wall Street Journal is being "deliberately dishonest."

Nope. The article reads like a proper piece of journalism to me, clearly stating where things can't be verified and not drawing any conclusions beyond what's presented.

Dalek

Nope. The article reads like a proper piece of journalism to me, clearly stating where things can't be verified and not drawing any conclusions beyond what's presented.

133554959-thumb_backpedal.gif~c200

Morts

I really hope this report indicates things are moving quickly behind the scenes.

Reading the news these past four days is taking a physical toll on me.

BowieZ

Banned
Not sure which thread of the two threads to post this in, but a very insightful ABC News interview with Millian came out today 6 months ago about this topic, and can be found here:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/us-r...ce-key-trump-dossier-claims/story?id=45019603

Guy looks seriously freaked out that his next glass of water might be polonium laced lol

Michael Cohen, Trump's personal lawyer, told ABC News that he exchanged emails with Millian in order to tell him to stop exaggerating his ties to the Trump Organization. Cohen said he wrote Millian to say it had become clear ”that you too are seeking media attention off of this false narrative of a Trump-Russia alliance" and to ask him to stop ”attempting to inject yourself into this crazy, [Hillary] Clinton campaign lie."

Millian told ABC News he met Trump in 2008 during a marketing meeting in Florida to help bring attention to the Trump Hollywood development. At the event he posed for a photo with Trump and, he said, was introduced to Cohen, who was then a senior attorney for the Trump Organization.

”Trump team, they realized that we have lots of connection with Russian investors. And they noticed that we bring a lot of investors from Russia," Millian said in the July interview. ”And they needed my assistance, yes, to sell properties and sell some of the assets to Russian investors."

Millian said he signed an agreement ”with his team so I can be his official broker."

”So we did a lot of marketing for Trump. We presented his team with a proposal. It's an 11-page proposal that we wrote. And some of the items were, in fact, implemented successfully in Russia," he said.

Both Cohen and the developer of Trump Hollywood, the Related Group, told ABC News that they never had a signed agreement with Millian. ”Related has no record of having paid Sergei Millian as a broker or otherwise," the real estate company said in a statement to ABC News.

Millian told ABC News he was in Moscow during Trump's 2013 visit but that he did not travel with Trump or meet with him there. ”He worked with some of our advisers," Millian said, adding that he believed Trump was interested in Russia for both business and pleasure.

He likes Russia because he likes beautiful Russian ladies," Millian said. ”He likes talking to them, of course. And he likes to be able to make lot of money with Russians, yes, correct."

RiZ III

Even if Trump hired prostitutes in Russia and took a piss on them, his supporters won't care. I mean this is a guy who was caught bragging about grabbing women's genitals without their permission and still won the election.

Even if Trump hired prostitutes in Russia and took a piss on them, his supporters won't care. I mean this is a guy who was caught bragging about grabbing women's genitals without their permission and still won the election.
The piss has never been the big story, but I agree that it wouldn't matter to his true believer base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom