• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Nintendo making Zelda mobile game, Animal Crossing mobile Fall, new Poke TCG app

Yagami_Sama

Pokemon TGC I would buy. Played a lot the browser version in the past. But a Zelda game for mobile is curious, maybe it will play like the DS games or a "shrine maker" with the same game play as the DS version.

What exactly have they.... increased? I feel that if anything, they made it more problematic because the impression I got is that for 10 dollars this is all you can expect from Nintendo, and nothing more. Not even post-release support. That's kinda disappointing when we're talking about just 6 worlds of 4 short stages each. That's not increasing the average perceived worth of content, that's saying that they can't sell something for more than 10 dollars, and for 10 dollars don't expect much. People are not going to look at this as the content of SMR being what we deserve for 10 dollars, but rather that Nintendo is cheap and sucks at supporting their paid products on mobile.

On the other hand, if the base game is 10 bucks, and they continued to support it with content that increasingly trained people who enjoyed the game to understand how much they are expected to pay in exchange for quality ongoing support of content, that would be setting a value system that lasts.

Agreed, the upfront pricing is less baffling than SMR's near-total rejection of the GaaS business model.

duckroll

I've been thinking about what I'd do with SMR if I were Nintendo. Me personally, I'd announce another 24 levels for $10 ready to download. And then I'd say there's another 2 lots of 24 levels coming before the end of March 2018 for $10 each. And once all the levels are out, I'd let people buy everything in one go for $35.

Now I've conditioned people to buy full priced games on mobile.

For more levels, especially airship ones (fuck ghost houses!) I would certainly have paid more. I even like the Toad Rally concept. It's just not enough to keep me playing the game over and over if it's the same bunch of levels though.

Nerrel

Well...Metroid isn't a Major Nintendo franchise

Pam-Crying.gif

Clefargle

Just let me showcase my home from the switch version , link up with a common friends list, and sell items through the app. Everything else is gravy

messiaen

IIRC, any mobile games related to Pokemon are handled by TPC (The Pokemon Company) and don't fall under Nintendo's mobile strategy/DeNA partnership.
Yeah, you're right. Looks like there's already a number of Pokemon apps in the store released by TPC. Had no idea.

Makes more sense now. But Animal Crossing... Hoping this means a Switch AC is on its way soon.

JoeM86

Yeah, you're right. Looks like there's already a number of Pokemon apps in the store released by TPC. Had no idea.

Makes more sense now. But Animal Crossing... Hoping this means a Switch AC is on its way soon.

Yeah. Pokémon has had mobile presence since 2011 and with every release up to Pokémon GO the media said it was the first Nintendo/Pokémon app

Top Bottom