• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Secretary of State contenders are Iran hawk John Bolton and Rudy Giuliani.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibiru

Banned
Why would the emergence of Bolton mean Trump is talking to Cheney? Bolton was a supporter of Trump and on Fox News constantly talking positively about him. It isn't like he came out of nowhere.

I should add that I think Bolton is pretty scary so I do not support him at all!

rec0ded1

Mmr1TIP.png

Bush speechwriter, if you're not aware.

Damn so we're in an alternate universe where bush was a new hope, obama was empire strikes back, and trump is return of the jedi.

Azzanadra

Bolton is most Neo-Con blowhard out of the three and the least intellectual.

At least Newt Gingrich can run circles with his mouth and reasoning to make things sound softer.

Bolton is too hot headed and is high risk

Don't get me wrong i would take Newt too, but from Rudy and Bolton which is what it appears to be, I would take Bolton.

Electret

Bolton would be an absolute disaster; he was one of the quintessential W-era neocons. Years ago he came to my university to speak. Though I don't remember the specifics, I remember him doubling down on the terrible foreign policy decisions the Bush administration made with intellectually bankrupt justification.

This doesn't really make things any better, but I think it's pretty likely that Trump is exerting minimal influence on these decisions. Trump hasn't even been inaugurated and Pence has already taken full control.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
It really makes no sense comparing who would be worse because they are literally all the worst possible candidates.

RDreamer

The thought of Rudy goddamned Giuliani representing us to other nations and negotiating treaties that could mean life or death to millions is just... fucking wow

Big bro Putin will likely tell Trump that Iran is a no, no

but honestly eventually something might happen between Trump and Russia

some ego fight which may cause more harm then good

especially since people like them use war in order to distract the populace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom