• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Secretary of State contenders are Iran hawk John Bolton and Rudy Giuliani.

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

Mmr1TIP.png

Bush speechwriter, if you're not aware.

Guy.brush

So war of distraction against Iran coming up in 2.5 years so the American public will unite and forget that nothing got done and vote for Trump's 2nd term?

Goodstyle

Israel has been anxious to attack Iran, the Obama administration seemingly kept that at bay.

I'm worried what will happen.

Iran is toast if Bolton becomes SS, it's basically his life's dream to see it become ashes. And when that happens, people are just going to say "Well, Clinton was going to do it anyways" to abdicate themselves of responsibility, but I want people thinking that right now to know that you are wrong.

Weren't these people disgraced when they left office during the administration? Why are these names from an era best never to be relived appearing again?

That Bolton is even part of the conversation is disheartening. All the people who cried hawk for months are in for a very rude awakening if it's him. Unrepentant neocon.

Kusagari

Weren't these people disgraced when they left office during the administration? Why are these names from an era best never to be relived appearing again?

They're appearing for the exact reason you stated. They were the only ones with so little to lose, they cozied up to Trump.

Espada

FUCK, either we get Giuliani who has turned into/revealed himself to be a raging asshole or we get Bolton, who I remember being a fucking terrible Ambassador to the UN. He seemed to have an open contempt for the UN as a whole; having him in an even more powerful position would be awful.

Yup, when I first heard Bolton's name popping up again I immediately thought "NO". That guy is horrendous, a war-hawk, and incredibly abrasive. People are afraid of Trump as President, by my god his cabinet picks are looking like something out of a nightmare.

Zukkoyaki

I like to think there are enough somewhat level-headed republicans in the senate that would block Bolton's appointment. Fuck all of this.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
On the plus side, there's no way Trump would be able to get another "coalition of the willing".

Which would probably mean an awful lot of scheming anyway.

FUCK.

This is Bolton on Iraq with over a decade of hindsight:
“I still think the decision to overthrow Saddam was correct. I think decisions made after that decision were wrong, although I think the worst decision made after that was the 2011 decision to withdraw U.S. and coalition forces,"

On the plus side, there's no way Trump would be able to get another "coalition of the willing".
May ?

I thought it was rumoured to be Gingrich? I'l take Bolton from these two, I guess.

Bolton is most Neo-Con blowhard out of the three and the least intellectual.

At least Newt Gingrich can run circles with his mouth and reasoning to make things sound softer.

Bolton is too hot headed and is high risk

Opto

Banned
Oh I do hope it all goes well! It won't be so bad, despite all evidence to the contrary. You fucking spoons

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Chris Christie, despite being a typical corrupt NJ politician and a bully, once reached across the aisle and worked with Obama to help victims of Hurricane Sandy, and made no apologies for it.

In other words, he's actually the most sane and reasonable high-profile Republican politician there is right now. It's no wonder he's getting set aside and replaced by the loonies.

Codeblue

Why the hell is John Bolton back?

I thought Trump was always against the Iraq war and everything any Bush administration did was a disaster?

Rudy Giuliani, seriously? As shit as Bolton is, at least he wasn't pulled from the stable of "people who bought Trump lunch at some point last week".

God, his cabinet short-list is like a fat kid's kickball team roster.

Lo-Volt

Remember that passage from Man In The High Castle where all the Japanese trade officials start comparing notes on which Nazi German minister is more dangerous, and in what ways? This is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom