• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF is with moderation on neogaf lately ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dontero

Banned
Take this to the meta or review thread

Ok i got 2 or 3 warning for absolute bullshit.
This is the thread and my post was deleted.

I was commenting on how Phil Spencer excuses himself from creating next gen games because "reasons". And somehow it is:

unknown.png

This is the 'reasonable comment' I made that was about Phil Spencer excusing himself. As you can see it does nothing of the sort. It's just a low effort post with manufactured quotes, and I have misrepresented what I actually said and its intent.

Ru3smiW.png

Not only post didn't contain attack on anyone other than Spencer for his idiotic comment about "dividing players" but it also was removed completely as if i posted some smut shit.

It was removed to avoid pages of quotes and arguments, but this is exactly what you wanted. Similar to how you started a spongebob squarepants thread in order to derail into arguments about the TLOU II which was closed:

------
This comes after another warning where some mod decided that my post was "unfunny" in PS thread despite the fact that i had like 10 lol reactions.

This was the thread in which you admitted you were trolling right? And why you were reply banned. Trolling is unfunny, it's even more unfunny when the bait isn't taken and you're ignored Here

This is false and i object ! It is not derail but trolling. I hereby demand that mods should change reason for ban in this thread from derail to trolling and remove that part about unfunny since people found it funny which is confirmed in reactions and reposts. Otherwise mods will be declared to have absolutely "no humor".

Are mods that butthurt about people commenting on consoles and not being happy about them ?

Is it : "Please consume our product and be excited for next one ?

The other one:

This is the same one linked above. Perhaps you mean the other example of low effort antagonstic posting you were warned for which was this:

Last edited by a moderator:
In fairness I think most of us are getting tired of the console warrior bollocks that always starts boiling over in the run up to a new generation so a warning seems sensible just to try and keep people from going too far, but yeah, unless you're making direct threats, deliberately posting spoilers or being completely off topic with you're warring, deleting the comment seems a step too far.

Bit hard to judge without knowing what you posted though.

brap

Banned
Certain "people" reported it which is why you got in trouble. I wonder what kind of "person" would report that post? It's why I don't post in next gen threads anymore. Too many "people" reporting things they don't like to get others in trouble. I'm sure you could tell who reported it.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Professionalism goes a long way.

I know it's easy to feel like you were wronged, get caught up in the anger of the moment, and make a stand, but... that isn't how adult affairs are settled, unless it's come down to no other options, and that's certainly not the case here.

Talk to them. They're pretty reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom