• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

shanafan

Is the only possible match involving eliminations (not tag team) the Elimination Chamber?

I used to love doing fatal way four elimination matches in DOR on GameCube.

I don't even see it on my ps4.

It may have been pulled as people are having issues with their Universe breaking on the 2k forums.

RBH

20a507fb61f6ee7a197e2745b67ad9ebbf7389c5.jpg__940x420_q85_crop-smart_subject_location-2066,493_upscale.jpg

WWE 2K16's already vast roster was bolstered by another five grapplers with the release of yesterday's Future Stars DLC – yet publisher 2K Sports has now advised gamers not to download it, after it was found to completely break Universe Mode.

The pack contains Samoa Joe along with two tag teams: Blake & Murphy, and Los Matadores. Within hours of release numerous gamers on both 2K16's official forum and the independent caws.ws reported serious issues, whereby all data in Universe Mode was being reset once it was installed. Essentially, three months spent putting together tag teams, building in-game storylines and customising shows were rendered obsolete in an instant.

Late last night, 2K responded. "We’re aware of an issue some users are experiencing with Universe Mode save data connected to the Future Stars Pack DLC," wrote community manager Bryan Vore. "After initial investigation, we’ve found this issue only affects PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions of the game. PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 users will not experience this issue. If you are an active Universe Mode player on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, we recommend waiting to download the Future Stars Pack until we fully investigate and resolve the issue. Thank you for your patience."

Despite the issues the pack is still available for purchase from both the PlayStation and Xbox Games Stores at time of writing.

This is the second year in a row where the WWE 2K series has had a major issue with regards to deleting users' saved game data. Plainly, it isn't on.
http://www.gamesradar.com/dont-panic-new-wwe-2k16-dlc-breaks-main-game-mode/

dubq

Second year in a row my ass. This bug has been around since at least WWE '12. Where you had to download the DLC and system-quit the game from the inside "WWE shop" menu otherwise it would reset all of your superstar threads and Universe mode.

shanafan

Second year in a row my ass. This bug has been around since at least WWE '12. Where you had to download the DLC and system-quit the game from the inside "WWE shop" menu otherwise it would reset all of your superstar threads and Universe mode.

Game breaking bugs in WWE games have been around since No Mercy ;)

Is there a similar "workaround" for 2K16?

Future Stars glitch fix coming today for PS4 and they lumped in their regular patch work with it.

WWE 2K16 - Patch 1.05 PS4

GAMEPLAY
• Fixed an issue where Superstars were able to perform Finishers and OMG! moves with insufficient stamina
• Fixed an issue where Superstars were unable to perform the Announce Table OMG! move when having both a signature and a Finisher stored during a match
• Addressed an issue where COM Superstars would continuously perform Irish whips against opponents when competing in multiman matches
• Weight detection now functions properly against Super Heavyweight Custom Superstars
• Fixed an issue where the illegal man in a tag team match could get stuck on the ropes after pulling an opponent down from the top turnbuckle
• The fourth strike in Roman Reigns’s strike combo will now connect properly
• Fixed an issue where COM players would not take action when another Superstar was leaning against a ladder
• Fixed a significant warping issue when trying to lift a prone opponent on top of the cell in a Hell in A Cell match
• Superkick 5 is now reversible
• The Rock and Ultimate Warrior will now perform signature/Finisher combos rather than going for a pin immediately after a signature is performed
• The AI will perform corner grapples and strikes more often to a cornered opponent rather than always putting them in a Tree of Woe position or performing a top rope seated attack
• Addressed additional warping issues with several moves
• Fixed an issue where COM Superstars would trigger a comeback after a Finisher rather than going for a pin
• Addressed issues where a certain move could be triggered at an incorrect range
• Fixed several issues where an incorrect move was performed when the opponent was in certain positions
• Adjusted the aerial range attribute to have a more notable effect on how far a Superstar can jump with diving/springboard attacks
• Addressed an exploit with the Testicular Claw move

VISUAL PRESENTATION
• Fixed an issue with how Superstars appeared in the ring during pre-match scenes of several tag team match types
• Fixed a clipping issue with Triple H’s water bottle in a steel cage match
• Fixed an issue where the opponent didn’t appear during JBL’s victory scene
• Addressed multiple presentation issues with Rick Rude’s robe during his entrance
• Fixed issues with how necklace accessories appear while entering with a Championship
• Fixed an issue with the in-match appearance of hair after editing a long-haired Superstar’s alternate attire

WWE CREATIONS
• Added the ability for a creator to delete self-uploaded logos from WWE Community Creations and the My Logos area in Logo Manager
• Created another pattern option for stage display elements in WWE Creations - Arena to support both static and non-static presentation. Stage display elements set to “Pattern A” will remain static. Elements set to “Pattern B” will be replaced by Superstar trons when appropriate (such as during entrances)
• Adjusted additional clipping conflicts with clothing parts combinations
• Fixed an issue with Title Motions not looping properly when previewed in Advanced Entrance Creation
• Fixed an issue with black bars flashing at the top of the screen when playing custom arenas using Venue Size 4

2K SHOWCASE
• Fixed an issue with the ladder moving unnaturally after Stone Cold obtains the briefcase in the King of the Ring 1999 Match
• Fixed an issue with gameplay and QTE commentary overlapping during the Rock Bottom 1998 match
• Users are now able to switch targets at will when using Manual Targeting in multi-man matches in 2K Showcase matches

WWE UNIVERSE
• Addressed an issue that occurred when the “WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack” was installed where certain WWE Universe elements would reset (ongoing rivalries, calendar changes, edited shows, championship rankings) and changes wouldn’t save properly when exiting the mode or restarting the title. The level of impact varied by user, but users who replaced a default show slot with a Custom Show are more likely to have been impacted. Rivalries, calendar changes, custom shows, and championship rankings can now be manually readjusted.

Users who installed the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack on Patch 4 and encountered issues with Universe elements resetting may not be able to recover all data from their pre-WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack installation WWE Universe save state, particularly with regards to statistics and ongoing rivalry stories for shows impacted by the reset. Affected users should not have to reset their entire Universe save state to continue playing the mode, which will now save changes properly.
• The “Weeks Held” statistic for a Championship now reflects total weeks held and not just consecutive weeks held
• Fixed an exploit that could allow Diva v. Superstar matches under specific conditions
• Addressed an issues with Survivor Series rivalries failing to resolve as a 6-Man Elimination Tag Team Match
• Rivalry matches are no longer removed when simulating normal matches on a card and then altering one of the Rivalry Superstars in the Customize Universe menu
• Reduced the frequency at which tag team matches would be auto-generated as Elimination Tag Team matches
• Addressed a stability issue with Alicia Fox’s entrance in Rivalry matches
• Fixed an issue where Superstars not assigned to the host shows could appear in Royal Rumble matches

MENU
• Fixed an issue that prevented play in tag team tournaments with a COM partner or two player-controlled Superstars that each had multiple attires

AUDIO
• The ring announcement now properly triggers when announcing a Custom Tag Team Title match featuring a Custom Superstar
• Fixed issue with audio playing in the menus after winning a match as Bray Wyatt
• Fixed audio issues with R-Truth’s “What’s Up?” chant during his victory scene
• Addressed an audio delay when introduce a custom team using The Shield tag entrance
• Addressed several issues of incorrect commentary triggering for certain moves
• Resolved several missing sound effects

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
• Added support for the “2015 Hall of Fame Showcase” downloadable content ahead of release. Players who have not purchased the downloadable content will still be able to matchmake with and participate in matches against those who have the downloadable content installed.

Guess the Hall of Fame showcase pack is due soon as well.

Which WWE game (not PC) supported the import of music? I read that WWE Raw 2 on XBox supported it. Any ones else?

Yeah, Raw 2 did. I believe most of the PS3/Xbox One SvsRaw games did as well. Including WWE 13 and the WWE 2k games.

I am hoping it is coming to WWE 2k17 for PS4. Now that Sounds of the Show has been announced for MLB 16: The Show on PS4 an easy way to import music into the game to use as music exists.

Why does this game have only ONE standing power bomb (Jackknife)? Its annoying that they had plenty in 2K14. Now I can't edit Vader's or my CAW of Sids specials. Times like this I really wish they implemented the create finisher. Its the little things like timing and taunting that made the moves distinct. Bummer

shanafan

Crazy how in 2K14 I can do a fatal four-way battle royal, but change the match options to pinfall only - thus making it an elimination match.

No such luck in 2K16 :(

So this is $40 on PSN right now. How is it?
I actually haven't played a wrestling game since the Smackdown PS2 games. I gave up on wrestling around that time.
Now I'm sorta kinda into it again. Kinda.

Stat!

I actually haven't played a wrestling game since the Smackdown PS2 games. I gave up on wrestling around that time.

In the same boat but from Gamecube to Now.

Honestly? The game can be fun in short spurts. Gameplay is fun, flaws aren't revealed too quickly. I loved the Austin Career mode stuff. pretty enjoyable.

The Story mode for your created guy is super lackluster and it takes way too long to set up your character and jump in/skip the tutorials.

Universe I haven't really tried since Im not sure how if I would enjoy the idea of making my own storylines in my head.

shanafan

Universe I haven't really tried since Im not sure how if I would enjoy the idea of making my own storylines in my head.

I open Notepad, and create face/heel roster, along with champions, and proposed matches. It can be pretty fun!

Brings me back to the TMN7 days.. major props if you know the reference.

Demoskinos

I'd say keep expectations low and you can have a decent time. The huge offender to me is they still haven't gotten their creation suites up to par with what I'd like. The game play itself is a bit better paced this year but overall no huge huge changes that are going to really change minds about the franchise one way or the other. If you still hated previous games you'll hate this one if you liked previous ones you might find some fun.

Neverfade

Trying this out. Insane that there's no detailed control tutorial (that I can see anyway).

How, if possible, do I pick an opponent up from the mat so they're facing away from me?

Is it possible to spin them around while they're dazed and on their feet, too? edit- figured this one out too. Would still rather directly pick up to behind.

How do you get into the paper-rock-scissors tie up? This seems to happen at the beginning of a match constantly and never again. Is it possible later in a match?

How do you put an opponent into that stamina-regaining hold - usually a headlock while they're sitting I suppose. - Edit - Think I figured this one out. Hold X behind them while they're sitting?

Holy shit this game is garbage. I bought it because it was on sale last week on Xbox One, and I'm doing the showcase mode... and every match is just so infuriating. The last WWE 2K game I played was 2K13 or 14, the Wrestlemania focused one, and while that mode had flaws, it wasn't as terrible as this one.

I'm in just the third match against Bret Hart and every challenge is so annoying. "Irish whip bret hart into the barricade." it takes so much time to set it up and ... it doesn't do anything. He gets whipped in and that's the end of it. Then, damage a supine bret hart. Ok. And it launches a QTE that you wait like 45 seconds for for the event to come up. It took so damn long I wasn't paying attention and missed it the first time. So I replay the match, do it correctly the second time, but then I can't get stupid Bret Hart onto his back to initiate the "Grapple a prone bret hart" challenge, so basically I'm trying move after move to get him on his back. Finally, I get him on his back with some luck hitting him with a chair, and then he reverses the move, and puts me ina back breaker to make me submit.

The game is garbage. Collision detection sucks, your wrestlers punch at air 20% of the time. At one point I picked up a ladder and went to hit my opponent with it, and my guy just swung at air 3 times and kept missing the opponent. The opponent eventually got the ladder from me, went to hit me, and missed me 3 times because the ring stairs were in between us on the ground.

The lack of a training mode or even a manual for the game is a joke. There are so many complex controls that you wouldn't know how to do unless you look them up online. "How do you do limb damae" "how do you grapple an opponent on the mat" "how does the submission system work," they don't tell you any of this shit so you have to google it... And then sit through some 16 year old's YouTube video as he tells you to Like Share and Subscribe for 5minutes and then finally reveals how the stupid submission system works. There isn't even a description of the overly complicated meters in the bottom left of the screen.

Further, the things they said they improved, like implementing a strategic reversal system, are simply bull shit. The reversal system is as worse as it's ever been. The CPU still reverses nearly everything when you just have the stupid Showcase mode moment setup... the number of times Bret Hart reversed my feable attemps to throw him into the barricade were so frustrating. Or, when I'm just trying to get him out of the ring and he constantly reverses the Irish whip. When I do win one of these modes, I don't feel any sense of accomplishment or any interest in ever replaying that match, I feel a sense of relief that I got through the stupid thing. There is no challenge for trying to setup a wrestler on the ropes for an arbitrary, pointless spot that means nothing but giving you a red check mark. It's not challenging to do it, it's just annoying to do it because you need to hope that your useless grapple, at any point, doesn't get reversed and then you have to start the process over again. The hardest thing in this mode is trying to do the stupid scenarios they need... Why does Bret need to be on his belly? Why does it matter? Why can't you just put him on his back and hit the "Awesome" button and then stone cold miraculously turns Bret Hart over? Instead, my challenge was trying to figure out what combination of moves might put Bret on his stomach instead of his back, and after suffering through 10 minutes of a frustrating match, when I finally got the stupid idiot onto his belly, he reversed the move and put me in a weak ass submission hold that Stone Cold submitted to.

WWE 2K16 is just a bad game. People who play it every year might think that it is okay because they play the game every year, and every year the game is dog shit, so when it's slightly improved dog shit one year over the previous one, people say "Oh, it's definitely improved this year!" But it's just been improving on constant dog shit. Everything is so convoluted and doesn't make any sense. Why is the grapple system so convoluted? Why isnt it explained anywhere? Why do you do standing manuevers sometimes, and other times go into a grapple, and sometimes body slam a guy, but then sometimes put him into a rear chin lock? Why isn't this explained anywhere in the game? It seems like Yukes, or whoever, is trying to make a more simulation-based combat game, but they half-ass it, so while they want you to think of it as a slower, thinking man's simulation wrestling game, they don't explain any part of the simulation even once... God forbid if you haven't been buying this shit game every year, you're stuck with no idea what is going on and what you're supposed to be doing in the ring.

I'm having friends over for Wrestlemania on Sunday and I thought, hell, why not fire up a little 4 player WWE before Wrestlemania... but that'd be impossible. The control scheme is so freaking stupidly complex, the only thing people would know how to do is to strike... WHo ever thought that stupid rock/paper/scissor mini game was a good idea is beyond me. I'm not going to fire up a wrestling game and then say "Oh, so every match starts off with an X/B/Y mini game where you have to hit Y and I have to hit X, if I hit X, then I transition into a submission move, where two meters appear on the screen... You have to jiggle the stick until a red dot appears and hold the stick there before I jiggle my stick, and then you have the upper hand, and we do it again, and then I have the upper hand and we do it again." When that whole system does NOTHING. Why not just let me suplex the guy instead?

The game has no excitement. It's completely stale. The CPU's ability to reverse anything whenever they want is utter dog shit, it makes for no flow in the game. I lose the Showcase matches trying to setup their stupid scenarios ("Damage Bret Hart at Ringside" or "Perform a stun gun on Bret Hart" ..... Ok? Why? It's not like this leads into any video or gives me any sense of the match...?), basically just trying to get idiot Bret Hart into position, wasting time, and he ends up pinning me after like a back body drop. In their effort to emulate a wrestling match, they've complete missed the mark.

The crowd is also so goddam dull too. I finally did the stupid Austin / Bret Hart double turn match, and you have JR at the end of it saying "The crowd is chanting AUSTIN AUSTIN!" and in the game you just don't hear anything... Just the same dull silence that fills every other moment in the game. Again, still no excitement in this game. The game then gives you the video vingette of the double turn, and how Hart turned into a heel and Austin became a face, and then at the next PPV of Hart vs. Bret... the crowd reaction is the same to Hart as it is to Austin... a dull moan as he emerges from the non-curtain. Same thing for Austin. It's just so weak.

-edit-

The utter shit of this game doesn't even end in the ring. I go to Options and see "Gameplay Manual," which has a tile on the menu, and I'm like, oh, cool, a manual. I click on it and it tells me "To view the gameplay manual, go to this website..." They seriously have a menu option called "Gameplay Manual" that tells you to open your computer browser ... wtf.

God damnit how does this stupid chain wrestling system even work? I lock up with the stupid idiot Shawn Michaels, and then they immediately just back each other into a corner so I can't even initiative the chain thing... IT says "Press X to attack your opponent in CHain wrestling." So... I press X when locked up and they just do the back into a corner animation.

Goddamnit.

Neverfade

God damnit how does this stupid chain wrestling system even work? I lock up with the stupid idiot Shawn Michaels, and then they immediately just back each other into a corner so I can't even initiative the chain thing... IT says "Press X to attack your opponent in CHain wrestling." So... I press X when locked up and they just do the back into a corner animation.

Goddamnit.

The backup into the corner thing happens when you tie up and both hit the same button I believe. You have to hit triangle, square, or circle at that point to play the rock, paper, scissors thing. Then if you win that you'll go into the chain thing where you use the stick to find a sweet spot to work them down/regain stamina. During THAT time you can strike them with square or do something with X, don't recall off the top of my head.

El_Cinefilo

I've recently got back into this and tried the Mycareer mode. Such a mixed (mostly bad) bag.

• Even if you're the number one contender you won't get a title shot unless you enter in a rivalry with the champ. I don't remember the game explaining this.
  • I understand why you can't hold all the titles at once but if you win a title and then decide to go for the next it just gives the belt back to the person you just beat?
  • just been promoted to the main roster and I'm facing Sting on superstars. They shouldn't have the main event big names on that show.
  • my god those interview sections are terrible.
  • why does it sometimes make you start a rivals match and then if you interfere you don't even control your character? I don't want to just watch the computer fight.

There's so much potential for this to be a really cool mode but it feels so half assed.

Lately, every once in awhile I get a desire for a wrestling game and check to see the price for the PC version for WWE 2K16 which can already be found relatively cheap and I get an urge to buy it but then I come back here and elsewhere and remind myself why I stopped supporting this series and how much of a crushing disappointment 2K has been since they took over and the urge goes away.

Picked this up from the season pass sale. Been waiting for this to go down in price since it's $109.00 CAN for the deluxe edition....

Started with Stone Cold 2K Showcase and had no idea what I was doing lol. I haven't played a WWE/WWF title since WWF SmackDown!/Know Your Role on PS1 and WWF SmackDown! Just Bring It/Shut Your Mouth on PS2. I've shadowed the 2K15 and other gaf topics for this series and really wanted 2K16 but it had to be cheap.

The one main question I got is if I download a user created superstar can I use the template/character as my own Career character? I'm looking to download a Jay Lethal caw and use him on a fresh career. I put a couple of hours into my career already and I hate the look of the one I made. It did take over 2 hours with all the custom move sets/entrance/character. God damn at the amount of moves!

I've had the game on ps4 since launch so I bought the PC version last week during the steam sale. Is the PC version supposed to have input lag? I'm using a wireless Xbox one controller. I hop back on the ps4 version and no input lag. I'm running a pretty beefy PC 4790k, 16gb DDR3, and a 1070 so spec wise I'm good. Not even 2k15 was an issue on PC for me last year. Any thoughts?

Picked this up on GWG.

Damn, I need a tutorial. Really bizarre nothing is included.

Not played a WWE game for years.

Any good online YouTube tutorials, just for the basics?

Don't really have much experience with wrestling games or wrestling in general, so I'm glad to find out that there is some kind of tutorial, because I'm really confused about how to play this. I have no idea what I'm doing!

I am enjoying the creation mode quite a bit, though. I made a few already: A (lousy) Lou Ferrigno-inspired Hulk, Harley Quinn, Supergirl, and She-Hulk.

How in the world do I get the CPU to tag me back in? I had a Tag Team match and once I tagged my partner in he bogartted the rest of the match, no matter what I did.

Hasney

How in the world do I get the CPU to tag me back in? I had a Tag Team match and once I tagged my partner in he bogartted the rest of the match, no matter what I did.

Just keep hitting the button that makes your hand reach out for the tag. EVENTUALLY it'll happen.... Eventually.

I maxed out Strike Speed, Chain Wrestling Speed, Pin Escape, Reversal, Strike Reversal, Grapple Reversal, and Aerial Reversals for every Superstar. And turned off Reversal Limit.

Playing and watching matches feels much much much better.

So if you have two bucks and change to spare, download the Accelerator and check it out for yourself.

I'll do it again for 2K17.

Top Bottom