• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k18 |OT| Neville May Walk Out, But Yuke's Are Still Here For You

Hasney

DMWlSzUV4AASBib.jpg

Hasney

Ha, cashing in Money in the Bank every week in career mode and getting 300 extra VC and 120 influence every week and 2 easy loot boxes every in-game month.

Hasney

Any impressions on the pc port of this? I mean I know Fire Pro and all but I’m still curious.

Not heard about specific issues anywhere, you get the same bugs as the rest of us!

2K17 port was good, I expect it to be the case here too.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
WWE 2k's PC port is BAD

Graphics are awful at max, entrances and menus locked at 30 lol, getting fps drops randomly and they're from 60ish to 30ish

Ew

Branson

I couldn't get into Fire Pro. I tried it, went through the tutorials but it just wasn't fun.
It’s an acquired style of play. I sim a lot actually so maybe I’m not the right type of player for it. It took me a while to “get” it.

Wwe games are honestly a lot easier to just pick up and play. So idk. Different things.

shanafan

It’s an acquired style of play. I sim a lot actually so maybe I’m not the right type of player for it. It took me a while to “get” it.

Wwe games are honestly a lot easier to just pick up and play. So idk. Different things.

Yeah, I like the 2K games for their arcade-like feel. I turn off the in-game commentary, and play to the Day of Reckoning soundtrack. It's quite fun.

Lashley

AI take the piss a bit on Normal

Reversals right after finishers etc, doing my head in

the reversal system sucks too, im press it when the icon comes up and i get too fast and too slow, just seems random

Lashley

Loving the soundtrack

Also, backstage brawls are so fucking good

Bray managed to beat me by jumping off a small box whilst I hit him with 4 finishers but whatever

(I HATE the pin system)

WWE 2k's PC port is BAD

Graphics are awful at max, entrances and menus locked at 30 lol, getting fps drops randomly and they're from 60ish to 30ish

Ew
What are your specs? Entrances have always been locked at 30. 2K15 had this thing where alt-tabbing would unlock the framerate, but it would fluctuate all over the place.

TUFCfan

Neo Member
Something definitely seems wrong with the PC version for me when trying to play at 4K (I have a 1080).

In matches I got 48-49fps with the all the options up to highest settings, but even if I drop all the options to off/lowest settings the framerate still stays at 48-49fps which seems very odd. Have dropped down to 1440p for now and getting what seems like a solid 60fps.

Hasney

I made a glitch work for easy VC and Loot Crates! Finally!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0_rdHo_En8

1) Be on at least your second year in career, so finish the first year story
2) Be on Smackdown (Optional, might work on Raw, but not tested, so it this way. Talk to Vince at the far end of the corridor opposite from Gorilla to change brands)
3) Do not be WWE Champion, or you will fight yourself
4) Before JUNE WEEK 1 talk to Shane and tell him you want to go for the tag team championship. He's in the authority office closest to gorilla, but not always there
5) On JUNE WEEK 1, talk to Shane again and he'll put you in the Money in the Bank
6) Win all the matches leading up to and including Money in The Bank
7) Next week, talk to Triple H to cash in. You'll face the WWE champion for the tag titles
8) Win
9) Load back in and you'll be in the parking lot with an objective to talk to the car park attendant. Don't do this and instead run to gorilla position
10) After your producer speaks, talk to Shane and get your rewards. There is a random chance of getting a bronze, silver or gold loot crate at this point
11) Talk to the parking lot attendant to go home
12) On the next show and every show, repeat steps 7-11

You can't cash in during January as HHH will want to put you in the Rumble. On June 1st, he'll vanish and you can re-enter the Money in the Bank and do it again.

If you accidentally win the WWE Title, change brands to Raw and you can repeatedly cash in for the Universal title.

Lashley

What are your specs? Entrances have always been locked at 30. 2K15 had this thing where alt-tabbing would unlock the framerate, but it would fluctuate all over the place.

GTX 970 OC'd, i5-6600k OC'd to 4.4ghz, 16gb ram and a gsync monitor

when the game launches now it just flickers like its trying to display a resolution it can't, great

Lashley

wtf sometimes sound is just missing?

In rivarly cutscenes they'll not speak and then i might restart the match and the exact same cutscene the commentators speak

Also happens with the ref he'll count to 7 then turn mute but continue his hand signals lmao

So, series newbie here. Trying to make a custom arena but the words Be Like No One are plastered on the ring canvas and I can't get rid of it. Any help?

Ok so you know how I said I wanted to do stephen colbert if I was forced to play a male in MyCareer

Well, importing his photo led to something uncanny and PLANS CHANGED

aa8026edeb.jpg

atomsk

Party Pooper
wtf sometimes sound is just missing?

In rivarly cutscenes they'll not speak and then i might restart the match and the exact same cutscene the commentators speak

Also happens with the ref he'll count to 7 then turn mute but continue his hand signals lmao

Playing some Road to Glory this weekend, and during the matches the crowd was going dead silent during 90% of the match.

Though the matches were on Main Event... so I guess that's accurate

Hasney

Playing some Road to Glory this weekend, and during the matches the crowd was going dead silent during 90% of the match.

Though the matches were on Main Event... so I guess that's accurate

Yeah, that's a known thing on RTG right now.

Lashley

So many small annoyances

So many entrances outdated, such as Corbin and Owens, and AJ doesn't do his locked arms thing as well as no "BURN IT DOWN' in Seth's entrance, the cover star

Commentators referring to females as he

I like the gameplay though, AI is a legit challenge on normal

Also the soundtrack is amazing

In what way weren't you impressed? Match pacing is pretty much the same, although there's new animations for some reversals which add to it and multi man matches have a system to be less of a cluster fuck. You can now carry people around the ring with lifting moves and bring out a giant ladder to out people through.

Mode wise, Universe is largely the same just tweaked. Career mode works for a year but is better in theory. There's a proper online competitive mode.

That's about it. Nothing has radically changed.

I definitely want faster moving matches.

Lashley

Can you defend two titles at once like you used to be able to?

Like US Champ v WWE Champ, winner takes both?

Lashley

how do i use a downloaded image as an alt attire? i wanna use the burn it down image for a shirt for rollins entrance

Lashley

Sick of the smoking ads on SD Live

Also, weird controller issue on PC its showing two selections for 1 controller, so if I press up it selects me as both wrestlers ffs

There should be an option for custom images when you go to apple stuff to the shirt.

Where? I can't see it :(

Top Bottom