• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Draft |OT| A McMahon on every show

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Can we talk about how good of an improv actor Cass is? His network exclusive promo work last night was even outshining what Enzo was bringing to the table. Dude has the chops for his character, but his scripted promos take 0 advantage of what the guy has.

Most of the promos were really good.

Fucking Miz's was excellent. He came across as a full on dickhead heel with confidence. Some of these guys really should just be told 'go there, say this' and let them get on with it.

UberTag

Most of the promos were really good.

Fucking Miz's was excellent. He came across as a full on dickhead heel with confidence. Some of these guys really should just be told 'go there, say this' and let them get on with it.
The product would improve immeasurably if they did. Which is why it will never happen.

The women's division on NXT right now is literally just Asuka and Bayley. They brought up everyone on the second tier (Alexa, Carmella, Nia, even Dana a while back).

Which leaves a bunch of enhancement talent and people who are still super green.

HHH is probably scouting more women over men now.

They have at least a couple experienced women waiting in the wings who haven't debuted on NXT TV yet in Athena/Ember Moon and Nikki Storm, I'm really hoping that with that call up it means the ball is going to finally get rolling on Athena debuting after almost a year since she was signed. Also you may not believe it but Billie Kay and Peyton Royce have been wrestling for nine and seven years respectfully.

RBH

kVNGZux.png

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez

Ithil

Nia Jax's gimmick is "plus size model doing wrestling"
I mean damn, her entrance theme is straight out of a commercial for make-up or some shit, and that wrestling gear is designer's clothes level of weird. Her entrance is like a girl on the catwalk for the 2016 Spring Collection. She's supposed to be scary?

It's like Summer Rae, who's always been a heel, even on Total Divas, but she seems like the nicest girl possible, it makes it unbelievable.

Nia Jax's gimmick is "plus size model doing wrestling"
I mean damn, her entrance theme is straight out of a commercial for make-up or some shit, and that wrestling gear is designer's clothes level of weird. Her entrance is like a girl on the catwalk for the 2016 Spring Collection. She's supposed to be scary?

I wasn't a fan of the close ups they were doing on her eyes during last night's NXT. Is that a regular thing? I don't recall it previously.

Shiv47

I re-subbed to the network to watch the CWC, and would watch Raw for the cruiserweight stuff if it had a set slot, but I'm not watching either show after seeing how they split up the roster. Neither show has enough people worth watching to endure the rest of the garbage and terrible booking.

MrChom

I re-subbed to the network to watch the CWC, and would watch Raw for the cruiserweight stuff if it had a set slot, but I'm not watching either show after seeing how they split up the roster. Neither show has enough people worth watching to endure the rest of the garbage and terrible booking.

I subbed to the network for NXT and get special bonus CWC...I tried watching Raw/SD for a few weeks...dear lord it was painful. They've got enough talent for 2 good rosters, and one developmental...instead we're seeing 2 "eh" rosters that make little sense (splitting the women and cruiserweights), and a developmental that's keeping in people like Samoa Joe and Shinsuke who are clearly good enough for the main roster but leaking people like Dana Brook, Nia Jax, and Baron Corbin who don't cut it. Add to that the fact that people like the Ascension and the Vaudevillains are being wasted because someone doesn't get how to use them, or introduce them....

Very frustrating. I'll stick with NXT. You lose superstars all the time, but at least while they're there they're being given sane things to do, and do promos that generally aren't abysmal.

Jamie OD

Dave Meltzer wrote an explanation for the NXT picks in the new Wrestling Observer.

A key here is political. With the exception of Balor, who was in NXT for far too long, everyone called up was someone signed and trained by WWE and put in their system. People like Aries, Roode, Tye Dillinger and Eric Young, not to mention the champions of the brand are all far more advanced, but because of the millions of dollars spent, to justify it, you have to prove it worked by showing that you’ve trained real athletes like Jax (college basketball), Jordan & Gable (college wrestling), Rawley (college/pro football), Baron Corbin (college/pro football), Bliss (gymnastics), and Dana Brooke (fitness). They could have cherry picked the PWG All-Star team of three years ago or New Japan’s top American guys who have kids and want to be closer to home or Japanese guys who want to be on the international stage, or the fed up with TNA alumni crew, brought them in, without a program. This is not meant as a knock on the program, because it is that program that will keep them on top while New Japan will struggle going forward for not having something remotely similar even though New Japan’s actual training system is more successful with a higher percentage of recruits.

So he thinks the picks were meant to show that the WWE Perfomance Center is successful at converting athletes into wrestlers.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dave Meltzer wrote an explanation for the NXT picks in the new Wrestling Observer.

So he thinks the picks were meant to show that the WWE Perfomance Center is successful at converting athletes into wrestlers.

I'd say they are, too. And this runs even deeper because it shows that HHH is capable of keeping things going.

Makes me chuckle that they just gave everyone new t-shirts (and Steph a new dress) featuring logos that they were swapping out in a matter of days.

Mahonay

Banned
Makes me chuckle that they just gave everyone new t-shirts (and Steph a new dress) featuring logos that they were swapping out in a matter of days.
They were props for the draft. I'm sure they have a shit ton of extra ones sitting around so it was easy to break those out.

New logos are fine I guess. Curious to see what they do with intros for each show. Also if they actually change the overall Smackdown presentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom