• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Draft |OT| A McMahon on every show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

I did love that they chose to build to Sasha and a partner vs Charlotte and Dana at BG by....having Sasha and Becky vs Charlotte and Dana on RAW.

KingBroly

Banned
I'd bet good money that 24 hours ago Bayley was set to be drafted.

You can't trust this company to stay the course, especially with someone like Sasha who was no say whatsoever.

Considering Bayley, Asuka, Joe and Nakamura weren't drafted, they probably said to themselves 'can't draft em, they're in matches at Brooklyn.' It'd have been nice if they told us, the viewers that.

But Bayley is 100% going to be her partner on Sunday. Charlotte and Dana come out, boasting up the ramp and in the ring. Then Sasha comes out alone, standard entrance as usual, gets in the ring. Commentators wonder where her partner is or if she has one, a hush goes over the crowd for just a slight second at the possibility of the match just starting...

AND THEN...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-KszJ4lqxM

The CROWD EXPLODES in cheers! Everyone is confused, including Sasha, who has some dismay as well.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
In all fairness, WWE kinda have done what they needed to do. Smackdown has AJ, Cena, American Alpha, Miz and Alexa Bliss.

Raw has KO, Rollins, Enzo and Cass, Cesaro, Rusev and Sasha.

I can't really afford to miss either show.

Considering Bayley, Asuka, Joe and Nakamura weren't drafted, they probably said to themselves 'can't draft em, they're in matches at Brooklyn.' It'd have been nice if they told us, the viewers that.

But Bayley is 100% going to be her partner on Sunday. Charlotte and Dana come out, boasting up the ramp and in the ring. Then Sasha comes out alone, standard entrance as usual, gets in the ring. Commentators wonder where her partner is or if she has one, a hush goes over the crowd for just a slight second at the possibility of the match just starting...

AND THEN...

The CROWD EXPLODES in cheers! Everyone is confused, including Sasha, who has some dismay as well.

It makes sense. Having the crowd explode as she actually comes out on stage instead of announced at a draft will be great. I do think she should end up on Smackdown though.

Paige should get her exploding ovaries checked out.

I did love that they chose to build to Sasha and a partner vs Charlotte and Dana at BG by....having Sasha and Becky vs Charlotte and Dana on RAW.
For one wild moment last night given how Bayley's just crying somewhere and how she is the only face around minus Paige combined with Monday I thought Becky might actually work two matches at Battleground and fight Natalya and also tag with Sasha.

Mahonay

Banned
Supposedly there are other talent that were in agreement with the shoot promo Cesaro gave last night after being drafted 17th to RAW.

I felt like that draft had no rhyme or reason for who went where, other than making sure RAW kept most of their top talent on that show. Smackdown feels like Main Event honestly with that roster, once you get down past the top picks.

Also WWE can fuck themselves for finding ways to stick it to their talent for no good reason, like sticking Del Rio and Paige on different shows. Or putting Kalisto on Smackdown when the cruiserweight division is on RAW.

Toki767

Supposedly there are other talent that were in agreement with the shoot promo Cesaro gave last night after being drafted 17th to RAW.

I felt like that draft had no rhyme or reason for who went where, other than making sure RAW kept most of their top talent on that show. Smackdown feels like Main Event honestly with that roster, once you get down past the top picks.

Also WWE can fuck themselves for finding ways to stick it to their talent for no good reason, like sticking Del Rio and Paige on different shows. Or putting Kalisto on Smackdown on when the cruiserweight division is on RAW.

It was kind of telling when Bryan and Shane were on the Network and they had to think of the logic behind their choices because nothing past their first 3 picks made any sense.

Also WWE can fuck themselves for finding ways to stick it to their talent for no good reason, like sticking Del Rio and Paige on different shows. Or putting Kalisto on Smackdown when the cruiserweight division is on RAW.

They seem to be able to make the worst of a good situation. That's a special talent there.

Although I would like to see how it plays out

deli2000

Legit shook. WWE main roster is trash tier television.

what_year_is_it.jpg

Finn Balor lost to both Samoa Joe and Nakamura, as to cement these two as the top guys in NXT. There was no way they would be part of the draft.

As for the show, I thought it wasn't fun at all.

They failed to create the illusion of it being real. The picks just felt random (after the first picks). It didn't feel like they were fighting to get the best talent still available.

I litterally facepalmed myself when Zayn was picked by Raw, no more than 10 seconds after being buried by Kane. WWE writers must really hate Zayn and their own product.

The main event is the only match I enjoyed. Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins are always entertaining.

I hope Finn Balor gets a massive push. His run in NXT was amazing.

kirblar

Smackdown's the old man retirement home, Raw has the new gen and the cruiserweights.

Why would you want to be on Smackdown given that setup? They're deliberately banking on established name value there.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Smackdown's the old man retirement home, Raw has the new gen and the cruiserweights.

Why would you want to be on Smackdown given that setup? They're deliberately banking on established name value there.

My only hope is that the idea is to put Joe and Nakamura on SmackDown because the roster would look a lot cooler with those two guys on it.

But realistically I expect them to both get dumped onto Raw to cement it as the A-show.

AND THEN...

I'd be willing to be money her partner is Nia Jax.

Toki767

If I were on the roster I'd want to go to Smackdown. Raw is going to be the Roman Reigns show.

At least on Smackdown there will be some room for upward momentum as Cena won't be around all the time and Orton always gets injured.

daemissary

Legit shook. WWE main roster is trash tier television.

I agree with you completely on main roster being trash tier TV but that has nothing to do with Nakamura not being drafted.

Should they have included a throw away line about NXT management only making certain NXT stars available to draft after negotiations with Steph and Shane? Yes, that would've helped it make more sense.

There's a much much larger break in logic when Smackdown drafts actively shitty people over Owens and Cesaro then Shane and Bryan are asked about it on the post show and have no explanation.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If I were on the roster I'd want to go to Smackdown. Raw is going to be the Roman Reigns show.

At least on Smackdown there will be some room for upward momentum as Cena won't be around all the time and Orton always gets injured.

Cena probably will be around all the time, just not on house shows.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Nia as Sasha's partner? She's had such a hard time convincing people she's mean on NXT they might as well make her a babyface at this point.

Nia as Sasha's partner? She's had such a hard time convincing people she's mean on NXT they might as well make her a babyface at this point.
I'll try to look at it as a fresh start. There's going to be a good portion of viewers who have no clue who Nia is, so they have the chance to set a good example of the monster heel they probably want her to be.

What I mean is that Alicia is straight-up jobbing to her for the next three months.

Cosmozone

I can't wait to see the reactions when Sasha's partner on Sunday is Paige. One final disappointment for all of you.
That would be awesome, although I love Bayley.

The draft itself was pretty bad. In fact it's hard to imagine how to come up with a worse split without being deliberately dumb. It was so painfully obvious how they wanted to keep the ongoing feuds intact. Also note that Corey Graves has been separated from Eva Marie, lol.

ReiGun

They really should. They really want her to be this monster heel, but the woman clearly doesn't have a mean bone in her body and isn't a good enough actress to pretend that she does.

They really should. They really want her to be this monster heel, but the woman clearly doesn't have a mean bone in her body and isn't a good enough actress to pretend that she does.

Also, she'd be a great role model for big girls. No need to make her a monster heel.

Kurita

Nia Jax's gimmick is "plus size model doing wrestling"
I mean damn, her entrance theme is straight out of a commercial for make-up or some shit, and that wrestling gear is designer's clothes level of weird. Her entrance is like a girl on the catwalk for the 2016 Spring Collection. She's supposed to be scary?

Nekofrog

Banned
Can we talk about how good of an improv actor Cass is? His network exclusive promo work last night was even outshining what Enzo was bringing to the table. Dude has the chops for his character, but his scripted promos take 0 advantage of what the guy has.

somedevil

I mean damn, her entrance theme is straight out of a commercial for make-up or some shit, and that wrestling gear is designer's clothes level of weird. Her entrance is like a girl on the catwalk for the 2016 Spring Collection. She's supposed to be scary?

The thing is she is new and it doesn't help it seems she is real nice in real life. Just look at the video of her reaction when she is picked.

Heroman

Banned

She has no monster heel blood in her.

Angry Grimace

Do you REALLY want to see Dana Brooke v. Nia Jax?

Whether I think that will happen has nothing to do with whether I want it to happen.

They made sure to draft Nia on the show for a reason.

Striker

When he and Lana did a romance angle last year. They had no chemistry whatsoever and Ziggler's performances both in-ring and promo wise took a drop. Around the same time Ziggler started doing stand up comedy as a hobby and his tweets became unbearably bad with unfunny jokes. That along with him thinking he should be on top when his in-ring form said otherwise turned him into an unlikable figure to some of us.
IIRC, wasn't Ziggler filming a movie for a good portion of that feud? And there was the catfights going on between Summer Rae and Lana. Lana forgetting her accent, basically everybody looked foolish in that angle except Summer who probably did her best work (esp than Lana).

Lmaoooo there was like a 5 page argument about how shinsuke would never be overlooked and then comes the draft lmao. Anyways raw looks the most interesting by far except for commentary and lack of aj

Jamie OD

IIRC, wasn't Ziggler filming a movie for a good portion of that feud? And there was the catfights going on between Summer Rae and Lana. Lana forgetting her accent, basically everybody looked foolish in that angle except Summer who probably did her best work (esp than Lana).

Yeah nobody except Summer Rae looked good in that feud yet it ending was the worst thing that happened to her.

UberTag

Allegedly from Smackdown as they were setting up. They had no idea what they were doing:
They had every idea what they were doing. The problem is that they were undermined by a senile old man who changed his mind at the last second.
When the captain driving the ship is clueless, his crew is powerless to make the correct call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom