• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It's true, it's damn true - CTE-riddled Kurt Angle returns to wrestling for TLC

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Kyari

I saw Angle wrestle at an indie show this time last year, he was pretty good.
Astounding that they'll clear him but not Daniel Bryan.

So...why can't anyone--or why haven't they built up anyone--outside of Kurt Angle take Roman's spot??

Because the PPV is sunday, the last Raw was monday, and they're low on talent at the moment due to Cena/Brock Lesnar/etc all being unavailable.

jwhit28

No he dressed as an 19th century Old West undertaker who was also a zombie controlled by an urn.

And battled such enemies as a Sasquatch, large African cannibal, a Voodoo priest, and a Viking warrior.
Don't forget a Samoan Sumo wrestler. Wasn't it against Yokozuna where a train of heels came down to the ring for Undertakers urn?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
And of all matches for him to come back in, Kurt's in a TLC match

Prepare your obituaries.

kirblar

Because the PPV is sunday, the last Raw was monday, and they're low on talent at the moment due to Cena/Brock Lesnar/etc all being unavailable.
Bryan was still doing headbutt spots after he came back last time. I totally get why they don't trust him.

Luschient

Jesus christ .. what the fuck happened to wrestling

1466762096189.gif

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
If its a TLC match, then there's not any actually tagging right? Like its straight up a 3 vs 5 free for all? I could see Angle getting tagged in and doing a couple moves, but this sounds like a match where he either has to take some bumps or be Goldberg-esque and dominate.

Or maybe backstage shenanigans and he runs out to save the day or something

kirblar

If its a TLC match, then there's not any actually tagging right? Like its straight up a 3 vs 5 free for all? I could see Angle getting tagged in and doing a couple moves, but this sounds like a match where he either has to take some bumps or be Goldberg-esque and dominate.

Or maybe backstage shenanigans and he runs out to save the day or something
Yeah, it's 3v5 FFA.

The Undertaker never dressed as a ghost woman with special voice effects added

It's no worse than vintage WCW Dungeon of Doom fuckery.

The reason it's so bad is that the WWE is trying to sell the product as less cartoony and more like a real sport, which is why someone like Bray often comes across as out of place and hokey.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Prepare yourself for how Kurt will look. His arms have not held up. He's like a barrel with sticks on the sides.

uVGgyck.jpg

cordy

Banned
Hasn't Kurt not only received more concussions than Bryan but he also has more brain damage from pain killers and ODing?

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Are you kidding me? With the way Angle hobbles around the ring? Watching him stand with his knees bent weirdly makes me uncomfortable every time... that guy's body is broken.

I mean, Angle is awesome... great guy... but I really don't want to see him hurt himself.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hasn't Kurt not only received more concussions than Bryan but he also has more brain damage from pain killers and ODing?

Hard to say. Bryan bragged about how many concussions he had his first month of wrestling, had seizures in WWE, and more.

Kurt's...a time bomb

kunonabi

I mean they could have just plugged in Balor for the main event and filled the rest of the time with something else from the midcard.

well it looks worse to me. keep defending the garbage waste of time product that wwe is today if you want to though.

I'm not defending it, because that Bray/Finn match was going to be a dumpster fire. I'm saying your "what the fuck happened to wrestling" post was dumb, because wrestling has ALWAYS been dumb.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
well it looks worse to me. keep defending the garbage waste of time product that wwe is today if you want to though.

Wrestling has always been ridiculous, you're not fooling anyone wishing for the "good old days"

2017 has been the best year for wrestling fans, bar none

So WWE in 2017

Rehired Jeff Hardy
Has a roided up Jinder Mahal as champ
Letting Kurt Angle and his busted neck into a TLC match

You can tell its been a decade since Benoit

Top Bottom